Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hawaiianjo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in Ohio also...and what we can get are expensive. I did note that one individual from Ohio, on the revo thread managed to pick up 25K Fed. SP recently @ $25/K! I wish I knew where!!!!!

FWIW

Richard

You guys oughta see the folks out here who didn't see this coming. Even in rural areas (not much match action) the stores are out of all "regular" caliber commercial ammo, and primers are fairly rare.

Off topic for 1 second... Chirpy, noticed your location- was out there camping last year- you have a GREAT state park, and REALLY nice people!!!

In Virginia I am down to running alternate primers now, Using small rifle for .38's in my S&W M 28 seem to work just fine. Just found a brick of small pistol match magnum, whatever that means, trying them this weekend in my M&P 9 to see if they are reliable. If not I am down to hundred re-loads and just enough factory WWB to shoot the Carolina cup. Forget about enough to practice.

Gun club put in a bulk order big bucks too 30 some thousand dollars but the supplier said he could not promise any primers, just bullets and loaded ammo.

No primers available in my area except at the small mom and pop type shops. Gun shows have nothing but higher than normal attendance and overpriced guns. The main component vendors won't be coming to any more shows until fall or when they finally have sufficient inventory to bring.

A friend of mine decided to take a case of Win WLP to the gun show and see what happened. It was a like a rock star entered the room. People saw that box and kept coming up and pestering him. He decided to sell them at $40/1000, limit one to a person, even though he could have asked much more and got it. Surprisingly, some of those asking to buy were quite rude about it and as a result ended up with nothing. It was really sad to see all these folks acting so desperate.

WOW...based on the "Auction", the Primers I bought a year and a half ago have TRIPLED in Value...even at the "Steel Match" Price, they've over DOUBLED! HOLY COW! Are people REALLY that DESPERATE???...WOW....mikey357

I've got about 1800 WSP left... and 400 rounds loaded. I'm shooting nothing but matches for now!!! LOL

More golf! Til the primers come back.

Anyone with an inside company line on what's going on???

JW

I saw some Federal match primers at the Des Moines gun show this past weekend for $60 per thousand. Passed.

Another dealer had a ton of Wolf large pistol primers for $35 per thousand. Passed on those as well.

Glad I pplanned ahead, I still have 10000 small pistol, 10000 large pistol, 2000 small rifle all Federal. Now that I am switching to Limited, those small pistol will go fast.

What exactly did you say your address was so that I can visit the next time I am in the neighborhood? Those large pistol sound like a nice gift to a fellow shooter to keep my revo running. :cheers:

At the PSA yesterday, the pre-match shooter's meeting included the standard request that shooters visit the vendor area.

As a joke, we were instructed to ask "Do you have any primers?" Don't know how much they brought to the multi-day match, but there was only one lonely sleeve of 1,000 SP Match left.

I'm shooting S&W in 357 and 45, so I can use either SP or LP. Last week at Gander Mtn, I picked up 700 S&W large pistol magnum primers @ $4.99 per hundred. That was what they had in the store. With those added in, I'm down to a 1,000 of LP, but I still have 6,000 SP that I bought last year. Shooting S&W revos, only Federals will work.