Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Countdown to College Football, 2009!

Jack Suber

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I could gather by watching GAMETRACKER on cbsportsline was that Tennessee played well. Tebow had 2 turnovers, which is out of the norm.

Hats off to UT

You're right Z. UT played them as well as they could. They just didn't have enough gas in the tank or enough talent to keep up with UF though. It wasn't a blowout and you could see how hard both teams were working. I never enjoy a game where UT loses but I really appreciated this one.

If that boy cares that much about football, he should have picked a better team to cheer for.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I bet the guy ends up on a late night TV show....

Conisdering the rest of Clemson's schedule, that boy might need a new hat by the end of the season.... :wacko::wacko:

Here is a comment on AOL's website, titled "Cry of the Tiger":

Emotional rollercoaster, thy name is college football.

If you root for any team, we've all been this guy -- hopeless, dejected, wearing our lucky hat and flip-flops in an opponent's stadium and wondering why we even bothered going to the game. Why the entire world is allied against your team, the inglorious self-obsession of fan defeat. But usually our shame is private, our self-defeat shared only within our circle of fan-friends.

Unless, that is, the ESPN cameras pick you and your buddy out of an entire stadium and make you a national punchline. First, Craig James, Jesse Palmer, and Chris Fowler ridicule you off-air for your reactions (the first part of this video was taken from the ESPN feed and not broadcast). They even break out the telestrator and circle you for television debasement. Then they top this off by taking shots at your hat, your posture, your pained expression. All with the ultimate goal of setting up their jokes so that when they return to the broadcast, your misery, your agony, your self-defeat will be all the more pungent.

Yep, Clemson fans can't even be allowed to wallow in their own misery anymore. Somewhere Tommy Bowden is counting his millions and chuckling

Edited by Jack Suber

Bookies are only giving Ole Miss 3 points on USC tomorrow night. <_< 3 points to the number 4 team against an unranked team. Not sure I am buying those odds. USC's defense is depleted. We are down to our last D-Lineman. Our linebackers have been depleted and for the most part are undersized (except for Eric Norwood). Georgia and FAU exploited this weakness by exploiting the run up the middle. That is all Ole Miss will have to do. Run the ball successfully and we have bring our young DBs up and then Jevon Snead will burn us with his arm... :mellow: If we lose one more D-Linemine, Ellis Johnson will start pulling bodies from offense.

I think our offense will put some points up but I am seriously worried about our D. At least the game is here and we tend to play well on Thursday night.

Bookies are only giving Ole Miss 3 points on USC tomorrow night. <_< 3 points to the number 4 team against an unranked team. Not sure I am buying those odds. USC's defense is depleted. We are down to our last D-Lineman. Our linebackers have been depleted and for the most part are undersized (except for Eric Norwood). Georgia and FAU exploited this weakness by exploiting the run up the middle. That is all Ole Miss will have to do. Run the ball successfully and we have bring our young DBs up and then Jevon Snead will burn us with his arm... :mellow: If we lose one more D-Linemine, Ellis Johnson will start pulling bodies from offense.

I think our offense will put some points up but I am seriously worried about our D. At least the game is here and we tend to play well on Thursday night.

Does that make sense? To give the Number 4 team only 3 points over an unranked opponent? Maybe the odds makers don't think Ole Miss is that good. At least ya'll play them at home. Good luck!

Does that make sense? To give the Number 4 team only 3 points over an unranked opponent? Maybe the odds makers don't think Ole Miss is that good. At least ya'll play them at home. Good luck!

I know, it doesn't make sense. Perhaps the odds makers think that USC is better than we are given credit?? :goof: I guess we'll see. Houston Nutt is a good coach. He knows how to use his talent...

Surprised none of my Ole' Miss friends have not chimed in???? :blink:

Bookies are only giving Ole Miss 3 points on USC tomorrow night. <_< 3 points to the number 4 team against an unranked team. Not sure I am buying those odds.

They probably thought that Ole Miss was playing the real USC. :roflol::roflol:

They are playing the REAL USC....founded in 1801.....

Bookies are only giving Ole Miss 3 points on USC tomorrow night. <_< 3 points to the number 4 team against an unranked team. Not sure I am buying those odds.

