Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent match! Thanks to all involved: The AMU + the Army units who helped out (not to mention all @ Fort Benning who make this match possible), Linda + Stats people, the R.O.'s, the sponsors, the competitors... I could not have had a better time!

And a big :bow: to all on Squad 9... We had a full time supply of fun, and a portable propane heater... best squad ever :cheers:

I haven't shot that many 3gun matches, but this was definitely the best one so far.

A big thanks to all the people who helped pull the match off, to all the sponsors that helped fill up that amazing prize table and the great guys in squad 13.

I'll definitely try to get into the 6th match ;)

Congrats to one of the NorCal shooters who got in the match. Henrik Blixt 8th in Tac-Scope and stage win! Way to go!

Yeah Todd, it took me all day Friday to get him motivated!

Squad 13 actually had 2 stage wins :rolleyes:

Hey look at that, you took a stage too! and 16th overall, way to go! Now there are two guys who are new to 3-gun that are going to be pushing me down in the standings :goof:

Looking forward to seeing you in AZ for the Superstition Mountain 3-gun. Hope you're mailing your app tomorrow like the rest of us.

This was our long range platform....made with coil springs from a mini van:

010kn.jpg

311n.jpg

Hey, that's my gun! Travis, thanks for posting a picture of the FrankenColt!

I want to offer a huge Thank You to the entire AMU, match staff, sponsors (awesome prize tables and the Leatherman is cool), and ROs and Soldiers who worked the stages so we didn't have too. It was an honor and privilege to be able to shoot here again. As usual, the stages were awesome (stage 5 was my favorite this year) and challenging with cool range props too. I had a blast shooting with squad two as well, good people and lots of fun. :cheers:

Hurley

I am not the first and will likely not be the last to state that this year's match was the absolute best ever. Thanks to all of those great AMU folks, their military helpers, the civilians who came from all over and everyone else who made this match an over the top success. My only suggestion is that while doing the shooters dinner was a great idea, it would be better if we did it somewhere other than the range since we found out this year, you can not guarantee warm enough weathwer to make it comfortable to eat outside after sundown. By way of suggestion, the new infantry museum might be a resource of this since it appeared they were catering events there when I visited.

I have to save a special thanks to Aaron Hampton. Forget that he runs AMU and that he makes this match happen and has his dad come up and dish out some of the best range food we could ever hope to find. What many of you do not know is how his work has promoted him to a key player in the world of multigun competition and that he is advising the NRA on this sport. His efforts have already raised the profile of MG and that is going to continue as demonstrated at this match with the addition of the chances on the vehicles donated by GM for the winners of the shootoff. Even if he was doing none of this, the fact that he runs the most over subscribed match in the country speaks for itself.

CLASSIFIED STAGE: A shooter who had to withdraw inquired about the stage and I have not seen it answered. We arrived via striker at the sniper building used in a previous even and we were led in. We were read the stage description once and we were not allowed a walk through. We started at a door and entered a room with windows. On the wall was a poster detailing how many steel to engage from the windows (but it did not say which window) in that room and we had to acquire the targets and engage them. We then moved to a second room and did the same thing. Paper targets were up close. Steel targets were distant and mostly set up in the shoot town about 100 yards distant. Steel targets were black and had yellow backers and were swinger targets like we used on the long range steel. This was a great stage since it added the element of finding the targets and keeping track of whether or not you had neutralized all of the targets you had to engage from that room.

Once again, thank you AMU and all of the great comrades on squad 9.

Great match. A heartfelt thanks to all who made it possible.

I also have a story about a very classy young lady. After results were posted Ms. Tasha Hanish noticed that one of her PENALTIES had not been subtracted from her score. She immediately notified stats and had the penalty put in. She did this knowing full well that she and Dianna Leidorff had both shot a very strong match and that her penalty was the difference between top lady in tac optics and 2nd place. She set a very good example for all of us to follow. What a demonstration of integrity and sportsmanship. She certainly is the type of competitior that Team FNH can be proud of. :cheers:

just want to say thanks to the AMU Team, Linda and the RO's for a fun match!

the D.I. was great had the whole squad rolling when he asked me where i learned to shoot. the school for comedians?

and thanks for letting the wife get to play some too! the ride in the striker, ACR and side match!

once again thank you !

:D

Let me add my thanks to the AMU, the RO's, the stage workers, the stats folks, and the soldiers that took the burden of resetting the stages after each shooter.

