Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with Single Stack Equiptment Rules

ipscjoe

Got a friend that wants to shoot single stack.....I'm an open guy and didn't have a clue as to what he should buy......

I thought that the DOH was legal but through further looking it says that it is not..

Also suggested he get Safariland 771 magpouches and checked the rule and it sales they must be less than 2 inches from the body.....I don't think that they are but wanted to check with you guys first...

What equiptment should he get...

Thanks a bunch,

Joe

Got a friend that wants to shoot single stack.....I'm an open guy and didn't have a clue as to what he should buy......

I thought that the DOH was legal but through further looking it says that it is not..

Also suggested he get Safariland 771 magpouches and checked the rule and it sales they must be less than 2 inches from the body.....I don't think that they are but wanted to check with you guys first...

What equiptment should he get...

Thanks a bunch,

Joe

The DOH is legal with the drop piece removed. You can add spacers from your local hardware store.

The Comp-tac belt feed and the Bladetech equivalent are legal as well as most others. Lots of variables on mag pouches. Mine are the Uncle Mikes doubles that have been modified (cut down and spaced away from the body).

Email me at deeganet at yahoo dot com if you want pictures.

Regards,

Ed

771's are fine, DOH is not. Unless your friend is female, then the DOH is fine.

I use 2 Uncle Mikes doubles with spacers at the top, and 2 cut down 771's behind

them. Holster is currently a cheap Uncle Mikes---might do and upgrade there.

Tried the Comp-Tac beltfeed, didn't like it---have a used one with VERY little

use that I would part with if anybody is interested!

I've been using Blade-tech equipment for about 5 years now and haven't had an issue, ever. If your friend needs a "cheat sheet," have him check out an equipment list for IDPA equipment (their version of of Single Stack is called Custom Defensive Pistol) as Single Stack rules are pretty close to IDPA CDP rules... and I think their holster and pouch requirements are exactly the same. Most of the holster manufacturers (Safariland, Blade-tech, etc.) have a list of IDPA approved equipment on their websites.

Here is what is in the rulebook -

Holster Restrictions:

• Suitable for everyday use.

“Race gun” type holster

prohibited.

• Must carry handgun so that

the entire front strap (to

the trigger guard) is at or

above the top of the belt.

Female shooters must

carry the handgun no

lower than the heel of

the butt at the top of the

belt.

• May not be manufactured or

cut lower than, and must

cover the slide up to, ½”

below the ejection port

(belt slide “Yaqui” type

holster exempt).

Max. distance of handgun, mags/speed loaders,

spare cartridges, from inner side of belt Handgun and Mags - 2”

Talked to him today, and he's gonna go with the 771's a Safariland BBW inner and outer, and probably either a Blade Tech or Uncle Mikes.....

Thanks guys so much, you helped a lot..

Joe

Been with the Blade tech holster for a while. DOH originally, when the rule changed I simply changed the DOH loop for a TEK LOK.

Ran the 771's for years and they're good- but I'm liking the CR Speed pouches better, and they can be used for other type magazines- both ss and fatties.

CR Speed belt with the new red stripes would be a cool and excellent belt. Mines the old CR belt.

Holster: I've been through Blade-Tech, Mach2, and Comptac. The CompTac wins hands down - 1 piece, proper low cut opening, 3 tension screws really let you dial it in to fit the gun. Only fault is the detents that grab the trigger guard, but nothing a heat gun and a little work can't fix.

Pouches: I've run cheap doubles, Mach2's, CR Speed, and some handmade pouches ala KyTac/CompTac style. While Safariland's seem to get the major of top spot picks, I really like CR Speed pouches, with the Mach2's in a close second (and they are very well priced). Just use the big S_I spacer with a 3/8" thick nut behind it and a longer 6x30mm screw. You can get them closer together, tilt them to your liking, and they place the mags further away from your body.

Holster: I've been through Blade-Tech, Mach2, and Comptac. The CompTac wins hands down - 1 piece, proper low cut opening, 3 tension screws really let you dial it in to fit the gun. Only fault is the detents that grab the trigger guard, but nothing a heat gun and a little work can't fix.

Pouches: I've run cheap doubles, Mach2's, CR Speed, and some handmade pouches ala KyTac/CompTac style. While Safariland's seem to get the major of top spot picks, I really like CR Speed pouches, with the Mach2's in a close second (and they are very well priced). Just use the big S_I spacer with a 3/8" thick nut behind it and a longer 6x30mm screw. You can get them closer together, tilt them to your liking, and they place the mags further away from your body.

I agree that the Comp-Tac is way nicer than the Blade-tech. If I didn't already have the Blade-Tech, I'd buy the Comp-tac (and I did for my production gun).

Anyone try the SideArmor Belt Holster for SS? I am in the market and am looking into Comp-Tac and Side Armor.

Opinions?

Thank you.

Can't go wrong with Comp-Tac. Their quality is excellent!

My CR Speed pouches that I use for Limited work fine for SS with the spacers put in them. They also work for Production with the M&P mags if you just tighten them down as far as you can. Very good mag pouches for all divisions.

My CR Speed pouches that I use for Limited work fine for SS with the spacers put in them. They also work for Production with the M&P mags if you just tighten them down as far as you can. Very good mag pouches for all divisions.

what's the set up spacers for 1911 mags?? have looked at the combos..and not getting one to work..thanks

That is the setup I have been using for SS for the past 3 years and it works great..

Trini

Talked to him today, and he's gonna go with the 771's a Safariland BBW inner and outer, and probably either a Blade Tech or Uncle Mikes.....

Thanks guys so much, you helped a lot..

Joe

+1= a great shooting value!