Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research Adjustable Rear Sight...

Seth

Hey guys i have a quick question...

(don't worry i won't ask if it feats the kimbers slide :P)

is there any difference in the height of the rear blade vs the original bomar design, it's seems a bit taller from the pics that i've seen here.

did any of you guys have to go with a taller front sight? thanks fellows!

cheers,

Los.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virgil has a couple of rear sight blade options made up. The goal is to keep the sight LOW. Talk with them about it before ordering.

dough! i put my order in already :(

so do this sights still have the long wait time before delivery? maybe i can give him a call before he ships it?

• 3 weeks later...

I see a major drawback in this design for people like us having to deal with IPSC box.

From what I understand, there are no springs inside the sight. So, once you got the right elevation settled, it stays up all time, right ?

When putting the pistol in the box under IPSC rules, we always depress the rear sight to fit.

The sight is quite rigid. It might be that at its highest elevation and with a magazine that has a base pad that is too long, the pistol could be too tall to fit the box.

Thats what sandpaper is for.

Got mine last week. I had to get a taller front FO sight. It is a very nice addition on my Baer.

I am putting one on my Baer. How was the fit? Did it drop in or did you have to do some fitting?

I got mine and installed it on my STI limited gun. It shot high even with the sight adjusted all the way down. :( Called Virgil, he said send it back, he would install a lower sight blade! Got it yesterday and re-installed it. What a stand-up guy! Saved me from having to buy a higher front sight. I really like this sight.

I got mine and installed it on my STI limited gun. It shot high even with the sight adjusted all the way down. :( Called Virgil, he said send it back, he would install a lower sight blade! Got it yesterday and re-installed it. What a stand-up guy! Saved me from having to buy a higher front sight. I really like this sight.

I had the same problem, talked to virgil and he told me the same thing. What a great guy do deal with. Tripp sights rock :cheers:

Just called and ordered one, the nice lady on the phone (Shari Tripp, maybe?) said they had been waiting on a part for a long time but that they were catching up and my order ought to ship in about 10 days. I don't exactly need it soon, but since other people had mentioned waiting I thought I'd throw that out there.

Received my sight today. Looked it over closely and it looks very nice.

I do not plan on mounting it just yet as I have the state IDPA match this weekend and I do not have time to adjust a new sight before the weekend

and I just don' think it would be smart to change anything major this close to a big match.

I will put it on next week.

One thing I noticed is that the sight does not want to adjust up more than a few clicks. I think it may just

feel like that because it is not mounted to the slide yet but it does seem like it is stuck.

Anyone else experience this feeling before mounting the sight?

Just wanted to note that I installed the sight on the gun yesterday when I got home from the Golden State Classic. Looks awesome and works perfectly. I have it on a Les Baer PMII. Zeroed perfectly at 20 yards with the sight elevation screwed all the way down.

I do not plan on mounting it just yet as I have the state IDPA match this weekend and I do not have time to adjust a new sight before the weekend

and I just don' think it would be smart to change anything major this close to a big match.

One thing I noticed is that the sight does not want to adjust up more than a few clicks. I think it may just

feel like that because it is not mounted to the slide yet but it does seem like it is stuck.

When I received mine it was the same way. I believe they ship adjusted almost all the way up. I had to bring mine down quite a bit.

When I received mine it was the same way. I believe they ship adjusted almost all the way up. I had to bring mine down quite a bit.

The very early/prototype models came with a note to call Virgil before installation,and the call was for him to tell you to adjust it all the way up. I guess they figured it would be be easier to just adjust them that way from the factory instead of having Virgil take 500 phone calls!

BB

The very early/prototype models came with a note to call Virgil before installation,and the call was for him to tell you to adjust it all the way up. I guess they figured it would be be easier to just adjust them that way from the factory instead of having Virgil take 500 phone calls!

BB

You think?! lol. :roflol: Glad they figured that one out.