Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If You Could Have Any Gun What Would It Be?

Well lets see.

One gun that ain't fair.

In an auto hands down a 1911 with all the bells from Bruce Gray or Claudio at Briley. Either one would last a life time and would be a beautiful blaster.

In a revolver a 6" model 29 S&W with a Shilen barrel from Frank Glenn or any S&W that Frank builds.

A shotgun of course a 870 3" from Wilson with the ghost rings and Briley chokes.

A rifle 308 an FN/FAL from Accuracy Speaks with Leoupold glass and a bi pod.

Damn I just realized, I could not get by with just one gun.

Sorry :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my limited gun, I would stick with my STI 5" with the Briley top end. For Revolver I can't make up my mind if I would go with a S&W model 625 or stick with my 610.

Of course if I could get that GE minigun to mount on the bumper of my truck......

Dennis

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days and if some nice person told me that they’d buy me gun I wanted the one I’d pick is a Model 21 M1a from Springfield. I’d get the Krieger stainless barrel, Harris bipod and some high zoot optics. Steel and wood. I’ll leave the plastic to you youngsters.

Ed

When I was a kid I grew up reading Jack O'Conner and Peter Hathaway Capstick sneaking through the jungle on the trail of an Elephant with 90 lb. tusk's or a Cape buffalo that just ravaged a village. Well I have never grown up I still want to do those things but I need to have a rifle worth the trip. That would be a

Holland & Holland 'Royal DR' (double rifle), in caliber .500/.465 with 26" barrels a quarter Rib, Royal Scroll engraving, double trigger, Oak & Leather / Cover case. I found one used in new condition for $47,000.00 what a beauty.

Shi[pster

I too grew up on Keith, and as I got older Capstick et al. Your choice is a great one. I want a similar one, .470 Nitro, by Wesley Richards.

Don't wait to get a double rifle to go to Africa. I went last year and it was great even without a double. My .375 and .300 H&H did the job in 2002 just like they did in the 30's, and 40's. Maybe not the glamour but they were classic anyway.

tightloop:

The Wesley Richards in .470 Nitro is also an outstanding rifle. Yes you are right I shouldn't wait on the rifle to go, and I probabley won't. I have one more of my kids to move out when she Graduates in 3 years, and with a lot of planning and saving. I'll make it happen.

tightloop and shipster:

Many years ago I was looking around for a really top notch 2 piece gunstock blank. I had some bucks to burn on a nice piece of English walnut for a SXS shotgun. To make a long story short, I tracked down a bunch of exhibition grade wood that had gone to Butch Searcy. I ended up talking to Butch (never heard of him) and he offered to build me a .470 Field Grade upgrade to an awesome exhibition stock for around $5,000.00. As a poor school teacher, I passed on the offer. If I could only do it all over...

Guest Larry Cazes

I'm pretty happy right now with my new SV .40 limited that I just bought this last month, but I would like that Semi Barrett .50BMG that I saw at the store last week........... :D

Larry

I originally missed the "you can only have the one gun" in the body of the first post.

Well it's winter here and it is play time. I've been dabbling with any gun I can get my hands on. Beretta Vertec, Sig 229, Sig 226, Colt 1991A1, STI, SV, Caspian, Glock... I must admit when I first started thinking about it, I thought it impossible. After my recent experiment, it was clear to me. If I could only have one, it would be my Beretta Elite II... though I might trade up for the .40 cal.

I remember a article years ago in one of the big gun mags on this and it was a survey between several of the better writers ot the time. This did not include any comp type stuff, this was a pure one gun do everthing survial type deal. The hands down winner was a 12 ga box lock double such as the savage ect. Just a work every time bet your life on it and get the meat deal. Larry

See the tough part of this is what are the circumstances. Are you in the wilderness fending for your life, or does life go on as it is - just that the toys have been restricted to one. For life as it is today, a CCW holder is likely to pick a handgun.

I've actually given this some thought in the past...

Absolutely "one gun only - period" would be a Rifleman's Rifle: 24" AR-10(T), Leupold M1 MilDot 3.5-10x , and a .308 TA11C ACOG if I could have it. You didn't specify one optic!

The One Handgun - tougher; Glock 35 or Wilson CQB depending on my mood at the precise moment I had to choose....