Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USCBigdawg (and the Mrs.) Are Moving! (Poll Added)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Nice catch Bobby, but you should have done it while Susan was on the couch typing it. Yep...got to have the, "great...so they only want you...fine then...go...see if I care?" discussion.

Not really. :D

I'm pretty sold (edited from we're) on being a Gator. That said, I'm still going to apply to a bunch of places, and Mercer (Savannah, GA) still being on the list.

Rich

The University of Florida is a great school, particularly its medical college. Even better, there is a great outdoor range about 15 minutes from campus where you can practice your drawing, running and gunning nearly every day of the year. There is one nearby monthly match and pretty much one every weekend if you don't mind a 90 minute to 2 hour 15 minute drive.

And Bobby's favorite thing...a 50 BMG legal range in the city limits of Gainesville!

Rich

Unfortunately the rifle bay is only 100 yards long and we don't have any armored vehicles on it. :rolleyes: However, you can shoot just about anything you own short of artillery.

follow J1B to Western Pennsylvania.

Plenty of PA programs here. Hired two from local schools. Who is to say I may not get a chance to interview and hire you in a few years!

8 USPSA clubs here. You could shoot darn near every Saturday and Sunday!

Edited by vluc

I lived in AZ for 22 years. Great place to live, but the heat takes a little getting used to. Tons of places to shoot and lots of firearms related businesses. I moved to CO 2 years ago and love it here. Lots of outdoor life, sports is a religion here, and there are some great places to shoot (although it takes a little looking for).

I would recommend either AZ or CO.

Good luck in your choices or endeavors. Let me know if you want any information on homes in the Denver/Surrounding area as I am a real estate broker here.

It's a good life,

Jason

Vince - Now that's just mean dangling that carrot in front of me of a job. :D

Jack - I would be happy there. Simple and easy in Columbia. Stef's not so keen on the idea. But hey...if I go to Florida, we'll invite you and Spurrier down to Gainesville to look at what a BCS trophy looks like.

Rich

Jack - I would be happy there. Simple and easy in Columbia. Stef's not so keen on the idea. But hey...if I go to Florida, we'll invite you and Spurrier down to Gainesville to look at what a BCS trophy looks like.

Rich

Rich,

I am pretty sure that Spurrier knows what a BCS Trophy looks like....I think he got U of F their first one... :sight: I have seen the trophy on TV.

BTW, U of F comes to Columbia in November..... :devil:...You never know what will happen.... :devil:

Rich

Rich,

I am pretty sure that Spurrier knows what a BCS Trophy looks like....I think he got U of F their first one... :sight: I have seen the trophy on TV.

BTW, U of F comes to Columbia in November..... :devil:...You never know what will happen.... :devil:

R U overstepping again :roflol:

Rich

Rich,

Jack-R U overstepping again :roflol:

Rich-you and your bride head east. Jack is correct, SC is a great place to be...Charleston has a nice medical school!

Edited by Ms. Kitty

In looking at the poll results and knowing my BE brotheren (and sisters) I'm not surprised over a skew to the south and Texas/Oklahoma. However...is anyone else surprised that staying in CA got so many votes?

Rich

In looking at the poll results and knowing my BE brotheren (and sisters) I'm not surprised over a skew to the south and Texas/Oklahoma. However...is anyone else surprised that staying in CA got so many votes?

Rich

undoubtedly guyz that borrow yer guns or whom you loaned primers to.

go for a big-12 state!

• 2 weeks later...

Or, you could move to Baton Rouge, and we'll show you what a couple of them look like, along with some CWS trophies, mosquitoes, alligators, etc. :rolleyes:

Some pretty good cookin' too!

Troy

Rich

I'm surprised NC is not on your short list. UNC has great med schools, I'm not sure about the PA stuff though. We have USPSA every weekend with in a 2 hr drive of Charlotte. I know that UNC is still a couple hr drive from Charlotte, but there is lots of stuff there. Nothing beats a local match that guys like Todd J. just happen to frequent. I've got a friend that lives in Jax Bch, and he loves it. He isn't a shooter (nothing against it, just doesn't do it). I do hear that there is a good bit of shooting down that way. If you do move this way let me know. You and the Mrs can come over and we'll teach you how to say "Ya'll" properly!!

North Carolina is definitely not on the list (unless I go to Duke). Stef put her foot down on that one. After the spring/summer of 2008, lost all chances (i.e. spring/summer STORMS!!). As for the top shooters showing up...I am in CA and Arizona is not far away.

So far, the schools are looking to be in this order of want:

- University of Florida

- South University

- Duke University

- University of New Mexico

- University of Utah

Rich

Nemo - Mi amigo!

Yeah. We're pretty set on Georgia. We had a great weekend in Atlanta last year spending it in town and going to the Georgia Aquarium. Basically, where ever I end up for PA school is temporary and then we'll let family stuff decide from there, but we have, "Georgia on [our] mind".

Rich

YAY! I'm so glad you've come to your senses and chosen the best Southern state there is! We will welcome you and Steph with open arms, good 'ol home cooking and all the pistol & rifle shooting you could possibly want. I'll tell Bobby to get your Pandora can ready! ;)