Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research Adjustable Rear Sight...

Seth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to send mine back after the elevation screw broke. After it was repaired the entire rear assembly came loose and started swinging vertically and laterally. Sight failed with less than 2,000 rounds each time after it was installed.

I'm giving them some time to get back to 100% and then I'll send it back again. I will probably just ask for a refund or credit on some mags, the sight has ruined enough matches for me.

I'm a little surprised to hear of problems. I have 2 of them with literally 10,000 rounds on one and more on the other with zero issue.

Either way the Tripps will get you squared away as soon as the can. I trust them infinitely.

Has anyone had an issue with there sights being under cut?

I never got around installing mine becuse they were way to lose in the dove tail..

You could see about a millimeter of light through the dove tail.

Carlosa , yes I have one that looks undercut its on my Les Baer. Gotta mess with that one also. If i hold the sight up to the light on the slide i see light under the bottom of the sight the in the dove tail. Think I'm gonna check on a refund, and call it a day.

Edited by a matt

Carlosa , yes I have one that looks undercut its on my Les Baer. Gotta mess with that one also. If i hold the sight up to the light on the slide i see light under the bottom of the sight the in the dove tail. Think I'm gonna check on a refund, and call it a day.

Let me know how that goes I might as Virgil to send me a new one..

they told me to go ahead and send my sight back, and they will upgrade it to a gen 2. i sent a note with concerns about the dove cut. that it seems small and a rather large gap between thr slide and the bottom of the sight when it is installed on both my 2011 and Baer. i will let you know how things go.

• 2 weeks later...

I REALLY wanted to support Virgil with the new K-1 rear sight. I liked them so much, I purchased 5 of them. They are on all of my competition guns. Unfortunately, I will have to replace all of them with a different brand rear sight. The back half of the sight is mounted to the front half of the sight with a dovetail that allows for vertical adjustment. This dovetail becomes loose, which allows the back half of the sight to move around. (I'll try and post a short video when I get home from visiting family.)

Virgil's customer service has been excellent. Every one of these sights has gone back for repair at least once, some more than once. Every time Virgil repairs the problem and returns the sight (Once he paid overnight shipping because I needed the sight back ASAP.) As great as that service is, it doesn't make sense to have to send the sight back every few months. Whatever he does, the repair is temporary.

I hope Tripp gets the bugs worked out, but in the mean time I will be purchasing something else.

Edited by sperman

Sorry to hear. Have you looked into the rear-sight by SVI? I think it's called Absolute Target Zero sight. I wonder whether it will fit the bomar-cut, same as the Tripp.

I REALLY wanted to support Virgil with the new K-1 front sight. I liked them so much, I purchased 5 of them. They are on all of my competition guns. Unfortunately, I will have to replace all of them with a different brand rear sight. The back half of the sight is mounted to the front half of the sight with a dovetail that allows for vertical adjustment. This dovetail becomes loose, which allows the back half of the sight to move around. (I'll try and post a short video when I get home from visiting family.)

Virgil's customer service has been excellent. Every one of these sights has gone back for repair at least once, some more than once. Every time Virgil repairs the problem and returns the sight (Once he paid overnight shipping because I needed the sight back ASAP.) As great as that service is, it doesn't make sense to have to send the sight back every few months. Whatever he does, the repair is temporary.

I hope Tripp gets the bugs worked out, but in the mean time I will be purchasing something else.

I wonder whether it will fit the bomar-cut, same as the Tripp.

It will - just be sure to tell Brandon it's to replace a Bomar when you order it, as there are two heights. SVI has one with Bomar compatible dimensions, and one that sits a bit lower (not sure if it's a different dovetail, or just a lower blade) for use in their new guns.