Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 7-03-2009

D.Hayden

I just enjoy reading the rants.... let's hear them!

What the hell is wrong with you. Why would you want to stir up trouble the day before a holiday. Let's just remember what we are celebrating here - a bunch of guys flaming on other guys....

Oh, never mind...

I hate the fact I turned 29 today :angry2:

One more year and im 30 :angry2:

And no I don't want to hear 'bah wait till you're 40,50,60 etc. Damnit I don't want to turn 30 much less those other ones :angry2:

Enough already, if you hate GLOCKs, don't buy one. Open shooters spend the time and money on an Open gun so they don't have to do mag changes on most stages, so don't try and make them. Classifiers are "stand and shoot" by definition, since it would be almost impossible to perfectly recreate a field course without a ful AutoCAD drawing. Last but not least, there is no one perfect gun...caliber...powder...primer...bullet... or anything- that is why there are choices.

How was that?

I am absolutely sick of coverage of celebrities, masquerading as news. The coverage of Michael Jackson's death is just the last straw in a long and extended media circus that includes Anna Nicole Smith, John & Kate plus Eight, Farrah Fawcett, Britney Spears and various other vapid headliners.

I expect over the top, breathless profiles from the "entertainment" magazines, television shows and websites. I am careful to avoid those. I am talking about 'real' news programs or sites. Sadly, even my old favorite, Fox News, seems to have added a substantial amount of coverage that is simply trivial. I have had to search to get updated news about the Marines in Afghanistan or the progress on 'cap & trade' in the US Congress. I'd like news about pending health care reform that is not pre-packaged sound bites. This is the news that affects my life. Why do I have to hunt to find it?

I now start my television up on "mute," and browse through the channels until I find something that doesn't turn my stomach. Been watching a lot of Food Network lately. :wacko:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

I hate, more than I can possibly say, that the same people we elect to serve us... the same people who chasitised auto execs for flying in on their own corporate jets... have spent millions and millions of OUR dollars on trips around the world for "business". :angry2:

i hate customer service...or lack thereof.

Oh god man British customer service is the WORST :angry2:

I had to call the power company because they overcharged me once, the phone rang 132 times before they answered, I counted em.

No automated directory, no 'the line is busy' crap, just ringing..... forever :angry2:

I have to agree with LChico about the Jocko coverage to the exclusion of truly important news that concerns the very core of our national welfare. Yes, Jackson was a phenom' and successful (up to a point), but for God's sake about 1½ days of coverage would've been more than enough!! But CNN just wouldn't leave it alone!!!!! That's about ALL they aired for days!!! Jeez, Louise. Let go of it, fer' cryin' out loud. :angry2:

When filling out a form online, I HATE :angry2: to use the 'drop down menu' for my state. How hard is it to type, KY, TX, CA, or whatever!

Stay Safe,

A.T.

Yeah, no kidding. What's even worse is when you go to order something online and it asks for your address and you have to search to find U.S.....ah, can't they make that the top choice for U.S.-based companies???? God forbid, make it a default? :angry:

I hate after 4 days with a supposedly experienced person they still can't create a work order or ring up a customer even though directions are at the bottom of the screen. Even worse is forgetting the decimal point when accepting a check creating a 1900 dollar cash shortage at the end of the day.......... :angry2:

I hate that I pulled back on my hours because my family needed to see me. Now I have less work too, and am beginning to feel the pinch of the economy as it starts to chew on my wallet!

I hate that my cardboard targets haven't shown up yet. i'm sure MGM is busy, and all. I just built a load of target stands. With that and the steel, I will be able to set up some cool practice sessions anywhere the desert permits!

OK this is way out of the shooting box...but I hate that GUY HAGI LIES!!!!!!!!!!

He's the main weather guy at KGMB, the Honolulu CBS affiliate...who has taken it upon himself to be the main "Surf Report" guy in local electronic media that's statewide. So today we're supposed to have advisory level surf on the southern shores of ALL islands...I get down to the beach and it's barely a foot or two. If he would qualify his "reports" with !!!O'AHU ONLY!!! I could let it go...but this has happened too often already.

