Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

burris 1x4 xtp

benny hill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly crap, I got the new improved burris today & to say the red dot is brighter is an under statement. It glows BRIGHT & they cleaned up the screen some. Guess what I'm useing now. Early christmas.

You got some to sell?

Was that your pistol??? Benny said to take it and wring it out, in the process the frame cracked and the slide split in 2, the mags only hold 15 rounds and we had to bead blast it just to get the rusted fingerprints off, but other than that it shoots really small one shot groups..................................... :roflol:

You need to jump on the International Traveling Shooters and Drinkers club, for next year! The dues are cheap, but the drinks can be REAL expensive.

trapr

Whoa, I ordered a back-up Burris w/ a LaRue SPR in a combo deal from LaRue last week and it's one of the new ones too. Holding them side by side it looks like the BDC reticle has been shortened and made thinner so it's less obtrusive. Also it is definitely brighter (I assumed it was because of an old battery in my old one but I swapped batteries and the new one stayed brighter). I happened to have one of gose's Meopta's here and it's as bright as a Meopta on 6 (Meopta's go to 7).

I'll have to try running a practice stage with and without the illumination to see which way works better. I started w/ an EOTech so I like illuminated reticles but I've been shooting the XTR for the last few months and have left the illumination off.

The serial # on my older one is: EJ071### The new one is: XC090###

Edited by grywlfbg

I like the TR-21 series of scopes, just like Iron sights....N.B.N.!!! (no batteries needed) No switches no nothing, but look through them (just learned that from Kelly) and apply a good trigger press. I have found batteries will let you down eventually. KurtM

Someone hurry up and post a pic of the reticle already. I coudln't find this on the Burris website. Maybe I need to look harder.

The BDC part of the reticle is shorter and thinner and gets even thinner as it goes down. I'll try to take a pic when I get home - never tried to use a camera through a scope....

Kurt, the reticle works fine w/o batteries - it'll just show up black instead of glowing red. I've been using the (now) older model for a few months and never even turn the illumination on. So a dead battery won't strand you like an EOTech or Aimpoint. And I like the ladder style reticle as I feel that I can get more accurate holdovers. But clearly "some" people can shoot really well w/ the Meopta or Accupoint reticles. :)

Rennie, let us know if Burris will retrofit older models and for how much $$ - I would like to send my older one back to be "fixed".

Thanks for posting the pics. Excellent representation of everything I wanted to see! This may be my next optic for my back up AR and depending on how I like it, perhaps it could replace the Meopta.

Too bad they don't make the BDC for a .308 in the 1-4X, otherwise this would go on my JP LRP 07 when it gets here.

Thanks for posting the pics. Excellent representation of everything I wanted to see! This may be my next optic for my back up AR and depending on how I like it, perhaps it could replace the Meopta.

Too bad they don't make the BDC for a .308 in the 1-4X, otherwise this would go on my JP LRP 07 when it gets here.

Depending on what load you use, it will also work for .308.

Why do you need a round-specific BDC? Just shoot it at various distances and note the holdovers (first ladder mark, second, etc).

Why do you need a round-specific BDC? Just shoot it at various distances and note the holdovers (first ladder mark, second, etc).

The Sharpie written yardages clutter up the field of view, hehehe.

j/k

I don't care when I'm using the Nighforce on my PR rig but for my 3 gun rifle I actually tailor my loads to work with the reticle for quick shots with little thinking involved. As with any scope, it's all in how YOU use it.

Nice improvement...

Does anyone know what the battery life of the new scope is like? Might it be even worse due to more brightness?

Googling around I found a spec stating the previous XTR had 30-100 hrs battery life which is even more pathetic than the Meopta... :(

Googling around I found a spec stating the previous XTR had 30-100 hrs battery life which is even more pathetic than the Meopta... :(

Mine seems to make it for one match...cause I forget to turn it off <_<

Any chance there is some sort of upgrade option from the old?

Nice improvement...

Does anyone know what the battery life of the new scope is like? Might it be even worse due to more brightness?

Not sure. I never used the ill in my old one as it was too weak and just received my new one this week.

One thing that they did do is change from a CR-2025 battery to a CR-2032 which is larger so will provide more juice. But Idk if the increased ill will negate the larger batt.

I ordered a back-up Burris w/ a LaRue SPR in a combo deal from LaRue last week and it's one of the new ones too....

Wow.... that looks like an incredible deal on the mount/scope.

Might have to take them up that.