Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot for Tact Optic only

bigbrowndog

By the way, we are starting to shoot 3 gun again at our range and 1x red dots are welcome to shoot Tac-Iron. We are putting the money where our ... that phrase sounds kinda sick if you think about it...

Anyway, come one come all to the OKCGC the Sunday before the Nats.. Heck, we are even letting 5.45 rifles shoot it..

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around here tac has to be the most popular buy a long shot.

A typical match you may see 8 ltd, 8 open, 1 hvy metal and around 60 tac shooters.

First it was the the use of the beta and now sighting devices.

Lets screw with the most popular some more.

Zeiss made or makes a 1x optic i think its called a Zpoint, Daniel Horner said it was a pretty cool little sight.

Who else do you consider to be High end. i mean,....my end gets pretty high when I'm on our aerial ladder at work, and I've been in a bunch of firefights :roflol: .

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Would my Trijicon Reflex sight be legal in this new class? Or is it limited to sights that require batteries? My thinking is that if anyone is using a sight with an on/off switch, it should have to be in the OFF position at the beginning of a stage (goes for Open shooters too).

Would my Trijicon Reflex sight be legal in this new class? Or is it limited to sights that require batteries? My thinking is that if anyone is using a sight with an on/off switch, it should have to be in the OFF position at the beginning of a stage (goes for Open shooters too).

You would need to ask the guy who wrote the letter to Front Sight that triggered this discussion. :wacko:

You would need to ask the guy who wrote the letter to Front Sight that triggered this discussion. :wacko:

Batteries??!!?? How Un Tacticool. You know they may die in the middle of a gunfight :roflol:

Great, if this happens I guess I will have to start stages with my eyes closed. Oh wait I already do!

You guys is nuts!!!

Patrick

Great, if this happens I guess I will have to start stages with my eyes closed. Oh wait I already do!

You guys is nuts!!!

Patrick

I knew you had a secret, Pat. Now you've inadvertently given it up......bionic eyes! :surprise:

That would explain your success in hitting those tiny little targets with iron sights! :roflol:

You guys is nuts!!!

Patrick

I knew you had a secret, Pat. Now you've inadvertently given it up......bionic eyes! :surprise:

That would explain your success in hitting those tiny little targets with iron sights! :roflol:

My "bionic" eyes are quickly fading. At this point I only need glasses to see. :lol:

Hoping that my eyeballs quit changing so fast so I can settle on a 'script.

Hey mister are you going to the SPPL 3 gun??? Maybe we can squad up? Or are you working it?

Patrick

You guys is nuts!!!

Patrick

My "bionic" eyes are quickly fading. At this point I only need glasses to see. :lol:

Hoping that my eyeballs quit changing so fast so I can settle on a 'script.

Hey mister are you going to the SPPL 3 gun??? Maybe we can squad up? Or are you working it?

Patrick

I'm working it, but I might have time for a cigar! :cheers:

I hear you about the eyes. Got new glasses last spring, and I think my eyes have already changed! One of these days I may have to start shooting in the geriatric open division! Oh wait, that would be yet another new division.

Curmudgeons, unite! :devil:

I just received my confirmation on the proposal to have TO only be RDS. WooHoo!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

trapr

I got my response of notification to include in meeting agenda:

To allow non magnified red dot type optics on rifles in Limited for multigun and 3 gun tournaments

You have been moderated back to page 8. Posts made to just increase page count will be (in my best Arnie voice) "moderated."

But good luck with your jihad, I'm sure the BOD will go forward with a proposal requiring everybody in the most popular division to get new equipment.

As much as I like to agree with Trapr when he pokes his finger in the eyes of shooters in the most popular division, I really think the thing that makes the most sense is to simply allow 1x red dots in Tactical with iron sights. Those are the people we're missing out on recruiting, and it's a huge portion of the AR owning public. I would love it if my 3 Gun rifle could be used as a HD gun with an EoTech on it. Other than that change, I think it'd be fine to leave TO and Open the same. Limited is the one that could use an influx of new shooters.

Aaaaaaaannnnddd...

Page 9 again!