And the pictures!!! I'm sick of seeing shots of all the great lip smashes and barrels and girls on the nose at all those places on !!!O'AHU!!! I want to see six foot bombs coming in at Olowalu Dump. I want to see 1/4 mile rides from Outside Ukumehame halfway across Thousand Peaks. I want the Ma'alaea Freight Train to be SCREAMING across those coral heads.

Oh well, at least I got to get wet. And riding the 6'10" for the first time in two years.

Automated Customer Service. I get an attitude everytime I get connected to one.

I got one the other day and after trying to bypass it with *, #, 0, and the lady always replied, "I'm sorry I didn't understand that". After more key presses I lost it and yelled "I want to talk to F***ing human!!!" The lady replied, "Okay, I see you're having trouble, let me get someone to help you".

I guess you just have to know how to talk to it... :angry2:

Automated Customer Service. I get an attitude everytime I get connected to one.

I got one the other day and after trying to bypass it with *, #, 0, and the lady always replied, "I'm sorry I didn't understand that". After more key presses I lost it and yelled "I want to talk to F***ing human!!!" The lady replied, "Okay, I see you're having trouble, let me get someone to help you".

I guess you just have to know how to talk to it... :angry2:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

i hate customer service...or lack thereof.

Oh god man British customer service is the WORST :angry2:

I had to call the power company because they overcharged me once, the phone rang 132 times before they answered, I counted em.

No automated directory, no 'the line is busy' crap, just ringing..... forever :angry2:

You just outlasted them. They only answered because they couldnt believe that someone would stay on the line that long. :roflol:

I hate that a major credit card company nearly screwed us out a loan we were arranging because their staff stalled and stalled and stalled on fixing a single error on THEIR part from years back, and reported it as a dispute to the rating agencies. I hate that their idiot drones need to hear the story everytime my wife called, over and over and over again, only to say they would pass it on. I hate that it is obvious that they are just trying to make anybody who calls just give up in disgust, but that it still needed to be done. I hate that they admitted finally that they were at fault, but kept say it would take "three to five working days" to get a letter to the credit agencies. I hate that their first two letters did nothing, because they were form letters saying that their computer records showed they were right, even though we had hard evidence that their records were wrong. I hate that it took a month of calling every day and eventually making some not so veiled threats to take the dispute to a mass media public consumer advocate to get anything done.

I hate that the frigging banks got so greedy these past few years loaning to people who had no business bankrupting their families by getting loans they couldn't pay, that when the house of cards folded up they got scared and now wont loan to anybody, including folks with solid gold credit ratings with a single sniveling dispute whose dollar value was only double digits.

I hate that big business way too often screws the little guy. I hate that sometimes I see big government regulation, which I am no fan of, as needed to rein this in.

done

I hate that some guy from Kuala Lumpur spent $1200 on my debit card and I was told by my bank that since it's a commercial account that I may not get the money back, at least not very soon! Where the hell is Kuala Lumpur? :angry2:

Doug

I hate that some guy from Kuala Lumpur spent $1200 on my debit card and I was told by my bank that since it's a commercial account that I may not get the money back, at least not very soon! Where the hell is Kuala Lumpur? :angry2:

Doug

Malaysia, looks like they gotcha :(

I'm sick of fixing brand new stuff.

I bought a wheeled dolly thing to go under the 55 gallon drum in my shop so I could wheel the trash can around to where I needed it. The dolly is purpose built for this exact thing. It didn't work. The casters couldn't rotate 360 degrees as they hit the dolly. No problem, looks like a spacer to give the wheels more room to rotate will fix it right up.....but the threaded rod on the casters are too short to allow this, no scrap bin cure for you. Order new casters (which are a thousand times better/smoother than the OEM crap), get them installed, and finally a mobile trash can.

Does anyone take pride in their work/product anymore!