Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Countdown to College Football, 2009!

Jack Suber

Would you like some cheese with your whine? :sight:

The Gators were involved in another close opening day contest against a IIA team. I went to the game and it was a definite slaughter. Next week is Troy and then the season really starts the following week.

Only a Fla fan would call their outting Saturday a "contest". So, who is the first "real" team that you play after Troy?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout them VOLS!!!!

The Vols did well yesterday....I forgot, which high school did they play??? :roflol:

I'd go out on a limb and say Western Kentucky and NC State ain't too far apart in talent. Let's see....a 63-7 WIN over Western Kentucky or a near loss to NC State.....I choose the whoopin we put on W.K. :cheers:

Seriously though, I am looking forward to UT vs South Carolina. I am just glad it's in Knoxville and not in Columbia. Tennessee won big but in my opinion they are still untested so we don't know where they really stand.

How bout them VOLS!!!!

The Vols did well yesterday....I forgot, which high school did they play??? :roflol:

I'd go out on a limb and say Western Kentucky and NC State ain't too far apart in talent. Let's see....a 63-7 WIN over Western Kentucky or a near loss to NC State.....I choose the whoopin we put on W.K. :cheers:

Seriously though, I am looking forward to UT vs South Carolina. I am just glad it's in Knoxville and not in Columbia. Tennessee won big but in my opinion they are still untested so we don't know where they really stand.

hey hey hey..........

i gotta think NC state is a little bit better than WKU.

Maybe not much unfortunatly...... :surprise:

How bout them VOLS!!!!

hey hey hey..........

i gotta think NC state is a little bit better than WKU.

Maybe not much unfortunatly...... :surprise:

Oh I agree. NC State is better than Western Kentucky most likely. I'm just ribbing Jack like he ribs me. It's all in good SEC fun. He's good people even though he's a Gamecock. :cheers:

The Gators were involved in another close opening day contest against a IIA team. I went to the game and it was a definite slaughter. Next week is Troy and then the season really starts the following week.

Only a Fla fan would call their outting Saturday a "contest". So, who is the first "real" team that you play after Troy?

The Gators will have the honor of hosting the despised Tennessee Volunteers at home in the Swamp as their third victim of the season. This is always one of the best games of the year.

The Gators will have the honor of hosting the despised Tennessee Volunteers at home in the Swamp as their third victim of the season. This is always one of the best games of the year.

I am a Vol through and through but I am also a realist. The Vols have no chance unless the Gators don't show.

The FSU/Miami game was quite a shootout last night. Good game. I am laughing now because I came into work and the Taters (Clemson fans) were saying that FSU and Miami "might" have talent equivalent to theirs. :roflol: I wonder if they will think the same way after they get spanked by Georgia Tech this weekend.

Jasmap, I too have written the Fla/USC game off unless something happens to Fla. I wonder if they would be as strong if something were to happen to Tebow. Last year, there were clearly games that he carried the team. Could they stay on top without his leadership? I hope Tennessee can stay healthy where they can at least give Fla a run for the money. Shouldn't be hard for Fla since they play another high-school this weekend.

As for South Carolina/Georgia - Early spread was 7 points for Georgia and I understand they are saying the spread has dropped to 4.5. Not sure how to read this one as it hard to measure Georgia's performance Saturday. They looked flat. Apparently, Mark Richt said yesterday that he is really worried about the speed of our defense. I'll give him that. But our offense was flat Thursday. The coaches (Spurrier) said they were too conservative against N.C. DUH! garcia looked better but he still had happy feet. Spurrier said there were several big plays that could have materialized had Garcia stayed in the pocket a little longer. The pundits here are saying that Georgia's loss of Sturdivant will help us. I don't know if I buy that because Georgia is notorious for its depth at those positions. Traditionally, this has always been a low scoring game decided by a few points. The other advantage for Georgia is that the game will be "between the hedges"...Guess we'll see.

Take heart Jack. The Cocks are playing the dogs close in the first half. Same thing for the Dawgs and Tigers on the Plains. Looking good so far.

Well, it looks like we have an offense developing....but what the hell happened to our D :wacko::angry2: This is driving me nuts!!

I don't watch football, which is a shame since the best team in the country is just up the road in Columbus, Ohio.

Kevin - So out of curiosity, who are you talking about (now before you answer, you might want to look at Saturday's results).

As for the Vols fans...I was cheering for you and can't believe you let the (fill in really bad explative) UCLA Bruins, that I'm pretty sure hate everything about the US (it's what I heard...on the internet), come in to your house and beat you?

Rich

Well...I suppose y'all would be tough beating up on Troy University. At least Susan's school whooped on Jack's school. :D

Rich

Rich,

Did you watch the Carolina/Georgia game? I wouldn't call that a "Whooping." It went down to the last few seconds. The game lasted almost 4 hours. Probably one of the best games I have seen in a while. A loss is a loss though... :angry2::angry2:

Let me check the first page of the thread for the schedule. ;)

Rich

ETA: Yep. Watching the Oregon State game. Should be good and the little guy will be back to terrorize our defense. Note though that they did lose last year and we were the conference champions again. So...anything is possible.

Edited by uscbigdawg

this reminds me............... One of my friends uncles is the head coach for ISU (Iowa state) and he is always talking about how good they are. I didnt think he was lying after the first game, but the second game vs Iowa...........Lets just say the score was 35-3 at the end and my friend wasnt happy the next day. I dont really care because I am a Texas Tech fan.

Go TTU!