1801? I thought that was when your coach was born. :rolleyes:

Edited by XD Niner

1801? I thought that was when your coach was born. :rolleyes:

OUCH! Remember, he was OUR coach at one time, too.

I know, it doesn't make sense. Perhaps the odds makers think that USC is better than we are given credit?? :goof: I guess we'll see. Houston Nutt is a good coach. He knows how to use his talent...

OK, Jack tonight is the night. The Vegas line shows the Rebels by 4, which is not much considering their ranking, but a lot of that has to be their play against SE La. last week. Special teams stunk up the stadium! Our defence is solid, and hopefully Hardy will be back playing tonight to put pressure on Garcia and force the Gamecocks into running the ball. Offence is coming together better each week, but this will be their real test. If we don't win tonight, we will fall farther and faster than the prophylactics from southern Kalifornia.

Good Luck, and may the best team win! :cheers:

Jack

PLEASE no bets about wearing Ole Miss clothing to matches!!!

Don't worry Z, I could not take the risk of losing and having to wear that nasty maroon and white. Folks around here might think I was a MS State fan. However, if you would like I will see about getting you a duplicate of the shirt I gave Cliff Walsh.

Nationals Champions 30

OLE MISS 31

What size do you wear? :roflol:

Jack

Z,

I would much rather wear an Ole' Miss Shirt than that God aweful Orange thing I have been wearing that represents the A She She :sick::sick: ....We all know that the SEC is where it is at...

OK, Jack tonight is the night. The Vegas line shows the Rebels by 4, which is not much considering their ranking, but a lot of that has to be their play against SE La. last week. Special teams stunk up the stadium! Our defence is solid, and hopefully Hardy will be back playing tonight to put pressure on Garcia and force the Gamecocks into running the ball. Offence is coming together better each week, but this will be their real test. If we don't win tonight, we will fall farther and faster than the prophylactics from southern Kalifornia.

Good Luck, and may the best team win! :cheers:

It should be a good game. I am looking forward to it. Will be leaving the office at 3:00 for a little pre-game tailgating.

We have actually had very good success running the ball the this year (FINALLY!!!). Our O-Line seems to finally be doing their job. Not sure what your secondary is like, but we now have a balanced attack for the first time that I can remember. Moreover, we are not limited to one receiver. We have a bunch that have showed up - you will see Gurley, Saunders, Barnes, Brown, and our running backs getting catches tonight (which hasn't been the case in years where we only had one or two reliable receivers). I am not sure what your kick-off return teams are like but our coverage teams have sucked. So, if McCluster returns kicks for y'all, you might see some big plays there. I imagine Snead is going to challenge our young secondary early - I would. Akeem Aguste is young, small, and seems to be baited easily. Snead better keep the ball away from Gilmore (though young) and Culliver, all the while looking out for Eric Norwood. I expect Norwood to be in your backfield a couple of times tonight. We also get Ladi Ajiboye back tonight (wish we would have had him at Georgia). He is a beast on the D-Line. :ph34r: Though our linebackers are undersized, they are fast. So, I hope they can adjust to the Wildcat formation quickly and shut it down (easier said than done). Of course, we also have our own variation of that which was debuted Saturday night. First play of the game was a 60 yd run. :devil: Last Saturday, Spurrier called plays that I have never seen him call while at Carolina. When asked about it, he said, "Until this year, I never had guys caple of anything tricky.... :surprise: "

Can't wait.

Jack

Don't worry Z, I could not take the risk of losing and having to wear that nasty maroon and white. Folks around here might think I was a MS State fan. However, if you would like I will see about getting you a duplicate of the shirt I gave Cliff Walsh.

Nationals Champions 30

OLE MISS 31

What size do you wear? :roflol:

Bwana

Tell ya what, I will trade with you, WHICH National Championship T-Shirt would you like, 1996, 2006 or 2008? :roflol:

Yikes. Let's hope the O-line uses that as motivation.

According to Gamecock News sites, its all over the locker room....

It appears that our players are for the most part keeping their mouths shut (I am glad).

One other tidbit - Eric Norwood needs one more sack to break the all-time sack record at South Carolina (he currently has 26). With two more sacks, he enters the top 10 All-time sack #'s for the SEC. David Pollock is #4 with 36. Keep an eye on #40 tonight.... :devil: