Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeling Like It's Spring/Summer

Micah

I didn't get a chance to go to a match today, so instead I took advantage of the warm weather (68 F) and worked around the house, mowed...even grilled some steaks and ribs.

For those that are blessed with such weather year round, this may not seem like much...but to me, it feels like a complete rejuvenation of my spirit!

Out the the bullsh*t and in with the newsh*t ;)

I am just down the road from you. I love this weather. I am hoping the wind will die down enough to get the fire pit going tonight and sip some Jack. Enjoy the weekend!!

lucky you! :P i had planned on attending my first match of the season tomorrow and there is a forecast of SNOW!@#*! plus it might get to 40!!! :surprise: oh well, plenty more down the road... enjoy your warmth!

Well here in VA we're having our 3-5 days of Spring. Nex week I imagine it'll be 90.

I took my fat lazy horse for a ride for first time since fall. Course I guess I got just as fat and lazy so cant really fault him.

The one from Seattle (dr2e) has it right: We're going thru a quick cold front that's going to lower the snow level a bit for a day or so... namely tomorrow. It's just plain cold here in Oregon, too, but the end of the week appears to be looking closer to 55-60. I'm tired of the cold and damp. <_< Bleh.

Oh dont worry Micah ...... this is Ohio. So it will be snowing next week, and we'll be back to shorts by the end of the month.

(Jeff Foxworthy voice on)

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Ohio.

If you have switched from "Heat" to "A/C" and back again in the same day, you may live in Ohio.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snow suit, you may live in Ohio.

If you know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction, you may live in Ohio.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I agree on grilling anytime. We just moved ours close to the door leading onto the deck. The Ace Hardware guy looks at me like I'm crazy when I come in for propane in the middle of the winter.

I didn't get a chance to go to a match today, so instead I took advantage of the warm weather (68 F) and worked around the house, mowed...even grilled some steaks and ribs.

For those that are blessed with such weather year round, this may not seem like much...but to me, it feels like a complete rejuvenation of my spirit!

Out the the bullsh*t and in with the newsh*t ;)

Micah,

Its 76 degrees here today and the wind has died down a bit :cheers: I should be out shooting somewhere, but I'm just too lazy today.

Edited by rangertrace

The last three days the temp has been in the high 50's-low 60's. Only problem is that the wind speeds have damn near been the same. Ah, springtime in New Mexico. Did get some practice in today. Set up stage 11 for this years Double Tap. Fun speed shoot with about six ways to shoot it and twice as many ways to screw it up.

CYa,

Pat

Last Monday we woke up to 10" of snow and this weekend high's have been around 80. First time I've ever washed road salt off a vehicle while wearing shorts.

Today we had bright sunshine, snow, wind, more snow, hail, freezing rain, more snow, and more wind.

Took the dog for a two mile walk during the bright sunshine portion of the day and was snowed on, with bright sunshine and blue skies overhead.

Early last week we were in the 50's and the flowers were starting to come up.

But that's pretty much all normal here. Our last snowfall of Winter 2007/2008 was June 10th. :wacko:

lucky you! :P i had planned on attending my first match of the season tomorrow and there is a forecast of SNOW!@#*! plus it might get to 40!!! :surprise: oh well, plenty more down the road... enjoy your warmth!

The weather at the Bunyon on Sunday was great! Rain, snow, hail and bright sunlight. On one stage I shot in a snow shower that almost obsured the targets. As soon as I finished shooting the snow stopped and the sun came out. Someone came up to me and said that the guy upstairs must not like me. :roflol:

Doug