Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why should it be funny?

Never mind, I saw the other thread.

Cuz I can't see anyone being totally honest and choosing choice #3

And there are most likely some funny stories too

Edited by zhunter

Back in August I was loading primer tubes with my Vibra Prime... Somehow, one of the retention pins on the primer tube was not in place.. <_<

So, I am sitting there puling the trigger on my VibraPrime and wondering what it was that I felt hitting my feet...... :angry2:<_<

Almost an entire pack of primers before the thought of stopping and looking occured to me...Lots of profanity...

And, Yes, since it was practice ammo, I picked them up and used them.... :ph34r:

Moral of the story....never reload ammo when you have a lot of other things on your mind....distractions can be a pain in the ass or worse...

Edited by Jack Suber

I was talking.. er.. antagonizing a friend while she was picking up primers with the pickup tube. She turned and said something like "LISTEN!!" while pointing the tube at me.. and flung the contents all over me in a kind of primer shower (she forgot the pin).

Edited by Lee King

I was talking.. er.. antagonizing a friend while she was picking up primers with the pickup tube. She turned and said something like "LISTEN!!" while pointing the tube at me.. and flung the contents all over me in a kind of primer shower (she forgot the pin).

Let me guess....ummm......

Blonde?

Blonde?

I was witholding names to protect the innocent :ph34r:

Blonde?

I was witholding names to protect the innocent :ph34r:

"Innocent"?? <_<

Filling RF100 kept hearing this sound like something dropping on the table. Huh looked nothing seemed out of place. finished its cycle. pulled out the tube and 100 primers were in the base, and underneath the RF100. Couple of profanities slip my lip and scouped them back up and put them back in the tray. You guessed it the cotter pin was laying beside the bench.

That is my Primer DOOOUUUGGGGHHHHH momment.

Every six months or so I over tighten the primer tube on my SDB. If you have one, you know that this can cause the primers to dump into the bottom of the machine. Well, the last time it happened I came on here and griped, (got that post shut down, product specific) and then looked up a cure using the search function, only to find a thread I HAD STARTED where some nice people told me not to over tighten this part! :surprise:

CAN YOU SAY LAME? <_<

Yeah, I felt like a turd for a day about that.

Needless to say, I will probably over tighten that thing one night when I am too tired to be out there reloading, and should be in bed.

Lame-oh Zip

Of course I've dropped priimers.

The bigger question is how hard do ya try to pick ALL of them back up again... :P.

If I ever move out of my place, I'm thinking I'll find a match's worth of primers behind/under the various junk I have lying around in my basement reloading area. :lol:

forget to put the clip in the primer tube.

I performed that trick once [so far!]

The other time I had my flip tray too close to the edge of my workbench... ok, hanging over the edge of my workbench... and when I pressed down with the pickup tube with nothing but air under the tray, cursing ensued.

d'oh!

-rvb

The more interesting poll asks who's had one go off in the vacuum sweeper after thinking you'd cleaned up all the dropped primers... :lol: Or worse... had your wife have one go off in the sweeper... :surprise:

To be absolutely honest, I have never dropped a primer or primers on the floor (20,000 + loaded). Before I open the tray, I slide it out just the tiniest bit, making sure it's not upside down, lay my primer flip tray on top of them, hold the tray against the flip tray, flip, then put the other side of the flip tray on, and flip again. Lay the open flip tray on my flat bench, then load the tubes. Before loading the tubes, always making sure the cotter pin or wire is in place. I don't pull the pin until it is already upside down over the primer feed tube on my Dillon. The closest thing to dropping a primer is when I get to working the machine to fast and one flies out of the primer cup. Won't say it won't happen in the future, but so far.....

Edited by GrumpyOne