Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It must be spring...the snakes are out

GentlemanJim

This is a 5 and a half foot bull snake in my front yard

He seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed...he is quite ticked off

Disregard the audio...Nanci was not pleased at filming him :roflol:

His strike was about 5 feet..he was pretending to be a rattlesnake

The vid doesnt show it well...but these guys can deform their head to mimic the shape of a rattlesnake.

And yes it was me he was trying to bite :roflol:...PS no I did not hurt him...they eat mice...and thats good

th_PICT0017.jpg

Edited by GentlemanJim

Oh he is in deep sh*t now!

I was barefoot while trying to operate the camera and not liking it one bit!

I am scared sh*tless of snakes...poisonous or not.

I'm gonna hit him with a cast iron skillet for every smartazz comment this thread produces. :devil:

Great vid, I like snakes too. Congrats to you for not killing the little guy, most people I know would not hesitate to kill him regaurdless if he was attacking or not.

sounds like you got the wife worked up :o

Well the little woman has a cast iron skillet our for some strange reason :surprise:

We have lots of snakes...and I am not fond or the rattlers...and I kill em all, we have kids here...so no rattlers alowed

Only had to dispatch one bull snake ever...he killed my baby duck and that was over the line :(

I must say I am not too hot on the idea of one knot on my head for every giggle on this thread :o

She did tell me to remove the audio...but I didnt know how :mellow:

I will just explain to her that I cant load her ammo...with a black eye :roflol:

Jim

I made the mistake of messing with a bull snake last summer, I had no idea they were so agressive. There was a 5-6 foot bull snake in the middle of a road at one of our favorite state parks and I stopped to chase him off the road, I grabbed his tail and bang he struck at me and I was just able to get clear of him, then he coiled up just like a rattle snake, that sucker would not back off, I finally gave up and went back to my truck. Snake won that standoff. :wacko:

Remind me to never, ever, ever come visit you two... :surprise: Nanci, I can't believe you filmed that - he wouldn't have been able to post this video if I'd been in your place, the language would have been much worse.

Sorry Jim, guess that's one more whack from the skillet. :blush:

Well the little woman has a cast iron skillet our for some strange reason :surprise:

We have lots of snakes...and I am not fond or the rattlers...and I kill em all, we have kids here...so no rattlers alowed

Only had to dispatch one bull snake ever...he killed my baby duck and that was over the line :(

I must say I am not too hot on the idea of one knot on my head for every giggle on this thread :o

She did tell me to remove the audio...but I didnt know how :mellow:

I will just explain to her that I cant load her ammo...with a black eye :roflol:

Jim

She has a skillet out cause her oven dont work, she wacks you with just cause. How many does that get you?----------Larry

This is a 5 and a half foot bull snake in my front yard

He seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed...he is quite ticked off

Disregard the audio...Nanci was not pleased at filming him :roflol:

His strike was about 5 feet..he was pretending to be a rattlesnake

The vid doesnt show it well...but these guys can deform their head to mimic the shape of a rattlesnake.

And yes it was me he was trying to bite :roflol:...PS no I did not hurt him...they eat mice...and thats good

th_PICT0017.jpg

Looks like a gopher to me but they look very similar. Bulls have the loudest hiss of any snake by the way.

Oh he is in deep sh*t now!

I was barefoot while trying to operate the camera and not liking it one bit!

I am scared sh*tless of snakes...poisonous or not.

I'm gonna hit him with a cast iron skillet for every smartazz comment this thread produces. :devil:

The Snake or your hubby?

We used to get a lot of bull snakes and coachwhips. Those little buggers hurt when they bite. Just cause they don't have venom does not mean they don't have teeth.

Rattlesnake almost took me out of this world, wait, no, it was the stupid ER workers who shot me up with 5 vials of antivenom IV, that I was highly allergic too.

Now that I'm educated on the subject, they should have given me a test dose under my skin to look for a reaction.

I woke up 2 days later in ICU, and now I hate venomous snakes.

I don't seek them out, but I will destroy venomous snakes on contact.

Jim,watch this video of the rabbit vs. snake. Pretty neat, but confusing on who the victim really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ez5QPW-ku4

Rabbit probably had babies the area. Rabbits can inflict some serious damage. That is one of the most common reason Jessica sees large snakes. People feed them live rabbits and the rabbits cut them up with their rear legs.