Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for shooting pants/shorts

1911jerry

I took my belt with me to REI and checked it in the shorts. I found a couple of pair. I was not necessarily looking for stretchy, but more looser fitting comfortable to move in. The belt loop on shorts is often too small for a 1.5" belt. I got a pair of REI brand shorts in denim that are pretty loose and comfortable for shooting in. I also got a pair of North face Nylon that I really like off of the sale rack.

FYI if you are a REI member there is a 20% off coupon available right now.

Randy

I have a pair of the Under Armor "Tactical" shorts and I like them a lot. They are pretty much the same as their fishing shorts but they are very comfortable in hot weather.

I have also used Columbia shorts and they worked well. i really like the 5.11 academy shorts because they are slightly shorter and have more pockets.

Bass Pro shops has some that I like. They are light and cheap so I do not mind if I trash them out at the range. They also come in a wide range of colors. My CR Speed fits in the belt loops just fine.

Brand: World Wide Sportsman® Key West Shorts for Men

Hello: I use beach type shorts that are 100% cotton. I do like them in some wild patterns though :roflol: I just don't want to see guys wearing spandex--OK! Just make sure the belt loops fit 1.5" belts. Wrangler make some shorts that work great as well. Thanks, Eric

Columbia (and the like) quick-dry zip-off-leg convertible pants are where it's at for matches IMO. Great in rain and heat, they move well and if you shoot somewhere it's not always the same temperature, it's a quick transition from pants to shorts without changing. Perfect for travelling light to matches as well.

I have also used Columbia shorts and they worked well. i really like the 5.11 academy shorts because they are slightly shorter and have more pockets.

I like the 5.11 shorts as well but found they fit slightly tighter than the 5.11 pants in the same size....kinda weird!

LOL, I call the 5.11 and similar gear 'shoot me first clothing'.

I wear whatever the boss brings home. I tell her I need shorts and I get shorts, same for pants, shirts, etc. It is a really nice system, it works far too smooth to change it. Jean shorts work fine, cargo shorts too. As long as they are bermuda length I am good to go but I can't post a picture of why I need bermuda length as this is a family channel....

Try out the BlackHawk line. I just got three pair and am liking them. They have an elastic type waist that auto adjusts. Pretty cool and are quite comfortable. They still have a deal where if you send in any other "tactical" pant you recieve 50% off a pair of theirs. Details are on their website. I traded in three pair of worn out 5.11s. $75 for three pair of these pants is quite a deal! B)

As long as they are bermuda length I am good to go but I can't post a picture of why I need bermuda length as this is a family channel....

Yeah, that tattoo of "I :wub: FLEX is kinda disturbing...

Whatever Academy has on sale at the time works for me.