Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Fighting

joshua79109

I am going to go to a gun fighting school and I'm looking for advice. I'm interested in up close and personal type training. Right now I am thinking about some courses from Suarez International. Where have you been and was the training helpful for a fight type of scenario. I am looking for training that is related to realistic personal safety.

Thanks

Edited by joshua79109

Try U.S Training Center {Blackwater} or try to get in a Ken Hackathorn class either one of them is good to go !

Hack's class was hard to beat though ! He trains the best shooter's in the buiness and they call him !

http://www.shivworks.com/tutorials.asp

16-18

October

PUC/ECQC-1/ECQC-2

Dallas, TX.

Point of contact: Ian Mechura

imechura@gmail.com

Craig (Southnarc) is one of the innovators of close quarters/force on force scenarios. Take his class if you can. I will as soon as it's within reasonable distance to me.

Edited by spankaveli

http://www.shivworks.com/tutorials.asp

16-18

October

PUC/ECQC-1/ECQC-2

Dallas, TX.

Point of contact: Ian Mechura

imechura@gmail.com

Craig (Southnarc) is one of the innovators of close quarters/force on force scenarios. Take his class if you can. I will as soon as it's within reasonable distance to me.

Huge +1 for this. I just trained with Craig for the second time (third if you count a 2 hour black at a conference) a few weeks ago. It doesn't get any more realistic and honest to the problem than this.

I do have prior training in this area. I served in a unit that allowed me to do a tremendous amount of training like this (it's been a while though) and now I'd like to see some more of it from different instructors.

So far it looks like there is not any fans of Suarez....

I am looking for some real - save my/my loved ones lives - kind of training.

I'm going to spend some time checking into the suggestions given and I appreciate the information.

Thanks

Take a look at Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical. I took a 3 day carbine class from him in '07 and he was very very good. http://www.eagtactical.com/

Also, look at Jeff Gonzales & Trident Concepts. He's in TX, too. Haven't trained with him yet but I've been talking and emailing with him quite a bit over the last year setting up classes in WI and he's pretty switched on.

http://www.tridentconcepts.com/index.aspx

The two of them also have a nice forum that they run. You have to go to one of their classes to get access to it.

• 1 month later...

And if you're willing to travel, the Oregon Firearms Academy is highly reputed and has waiting lists for both firearm training and hand-to-hand stuff. They train both LEO and non-LEO folks and the instructors have interesting and intensely serious background experience. The students rave about this place. I've been there dozens of times and can see why.

If you want in your face training, Gabe is the man. Paul Howe, Kyle Lamb, Brain Searcy and of course Vickers, are great training in the combat arena, they have been there and done that. They will also teach you that this is a way to do something, not the way; which means a lot in my book. Any force on force training is way better than sitting on a square range, if you already have an understanding of which end a bullet comes out. Good Luck in your adventure.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got done completing a Tactical Pistol Instructor course at CSAT and it was awesome and informative. Will be attending the Tactical Rifle Instructor in April w/ Paul.

A big +1 for Paul Howe and CSAT for realistic and practical training that makes perfect sense.