What revolver are you running

CRDB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right now I'm shooting a 6.5" 25-2 for USPSA and a 6.5" 27-7 8-shot for steel and ICORE. I just thought it would be fun to mess around with the longer barrels this year and see if the extra sight radius created any improvement.

From left to right

625 45acp mountain gun with a ti cylinder - IDPA ESR

627-4 38 super, ICORE open, USPSA open

627-4 38 super, ICORE limited, USPSA limited10

627-5 38/357, ti cylinder, ICORE limited, USPSA limited 10 and production, that's why it has a full hammer

625 45acp, ti cylinder, USPSA revo div

post-3208-1249357986_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnRodriguez

Right now I'm shooting a 6.5" 25-2 for USPSA and a 6.5" 27-7 8-shot for steel and ICORE. I just thought it would be fun to mess around with the longer barrels this year and see if the extra sight radius created any improvement.

Has the longer barrel length/sight radius made an improvement ?, in a steel match how do you feel about the extra mass on fast transitions ?

for me I can't run anything over 4" without problems starting and stopping the gun.

Just to be different, and because I reload .45 Colt, I use a Ruger Alaskan in IDPA and USPSA competition. It is not one of the mainstream revolvers used in either sport, but I sure have fun using it. :D

And that is the entire reason for shooting. I shoot a L frame ramed and cut for moonclips in 38 super for USPSA. Moonclipped only because I hate not gettng my brass back. In ICORE I use the 8 shot 627 in 38 super with a dot ( only because I am to old to see and they let me) later rdd

So, Mike you seeing any differences?

Either a 5" 625, either with .45 ACP or GAP brass, or a 4" M29 using .44 Russian brass.

I'll use the same for any ICORE I shoot, but it's not very often.

More importantly I need to just start shooting more!

IDPA - SSR outdoor - 4" 67 or 686SSR

SSR indoor 3" 66 (also my CCW preference) or 3" 13

ESR - 4" 625 or 586 (when I need to hurt myself)

ICORE - 5" 686+ or 5" 627

USPSA - 5" 625

Steel - M&P TRR8

Craig

Hi All,

What revolver do you use for IDPA,ICORE or IPSC ?

ICORE : 627-4 .38 Super, 627 V-Comp, 610 6.5"

USPSA : 610 4", 610 6.5", 627 V-Comp w/ .38 Short Colts (Production)

IDPA : 610 4" ESR, 625JM ESR

For both USPSA and Steel, primary gun is a 625 5" with 625 4" in ready reserve for backup. The main use of the 4" gun is as a loaner, to get friends interested in REVO division.

I'm thinking a need an 8 shooter for steel, it seems to be the cat's meow.

Just shot my first IDPA match with a S&W 4" 686. Used to shoot minor revo. on practice night at my old USPSA club but sold the revo. to help finance something else...don't even remember what! Felt strange but enjoyed it. Might get it cut for clips or get a 610 if I can ever find one local (I have a ton of .40 brass also).

Richard

Has the longer barrel length/sight radius made an improvement ?, in a steel match how do you feel about the extra mass on fast transitions ?

I'm not sure I'm getting any major improvement in my shooting, although I think I'm going to drop my powder charge a little after my normal USPSA load chronoed at 179 p.f. from the 6.5" barrel the other day! I think I might be able to benefit from a slightly softer load than I've been shooting for the past few years.

There is no extra mass on these guns. The 25-2 barrel has only a half underlug, so it weighs no more than a 625 with full underlug (they feel about the same, to be honest). The 27-7 has the "skinny" factory barrel on it, which is quite light for its length.

A pair of 610's for USPSA with 6.5" barrels. I just sort of drive them around the range. :roflol: And I don't know any better. :rolleyes:

Those 610s would look really cool if they had fluted cylinders

Steve

A pair of 610's for USPSA with 6.5" barrels. I just sort of drive them around the range. :roflol: And I don't know any better. :rolleyes:

Those 610s would look really cool if they had fluted cylinders

Steve

STOP TERRORIZING ME!!!! You guys are sick. :sick: I may have to come over to MI and beat you with a stick :sight:

Carmonized 5" 625 for USPSA and ICORE when I go shoot my first ICORE match later this month.

Carmonized 4" Model 15 for SSR, although I haven't had a chance to use it since the magic's been worked on it. The one IDPA match I've shot with a revolver was a 3" Model 64.

6" Model 14 for steel. I shoot this gun better than any I've ever had, and the slower reloads aren't a big deal cause if you missed enough to need a reload you're boned anyway.

i mostly make noise and not a threat to anyone that can really shoot. anyway i use or have the following for competition:

625 for USPSA

646 for USPSA and my "main gun" this year

686 SSR for steel, but not shot steel this year. i have used it in a couple of "GSSF Style" matches and done very well with it.

617 for steel and also "GSSF Style" matches.

sold my 610 last year, just didn't like the way it felt. Mike has been inside of all 4 of my competition wheelies.