Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone gettng shipments primers from PV?

lugnut

I placed an order for some WSP primers several weeks back. Just about a week before that order some primers shipped from them to me for a previous order. Since then they have obviously stopped taking orders. Has anyone rec'd any primers from them in the last several weeks? Their phone just goes into VM now. Problem is my last order had some powder I needed as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my primers in February, just asked them the status

and they said the primer companies aren't giving them any

shipping dates, so they don't have any idea when I'll get my

primers:((

And, I'm down to only 3,000 left - afraid to do any shooting.

Jack

ok- so the bulk of us on this forum are very active shooters I assume. When PV isn't getting ANYTHING in where are they going? I'm not just talking primers- no one has ammo either.

No one has rec'd a shipment from PV in over a month? That seems strange!

ok- so the bulk of us on this forum are very active shooters I assume. When PV isn't getting ANYTHING in where are they going? I'm not just talking primers- no one has ammo either.

No one has rec'd a shipment from PV in over a month? That seems strange!

Their website had something to the position of having back orders for primers in numbers close to 50 million.

Yah, my phone would go to VM as well.

Is it just me or does 50,000,000 primers really not seem like that many? 50,000,000 / 5,000 per case = 10,000 cases. I'm not going to pay shipping and hazmat for less than 4 cases. Even if it's only an average of 2 cases per order that's only 5,000 orders. IMO, that really isn't very many. Now if they meant 500,000,000 on the other hand. :surprise:

I got 6 cases of small pistol primers from Graf & Sons last week. Placed the B/O in April and got them in 3 weeks.

I also got a shipment of powder from Powder Valley. 42lbs. Took less that 2 weeks.

The scuddle butt at glocktalk says midway has remington SP in stock, but they said they got an email. I've checked on the site and they are not up yet. I hope its a sign that things are turning around.

I have an order with Cabelas but havent heard anything out of them :yawn:

• 4 weeks later...

This is surprising.. I thought they were big enough that they would start getting something before everyone else. I just called the other day... nothing on my order yet - I really just wanted to make sure they at least put my VV on the side so that too didn't go out of stock. They said primer supply is hardly trickling in...

Before it good bad I ordered 15,000 WSP, from back order - got them in 3 weeks, Placed another order before they stopped placing orders 4/23/09 and still no primers but not in a panick yet. A buddy of mine got his order that was placed 4/17 last week so they are shipping as soon as they can. Powder is still shipping unless you requested that the order be shipped complete.

Hang in there it should be getting better sooner rather than later.

I am seeing more ammo at Wally world granted only three boxes per customer but there is some on the shelf.

I even saw .380 ammo on the shelf their the other night.

When I talked to them Tuesday they said they were into March on the back orders meaning they are filling orders placed in March. It really depends on what you ordered and what it is they get in. They called me to let me know they could fill a 183 lb back order on powder that I had and if I ordered another 9 lbs of powder I could save a lot of money on the HazMat charges, so of course I did. That should show up middle of next week, but it appears I am still a month or 2 out on primers which really sucks. Susan and I about to get into our last flat of 5,000 primers, and it's making me kind of nervous. I do have over 500,000 on order though!