Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research Adjustable Rear Sight...

Seth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very cool. I just checked out the new website. I'm glad to see he is putting a little effort into it. Like you, I love my Tripp Guns. I can't wait to own another piece of STI/USPSA history, when I have my very own Benny Hill Open gun :cheers:

Heck, they're even on wickopedia.com :goof:

Edited by rangertrace

There aren't enough good things to say about the gun Virgil and Colby built. After 10k plus rounds, its still tight as a bank vault and will feed from untuned mags stored in a sand box.

I had talked to him about this rear sight when he was building my gun last year and they were still a ways off... seems we're a lot closer. I like the profile, and if it eliminates the pivot pin, then its a winner!

• 4 months later...

So I am the president of the Tripp Research fan club and I had to have this sight. I sent my slide to Virgil and just plain begged. Well he got first production pieces recently and I just received the slide.

THIS IS BRILLIANT. Falls into the 'why didn't I think of that category'. Simply, the sight is 3 major pieces. The base, body and blade.

The base attaches to the standard bomar cut. The body moves vertically on a dovetail attached to the base for elevation The sight blade windage is dovetailed into that body. Zero slop, no pins to fail, no springs. This AIN'T a bomar knockoff. Its a reinvention.

The best part is that the blade can be unscrewed off the dovetail and replaced. The base is also contoured to match the slide, so its REALLY low profile. I'll get pictures tonite, but I have a distinct feeling this is going to be the new standard.

I sighted in last night. Super easy to adjust with one allen wrench. The sight picture is, of course, typical serrated rectangle with round corners and I had it cut to a .125" notch.

The elevation adjustment is VASTLY superior to the Champion. No stupid screwdriver and turns easily with a good detent. The windage adjusts exactly the same as the elevation with a allen screw and nice detents.

Since its not on a spring, the sight height doesn't change with a bump. The materials seem of excellent quality and the workmanship is top shelf.

He's got a winner in my eyes. Bravo!

Dear Mr. President of the Tripp Research Fan Club,

Please convince Mr. Tripp to make something like that for the Novak cut.

Thank you.

He Who Hates The Sights Available for the Novak Cut

it should be very good but it does not have the "sexy" factor of the bomars :)

And what could be sexier than a pin that drifts out every 50 rounds or so?

How about a height adjustment screw that shoots into space along with the springs and causes

the sexy sight to dance all over during a stage !! :D

Does anyone know if thats the only choice of blade shape ?

• 4 weeks later...