Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Countdown to College Football, 2009!

Jack Suber

Practice has started.. :rolleyes: ...Gamecocks take on N.C. State in 28 days. From what I hear, the Gamecocks are looking good....

From 2009 Websters Collegiate Dictionary:

Gamecock-\gam-kak\ N 1. Ass-kickin' chicken....

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jack Suber

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always.......GO VOLS!!!

I can't wait to see some headknocking SEC football.

I don't really see anyone that will be able to play with Florida this year. They have Tebow and ALL eleven starters returning on defense. If you know SEC football then you know that as a grad of UT that I am NOT a Florida fan but I am an SEC fan........but Florida is the reigning National Champs.

Edited by jasmap

Practice has started.. :rolleyes: ...Gamecocks take on N.C. State in 28 days. From what I hear, the Gamecocks are looking good....

From Webster's Dictionary

Masochist - mas·och·ist \-kist\ noun

1. One who finds pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering

2. Any South Carolina Gamecock fan; worshipers of washed up ex-University of Florida coaches

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Go Gators!!

Edited by XD Niner

09-footbl-sched-wp.jpg

ETA: #5 in the Preseason poll after losing over half the starters....I'll take it.

Actually, the USC is projected to finish 4th in the SEC this year...Rough schedule...but thanks for the well wishes...

As always.......GO VOLS!!!

I can't wait to see some headknocking SEC football.

I don't really see anyone that will be able to play with Florida this year. They have Tebow and ALL eleven starters returning on defense. If you know SEC football then you know that as a grad of UT that I am NOT a Florida fan but I am an SEC fan........but Florida is the reigning National Champs.

There still is more time for more of their starters to get arrested.....I think the count is 24 since Urban Meyer has been there..... <_<

From Webster's Dictionary

Masochist - mas·och·ist \-kist\ noun

1. One who finds pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering

2. Any South Carolina Gamecock fan; worshipers of washed up ex-University of Florida coaches

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Go Gators!!

Be prepared for the dawn of a new era.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

De-Nile is not just a river in Africa Jack. ;)

Rich

I know that.....I read recently where that is a condition related to fans of schools who do not play in the SEC... :roflol::roflol:

My honest prediction this year for the Gamecocks, given our schedule: 7-5. Here is our schedule:

Sept. 3 at N.C. State 7 p.m. ESPN -- WIN

Sept. 12 at Georgia 7 p.m. ESPN2 -- Toss up

Sept. 19 FLA ATLANTIC 7 p.m. PPV -- Win

Sept. 24 OLE MISS 7:30 p.m. ESPN -- Loss

Oct. 3 S.C. STATE TBA TBA -- Win

Oct. 10 KENTUCKY TBA TBA -- Win

Oct. 17 at Alabama TBA TBA -- Loss

Oct. 24 VANDERBILT TBA TBA -- Toss up

Oct. 31 at Tennessee TBA TBA -- Win

Nov. 7 at Arkansas TBA TBA -- Win

Nov. 14 FLORIDA TBA TBA -- Loss

Nov. 28 CLEMSON TBA TBA -- Toss up

Everything will hinge on the first two games. I think we will beat NC State and Georgia is going to be a toss up (depending on whether or not the officials side with Georgia as they have the last few years). Pundits are saying we will win the Ole Miss game because it is here. I just don't see that unless USC starts strong - I think Ole Miss is the sleeper. I am writing Alabama off as a loss (unless they can't find a quarterback) as well as Fla (unless more of the Fla fellons get caught). Vanderbilt is always a toss up...they give everyone fits...but I think USC will win that one. I don't think Tennessee can win this year against us. No quarterback will hurt them and I don't think Lame Kitten will do it for them (I predict Tenn will be under NCAA sanctions within 2 years). Clemson is hard to say...it depends on how bad we are beat up; how bad they are beat up; and whether or not they can find a QB.

Again, the key for the Gamecocks will be the first two games and whether or not we will have a running game. We have had the backs but no O-line. Spurrier fired John Hunt last year and it looks like our new O-Line coach might know his stuff. We have some pretty good guys but lack depth - Spurrier is redshirting some O-Linemen this year. Hopefully we will not need them.

Edited by Jack Suber

Jack - Careful now....Florida is my first choice for school in 2011. :D

Rich

Rich,

At least it is an SEC school and that of the National Champions...so there is hope for you yet. :roflol: Soon you will see the light and turn towards the Gamecocks.... :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Jack - Careful now....Florida is my first choice for school in 2011. :D

Rich

Rich,

At least it is an SEC school and that of the National Champions...so there is hope for you yet. :roflol: Soon you will see the light and turn towards the Gamecocks.... :rolleyes:

I doubt it brotha. USC, Florida....I tend to like winning teams. However, I'll check right now if South Carolina has a PA program.

Rich

I hope you guys do good this year, even though you're doing it with our old worn out coach! :roflol:

I don't watch football, which is a shame since the best team in the country is just up the road in Columbus, Ohio.

:roflol: Since when? Our other rejected coach beat y'all last year! :roflol:

Not to mention that OSU almost got beat by NAVY on Saturday. NAVY! :roflol:

Edited by GrumpyOne

I hope you guys do good this year, even though you're doing it with our old worn out coach! :roflol:

I think we will be doing good to end up 7-5. Our schedule is murder this year and we lost a key linebacker against NC State. Our play calling was too conservative Thursday (Steve Spurrier Jr) and our kicker sucks. Here is our schedule and my prediction:

Sept 12 @ Georgia (can go either way...neither looked impressive in their first games...of course, the officials seem to help Georgia every year so it leans their way)

Sept 19 Fla Atlantic (Gamecock win)

Sept 24 Ole Miss (Gamecock loss)

Oct 3 S.C. State (Gamecock win)

Oct 10 Kentucky (Gamecock win)

Oct 17 @ Alabama (Gamecock loss)

Oct 24 Vandy (can go either way. I think Gamecocks will win this one. Vandy can give you fits, though)

Oct 31 @ Tennessee (Gamecock win)

Nov 7 @ Arkansas (Can go either way)

Nov 14 Florida (duh. Gamecock Loss)

Nov 28 Clemson (Gamecock win).

This is subject to change as the year progresses.

Edited by Jack Suber

Would you like some cheese with your whine? :sight:

The Gators were involved in another close opening day contest against a IIA team. I went to the game and it was a definite slaughter. Next week is Troy and then the season really starts the following week.