Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research Adjustable Rear Sight...

Seth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine 11 days ago. His website says he normally ships next day. I am impatiently hoping it turns up soon. Is it normal to take this long? Am I expecting too much? :unsure:

My buddy has one ordered also and was tols they were waiting on parts. I guesss with Christmas the all deliveries are a little slow.

Edited by TCKev

Just ordered one with a .125" notch :cheers:

Why so wide? What front sight will you run?

More importantly where are you going to put that on an Open gun??? LOL One of the things that are cool about this sight is you can order just the rear blade if you want a different with. (As I understand things)

Just ordered one with a .125" notch :cheers:

Why so wide? What front sight will you run?

I don't think it's that wide, and Seth had at least one of his two cut .125" as well. I run a .090" front on my Limited and SS guns right now with .115" rears, and I want a little more light on each side. On my M&P I'm running a .100" front with a Warren Tactical rear that has a big notch (like .140 or so...going off memory), and I haven't had any problems with accuracy, so I figure this might be "just right". R,

More importantly where are you going to put that on an Open gun??? LOL One of the things that are cool about this sight is you can order just the rear blade if you want a different with. (As I understand things)

Hah, I've shot 3 SS matches in the last three weeks, I'll have you know....didn't expect that one did ya? :D

All our shooting now is indoors, so I'm doing something a little different this Winter. Open guns are just silly loud indoors, and I'm making sure I've got my setup 100% ready for the SS Nats...sort of a nice fit. The Tripp rear sight will go on my primary gun, and I may eventually get a couple more for the backup and Limited guns as well. R,

Yeah.. I hand cut a bomar til I liked the notch to blade ratio on my 5" gun. With a .110" thick front blade, I liked the .125" notch rear. Virgil cut one of the blades at .125 for me and will still custom notch if you ask him.

Since then I've gone to a .90" front/ .115" notch on the 6" gun and a .80" front and .115" notch on the 5" gun. I had a long chat with Manny about sights at Area 8 and have been trying his aim small/ miss small philosophy. Todd is also running a .90/.115 on his 6".

I have never liked the small rear notch on Bomar type sights, and have always filed the notch larger. My current sights are a .110 front with about a .135 rear notch, and I really like it. The Tripp sights would be a great option, to help me keep a file away from my guns.

Heck, the Sevigny sights are .115 front with a .150 rear notch, and they are plenty accurate for me. I think it's just personal preference (and how good your eyesight is).

Edited by RAZZ

Hello: I like the 0.115" rear sight with a 0.090" wide front on the 6". Funny on the 5" I like a 0.100" wide front. You can also open up the rear sight if you can just get the rear blade. Caspian make a 0.070" wide front sight. I can't wait till my Tripp rear sights get here. Thanks, Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Hello: Anyone get there's yet? I ordered 2 back on Dec 20th and have not heard or seen them yet. Just wondering. Thanks, Eric

Got mine on Wed last week....zerod it yesterday. The notch is a bit under .125", but I like it, so I'm not going to ask for a replacement (which I know Virgil would offer). R,

Hello: I received the 2 I ordered today. It looks like a winner :cheers: I will be using them on all of my future builds. Good job Mr. Tripp on another great product :cheers: Here is a pic of the rear sight on my IDPA project pistol. I have to build the recoil system for it next. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-074382100 1294719108_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Received mine yesterday as well...very solid and well built.

Aircooled6racer: how tall is the front sight on that rig. It looks to me like the front sight I have probably won't be tall enough. Dawson recomended a .160" tall, but it is looking really short on the gun. Its a 5" Edge type platform for reference.

Hello: If you have a factory pistol you can use the 0.160" tall front sight. The sight in the pic is a Caspian 0.180" tall and only 0.070" wide with a 0.040" fiber insert. If you have a custom cut slide then the 0.180" tall may work better. The lower the rear sight can be and still work the better at least for the Bo-Mar type rear sights. This Tripp it should not matter since it is built better :cheers: I just installed the other one on my 6" limited pistol that is tri-topped. It looks great. Now I have to sight it in. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

How many rounds have you guys put down range since you've had the Tripp sights installed?

Anyone have any issues yet?

Anyone have any idea what the average life expectancy is for the parts that commonly fail in the traditional Bomar type sights?