Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Countdown to College Football, 2009!

Jack Suber

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my Vols ran into the best team in the nation that no one is talking about. (Not necesarily the best team just the one that no one is talking about). I was very impressed with Auburn and they look really strong. Stronger than I expected. The Vols have some serious work to do in the next year or two and they need a real QB.

Not a good day for the "boys" in orange (vols and taters).....tooooo baddddd :devil:

Banks

Yep. Taters and the Vols melted down. I think the Vols need to dump Lame Kitten. I like Dabo Swinney - I think he is a good guy and at least he is not whiney like Tammy Bowdown. I am glad the Taters are getting a reality check...I was getting tired of hearing their ACC Champion/Heisman expectations. I also am sick of CJ Spiller. I guess he learned about guarantying wins.... :wacko:

I have to admit, I am glad Georgia went down though I thought the celebration call against AJ Green was BS. A Gamecock RB got called last night for flexing his muscles after a TD, yet on the previous series our opponents had a pile-on in the same end-zone and didn;t get the call.

Gamecocks played a lot of freshment last night and they looked good. Our back-up QB came out and looked outstanding. He connected with our big freshman receiver for a 29 yd TD after a strong drive. For Spurrier to say "he is ready to play if Garcia gets hurt", that is a great compliment. We lost another LB and our safety. Our safety Akeem Aguste has been suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules. We need him and I know Bama will exploit his absence in two weeks. We have to deal with Kentucky, first next weekend. Another funny Spurrier-ism....Our linebacker (Eric Norwood) made another INT tonight and tried to run it back...He ran all over the place....Of the INT, Spurrier said, "Yep. Eric got another interception....He ran 20 yards to pick up two after the catch....Now you know why he plays defense...." :roflol:

What really got me worked up this weekend is that the Carolina (Gamecocks - the real Carolina) game was supposed to be on ESPN Classic last night. I check it yesterday morning and DirectTV has changed my programming (without warning) since last weekend. I am pissed. The lady ont he phone says, "we gave you ESPNU instead." I gave up tickets so I could watch it at home. So, I decided to hook up my TV to my computer so I can watch it on ESPN360. ESPN experienced a power-outage most of the 1st half!!! I was going nutts!!! :angry2::angry2:

I am ditching DirectTV this week. Their service has gone downhill the last two years...

Give a Tater a fish and he'll eat for a day....Teach a Tater to fish and he'll put a hole in his boat.....

Edited by Jack Suber

The SEC is looking good in the top 25!

I agree. I think it's funny when people say the SEC is down yet 3 of the top 4 teams in the country are SEC teams and the SEC has only 2 teams (I believe) that don't have a winning record or a .500 record and of those 2-3 teams the majority of their losses are from RANKED SEC teams.

Edited by jasmap

The SEC is looking good in the top 25!

I agree. I think it's funny when people say the SEC is down yet 3 of the top 4 teams in the country are SEC teams and the SEC has only 2 teams (I believe) that don't have a winning record or a .500 record and of those 2-3 teams the majority of their losses are from RANKED SEC teams.

Jasmap, obviously the people who say the SEC is down have no analytical skills...the polls say it all. It will be interesting to see what the polls look like at the end of the season....

I just saw the poll and discovered that USC got number 25....not sure how long that is going to last....the end of our season is murder (we call it Orange Crush - Tennessee, Fla, and Clemson). We play those teams after we play Bama and Arkansas. I just hope we can give Bama a good game. We have to play Bama at Tuscaloosa and Arkansas in Arkansas (they don't look bad at all). I worry about Tennessee because it is in Knoxville. Fla, not much I can say there other than they come to us this year (thank God). I think we'll take Clemson handilly this year (if we do not suffer more injuries) because they are in meltdown mode. They are already calling for their coach to be fired. One guy posted on their fan forums that all IPTAY members should quit giving to their academic fund until the school focuses on that which is important - football. I am not making this up.

I agree Jack. I saw that the Gamecocks were ranked. Good for them. They've got the wins to have earned it. The polls will be mixed up at the end of the year because the SEC always beats up on itself, like next week UF vs. LSU. Then the SEC title game may make or break a team for the National Title game. The last 3 National Champs are from the SEC and 5 of the last 11 years (or 6 of the last 13) the SEC has a National Championship winner. No other conference even comes close to that within at leats the last 40 years.

Man either Georgia sucks or UT played the best game they've had in a few years. South Carolina eeked one out, Florida stays undefeated against the Tigers, and Bama rolled. It sucks that LSU has to drop in the rankings but they can rebound and the hated Gators are still #1 and Bama #3. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bama move to #2 with that win over Ol' Miss.

Tomorrow is a make it or break it day in the SEC. Ole Miss vs Alabama, Florida vs LSU, Ark vs Auburn! Does it get any better?

It was a great day! the Hogs pulled a much needed win!

Auburn is for real so that was a big win for Arkansas.

Well I was guessing but I was right. Bama moved ahead of Texas to the #2 slot.

Bama is solid this year.

The Gators' defense was just shy of perfect against LSU, but Tebow and company need to put the ball in the end zone a bit more often. But I was happy to see Tebow on the field.

Yes it was!!! But as a Boiler the excitement is tainted as usual because a ranked big ten team took a big hit. Typical in the big ten that we play each harder than any other conference.

Purdue played spoiler today, but the party will rage all the same!!!