Thanks to Squad 15 who, despite being pretty much all Yankees (Except Wynn), put up with two Southern noobs and even offered advice occasionally.

My son and I had a great time shooting, but a better time making new friends.

Thanks all.

RMD

Edited by rduckwor

Well.....another world class Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge goes down in the books. Phenomenal match!

Huge thanks the the Army, the AMU, Sgt. Hampton, Lt. Col. Hodne, Robbie Johnson, the world class stats and administration of Linda Chico and Sandra Orvig with the help of Lee Dimaculangan as well as all others that assisted their team, and to all the service men and woman who make sure we have these freedoms. You folks make this match what it is. Also great thanks to the Ranger Battallion who provided all the men and woman to assist in the reset of stages and help staff the match where needed as well as all the volunteer RO's who came to help.

It is an awesome experience for all. I'm thankful its right in my backyard. Its a fantastic end to my season.

Another huge thanks to all the gratious sponsors that provide such an outstanding prize table for this match. I'll admit....I'm one of those guys that likes a big prize table.

Sincere apology to those who DQ'ed.....but you can say you've been there done that and got the T-Shirt. I thought that was kinda cool. The T-shirt....not the DQ. Those always suck. Maybe somebody will post a pic of the Tee for those that did not get to see one.

Congrats to all the top finishers. The talent pool at this years match was huge. Congrats to Bruce Piatt for winning the shootoff after the many reshoots. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. BTW.....I thought the truck was supposed to be a 1 in 50 chance? It changed to 1 in a 100.

Also a huge congrats to Sgt. Horner and SFC St. John. The AMU has regained two huge assets again for another term of enlistment. :cheers: You guys rock and have serious talent.

Now.....I just hope it happens again next year. Sgt. Hampton does a good job of keeping us all in suspense.

If I missed anyone. Thank You for your support.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

We were one of the sponsors and I visited for my first time. WOW! What a great bunch of people all around. The shooters, all the soldiers helping out. Linda and crew in stats, Lee, Aaron et al. I feel very, very good about all the kids protecting us, and even more so after the visit. The AMU is a fantastic program and Benning is an impressive installation. We (co-worker Tony Barnes and I) stopped at the new Infantry Museum Saturday morning - fantastic! If you get a chance to see it, do so!

Thanks for all the kind word everyone!! We ran out of shirts at the match and wanted to give everybody a chance to get one if they wanted. If you would like to pick one up, visit the match website and follow the links. We are getting another run made and they are the same price as they were at the match.

Thanks!!

-DH

I just got home from the 21 hr. straight through drive. I can't believe the shoot is over with already. Good things go too fast I guess.

Thanks to everyone working the match. The AMU, active duty personnel working the match, Sandra and Linda, the RO's, sponsors, vendors, the list goes on forever.

Thanks also to everyone on squad #18 for the great opportunity to watch some great shooters and learn the better ways to do things.

Everything about the match was a blast, except for that friggin' parachute harness on stage #7, I will now know better for any future matches.

On the way home we drove through a 10 mile stretch of very icey roads, many cars in the ditch, some upside down, and while going through we had a large pickup with construction trailer spin out and biff it big time in the ditch. No injuries thank goodness. I hope everyone else made it home safely.

All I can do is add my agreement to everyone else that this was a GREAT match with GREAT Staff. A big thank you also to everyone on Squad Lucky 13 for a msot enjoyable weekend with good people.

Now I'll be telling Santa "All I want for Christmas is a FB3G 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :cheers:

<snip>

CLASSIFIED STAGE: A shooter who had to withdraw inquired about the stage and I have not seen it answered. We arrived via striker at the sniper building used in a previous even and we were led in. We were read the stage description once and we were not allowed a walk through. We started at a door and entered a room with windows. On the wall was a poster detailing how many steel to engage from the windows (but it did not say which window) in that room and we had to acquire the targets and engage them. We then moved to a second room and did the same thing. Paper targets were up close. Steel targets were distant and mostly set up in the shoot town about 100 yards distant. Steel targets were black and had yellow backers and were swinger targets like we used on the long range steel. This was a great stage since it added the element of finding the targets and keeping track of whether or not you had neutralized all of the targets you had to engage from that room.

Or you could engage everything you saw from all windows and save you the trouble of keeping track ;)