Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Mountain Moonclip Holder

glockwerkes

I wanted to share my recent experience at the Nationals. I've been using the four post holder for about two years, and never had a problem. On the last day of the Nationals, one of the kydex "ears" fractured. It didn't snap off, but would only hold one moon before bending over. As I was halfway thru the last day of competition, I slapped some duct tape on it and continued on. I ran into Mr. Perdue later in the day and mentioned it to him. Not a complaint so much as a "Hey, this happened, wanted you to know about it". He said to look him up later at the hotel, which I did. I had one of the earlier models, but it didn't matter to Bob. He promptly took off my posts, screwed them into a brand new kydex holder, and handed it back to me. When I asked how much, he replied "no charge". He said he always carries spares to major matches, for just such an emergency.

No, I'm not sponsored by him (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night). My reason for this story is that I think extraodinary customer service should be recognized, as it is so often lacking these days. So Bob, many thanks, my hat's off to you. You've got a customer for life.

:cheers:

Bob is definitely a class act.

I emailed him recently that I had heard he was building a modified version for those of us with "waistline issues". He said that he had not actually built one yet and would let me know when they were ready. About two weeks later I get an email from him to send him my address. So I called him to pay for the 4-post he was sending me. He refused payment! Told me to try the new model for a couple of matches and if I liked it to pay the invoice.

Now, I am not a "name" shooter and Bob did not know me from Adam. But he was willing to extend me that kind of courtesy just because I was a fellow shooter. Not many people do business on a man's word like that anymore.

I have found that most of the folks that handle revo gear are great to deal with. Also revo shooters are the most friendly.

I also run a north mountain 4 post. Its nice to know how well he stands behind his product

Been looking at getting a NM holder now for a while and have decided to go this direction because of threads like this and seeing Hop's at AR section. My only question is.... 4post or the new 5 post I saw on Shooters Connection?

Edited by CDPMatt

Bob's one heck of a man, a stand up guy and the go to character if you need a table at a resturaunt real quick!

And that's a story for Corkys on Germantown Road in Memphis on Oct. 30 at 7pm.

Bob I'm counting on you to hold the table til the rest of us get there!

Edited by pskys2

Bob is definitely a class act.

I emailed him recently that I had heard he was building a modified version for those of us with "waistline issues". He said that he had not actually built one yet and would let me know when they were ready. About two weeks later I get an email from him to send him my address. So I called him to pay for the 4-post he was sending me. He refused payment! Told me to try the new model for a couple of matches and if I liked it to pay the invoice.

Now, I am not a "name" shooter and Bob did not know me from Adam. But he was willing to extend me that kind of courtesy just because I was a fellow shooter. Not many people do business on a man's word like that anymore.

So do you have a picture for us fellow dunlap's disease sufferers?

Jerry

i have issues with post three and four but im working on mine... when i first got it i had problems seeing all four post... :)

kettlebells and walking works wonders.. just hope i can keep it up after it gets cold

Don't forget, the North Mountain Moonclip Holder is endorsed by the USPSA Chump.....

I'm not going to say it was responsible for my win; there was skill involved.

I would say 70% North Mountain and 55% Coors Light and -25% my shooting.

Don't forget to credit the binge gambling and lack of sleep, Cliff. That one night you went to bed early nearly cost you the match!

That was close. Good thing I hit the strip club the next night to make up for it.

I like em. I've bought three of them since March of this year. Got my 1st one for A6 this year. The 2nd one was the fat boy version, which replaced the standard model. I got the 3rd one last week-end at the Ohio sectional. It's the new and improved version of the fat boy.

Hey Bob. No more improvements for a bit. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Bob has got to be the "dillon" of moonclip holders. Through my own stupidity, i broke off one of the posts. I e-mailed him to ask the price of a replacement kydex. He replied "send it back and I will take care of it". I did and he turned it around in less than a week. No charge, not even for return shipping!!! Thanks Bob, If I ever run into you at a match, beers on me. :cheers: