Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

I do believe the company's are just making enough primers to supply there ammo manufacturing lines instead of for the reloaders.

Why would they do that? Profit is profit.

A.T.

They make more profit off of selling loaded rounds then just components.

That's silly to even think that.

Listen I can tell even through my tinfoil hat this is happening. :ph34r:

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee every primer-making machine in this country is running 24/7. The problem is the factories are scared to buy additional machines, believing the shortage conditions to be too temporary to recoup the investment.

I look at the fact that shotgun primers are available almost everywere you look. I might be mistaken but I believe they are the same material only 3 times larger than a small primer. I know there is not that much of a demand for shotgun primers but it is just a theory.

Who among us is content with a mere 7000 primers on the self?

Answer: ........nobody these days.

Until all heavy volume reloaders have at least one to two years primer supply :rolleyes: on their personal shelf, the panic will continue.

And as a gesture of good will, I hereby promise not to order or purchase ANY more primers until mid 2010.

BB

I look at the fact that shotgun primers are available almost everywere you look. I might be mistaken but I believe they are the same material only 3 times larger than a small primer. I know there is not that much of a demand for shotgun primers but it is just a theory.

They're already selling every loaded round that they make, so holding back primers for reloaders would be stupid. They're making as much ammo as possible, which is eating up the vast majority of primer manufacturing capability which is also running 24/7. They'll always have a slightly higher capacity to manufacture primers than loaded rounds, so it all makes sense with what we're seeing. R,

I placed an order with Cabelas back in June and it has been on back order since July. Now it is like a game. I call them 4-5 days before the order is due and make sure it is still in the system and they give me a new projected delivery date.

The next scheduled delivery date is November 6th.

I am not desperate for them, but it would be nice to load up a few 9mm with Federal primers.

I placed an order with Cabelas back in June and it has been on back order since July. Now it is like a game. I call them 4-5 days before the order is due and make sure it is still in the system and they give me a new projected delivery date.

I am not desperate for them, but it would be nice to load up a few 9mm with Federal primers.

I placed my order back in April and the delivery date I was given last was 1st week of December, that's after Aug, Sept and Oct delivery dates.

I placed my order back in April and the delivery date I was given last was 1st week of December, that's after Aug, Sept and Oct delivery dates.

I have had 20K WSR on order from May. There expected delivery dates are misleading to say the least.

Preston

I got a call from my local reloading shop today that my n320 that I ordered a couple months ago was in. I was close by so I went right over and was able to get 3k large and 3k small cci primers. 35.00 a thousand but 6k in the hand is worth a lot more in the bush. Woo Hoo time to hit the press.

Limit 2k per customer, no wonder they're still in stock :surprise:

If you place the order through their parent company, GeneSears.net, their limit is 5K. I don't know why they do this though...

In any case, $39/K + Hazmat + Shipping = not really worth it unless you are desperate (yeap... I have been there and ordered from these folks. In my case they shipped the order really fast so, although their prices are not stellar, I would still recommend them).

Can anyone explain why Graf & Sons has a standard hazmat fee as well as a "Hazmat Fee for Backordered Items".... BTW, I've considered calling them and asking, but I've already got a bitter taste in my mouth just thinking about it, and would probably get even more pissed off & piss off the person on the other end of the line in the process. Don't get me wrong, I'm prepared and willing to pay more from another vendor. But openly advertising what I consider to be a BS fee is just a bit more than I'm willing to take from anybody.... Sorry for ranting, but it chafes me arse just a bit.

:angry2:

Thanks,

Mike