Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Color Svi Grip Handle???

PistolPete

I'm building an SVI double stack with the Alfaro Paint & Stipple grips. Should I order this in red or blue? I like the red but think blue would be a bit more subtle. I just want something a bit different. I'm thinking red though with the red mag well and with red Dawsons mag base pads. Anyone have pics of these?

What are your thoughts?

Red or blue???

I know it is a pretty sad question to be asking... LOL But, red is def. my favorite color but seeing the blue grips on JP Engineerings website got me thinking. It is my gun and I want it to be somewhat different than what everyone else is using. I know it is just a gun and it doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it shoots and functions perfectly. But, on the other side I want something that looks totally different than what I already have.

Pete

Color aside, can anyone voice thier opinions of the different grip surfaces?

1) Standard

2) Alfaro Stipple (Competition)

3) Scotts Grip (Competition and Compact)

I was wondering if these grips (2 and 3) loose thier 'grip' over time, and it's just easier to add skateboard tape to the standard?

Thanks!

Color aside, can anyone voice thier opinions of the different grip surfaces?

1) Standard

2) Alfaro Stipple (Competition)

3) Scotts Grip (Competition and Compact)

I was wondering if these grips (2 and 3) loose thier 'grip' over time, and it's just easier to add skateboard tape to the standard?

Thanks!

The Scotts grip will last along time, I have used one quite a bit (with LOTS of dryfiring on it) and no probs.

I like the Scotts, its shaped well and lots of grip, Its still on my backup gun.

On my SVI, I have done absolutly nothing to the grip, its bone stock. The gun is comfortable and shoots so well I have seen no need to alter it. I shoot it just the way I got it.

Well needless to say I knew when I started this thread I was going to get a lot of crap for it. I don't have a problem with that. I just don't think there is anything wrong with having something that "looks" cool. This isn't the reason I'm buying the SVI "BUT" it is pretty cool that I have the option. By having a different colored grip I don't see how that makes me a "queer" but if it makes you feel better then all the power to you.

However, I think I'm going to go with the blue grips as it is much more subtle and not so "in-your-face"