Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand Adjustable Dillon Powder Measure Knob cheap.

I got some at Home Depot today. They had a bunch it seems some people have a real hard time finding them at their local Home Depot. If you want one PM me. They have two kinds a round knob and a wing nut type adjuster. It just slides over the nut on the powder measure.

DSC_2970.jpg

DSC_2971.jpg

To find them yourself they are in

Dr# 24 (Drawer #24)

Bin - C

DR# 973

Item # 30655 78128

Item # 30655 83748 (different Bin #)

They were under $2 so that plus a little shipping. I am just trying to help those out that can't get it locally not trying to make a buck.

This is the easy way to do this. Send me a Self Adressed Stamped envelope with $1.75 for the round knob (right side in picture) or $1.25 for the wing nut (left in picture and on press). They are under 1 oz so a simple postage stamp ought to do it just fine. PM me for my address.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the round one in white. I can mark it with a sharpie to help me make adjustments.

For what it is worth, this forum is where I got the original idea. It has been around for a while.

Edited by sandman

Hi there,

I have been using the round knob for about 4 or 5 years. I got a red one and put some 1/8 turn marks on it with a sharpie and have been able to re-set a load quite quickly. They did only cost about $0.75 back then...

Later,

Chuck

I have a fancy Brass aftermarket knob that I purchased a few years ago, but i recently noticed that the powder dial moves from the vibration of loading. The powder dial gradually rotates adding more and more powder--not good! Anyone have a suggestion or experience this before? Right now my solution is packing tape on the dial, but it's not a permanant solution. I'm actually thinking of going back to the oem knob.

I have a fancy Brass aftermarket knob that I purchased a few years ago, but i recently noticed that the powder dial moves from the vibration of loading. The powder dial gradually rotates adding more and more powder--not good! Anyone have a suggestion or experience this before? Right now my solution is packing tape on the dial, but it's not a permanant solution. I'm actually thinking of going back to the oem knob.

Since that knob is fixed to the threaded adjustment bolt, its the bolt thats turning and whatever is on the end should have nothing to do with it. If you are using the new style PM (without return springs), might try removing the insert tab...it serves no purpose without the springs. Lee Love (Uniquetek) told me he has had only one instance of his micrometer bar moving and the cause was traced to the spring insert tab making contact with the threads during operation. It can either be removed or, slicked up with a file or emery and left on.

a heavy brass knob might be able to generate enough vibrational torque to change the setting on a stock measure, but it would seem unlikely -- I'd guess something is loose in/around the bolt.

Add a set screw to lock it in place.

My HD is not carrying them any more so I had to search them out. Found some on ebay 5 knobs for 5 bucks and they had Dillon blue. I know with shipping it was a little more than HD, but a lifetime supply is now in my hands. FYI just type flowerette knobs in the search and you will find them.

My HD is not carrying them any more so I had to search them out. Found some on ebay 5 knobs for 5 bucks and they had Dillon blue. I know with shipping it was a little more than HD, but a lifetime supply is now in my hands. FYI just type flowerette knobs in the search and you will find them.

Kinda my point. I was offering to ship one to you guys for my cost $1.75 with a self adressed envolope back to you. They weight under 1 oz so it's not like a regular postage stamp won't cover the shipping. I have a couple other people on different forums getting some. So far I have 6 I am shipping out.

If you have multiple Hope Depot's in your area, check them all. I eventually found one that stocks them. They're with the Specialty Fasteners (usually a collection of pull out bins or sectional drawers) in the hardware section.

Why doesn't Mr Enos carry them?

What amazes me is how few people actually take me up on this offer. You guys drive around looking when all you need to do is pay the cost of a couple postages stamps and I will send them to you for cost.

What amazes me is how few people actually take me up on this offer. You guys drive around looking when all you need to do is pay the cost of a couple postages stamps and I will send them to you for cost.

I was >< close to doing that...but I really wanted to see/handle them before buying...and we have lots of Home Depot's around here. Depending on the route I choose, I can go by 2 HD's on the way home without going out of my way at all.

I ended up buying one of each type. The round one looked like it'd be nice in that there's more area on it to mark up, but it doesn't give terribly good leverage. The wingnut one seems much easier to turn.

I was doing all this playing around using the large measure not installed...as I didn't want to mess with the adjustment of the small measure in my machine which is currently dialed in for my 9mm load. When I convert the press to do some .45, I'll probably experiment with the round dial.

I was >< close to doing that...but I really wanted to see/handle them before buying...and we have lots of Home Depot's around here. Depending on the route I choose, I can go by 2 HD's on the way home without going out of my way at all.

I ended up buying one of each type. The round one looked like it'd be nice in that there's more area on it to mark up, but it doesn't give terribly good leverage. The wingnut one seems much easier to turn.

I was doing all this playing around using the large measure not installed...as I didn't want to mess with the adjustment of the small measure in my machine which is currently dialed in for my 9mm load. When I convert the press to do some .45, I'll probably experiment with the round dial.

If you can find them local then of course, thats the way to go. But this isn't the only thread were people are " I can't find them" and never take me up on shipping them. It boggles the mind. I thought after all the threads I have seen around forums that people can't find them I would have many people want them for what is basically cost plus two postage stamps.

Here is a trick. Put a case in the shellplate and bring the handle down. Then use your dial calipers to measure the gap by the threads on the bolt. Put a dial on your nut and mark you favorite setting at 12:00. Now you have everything you need to get back to that spot quickly and easily. For the wing nut style just write you measurement from the dial calipers plus "1:30" if that is were the wing nut is pointing.

I also prefer the wing nut type for leverage and it has a natural pointer. You can paint one wing and always have a reference.

Edited by 98sr20ve

• 3 weeks later...
I got some at Home Depot today. They had a bunch it seems some people have a real hard time finding them at their local Home Depot. If you want one PM me. They have two kinds a round knob and a wing nut type adjuster. It just slides over the nut on the powder measure.

DSC_2970.jpg

DSC_2971.jpg

To find them yourself they are in

Dr# 24 (Drawer #24)

Bin - C

DR# 973

Item # 30655 78128

Item # 30655 83748 (different Bin #)

They were under $2 so that plus a little shipping. I am just trying to help those out that can't get it locally not trying to make a buck.

This is the easy way to do this. Send me a Self Adressed Stamped envelope with $1.75 for the round knob (right side in picture) or $1.25 for the wing nut (left in picture and on press). They are under 1 oz so a simple postage stamp ought to do it just fine. PM me for my address.

Edited by cardguy