Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Burris Mount

warpspeed

I wish it mounted with throw levers so it could be removed and put back on. For someone who is going to put it on and leave it, it looks like it will do good. You know that they have to put a rail on it somewhere, it just wouldn't be cool with out it. All the ya hoo's need it to hang junk all over.

I wish it mounted with throw levers so it could be removed and put back on. For someone who is going to put it on and leave it, it looks like it will do good. You know that they have to put a rail on it somewhere, it just wouldn't be cool with out it. All the ya hoo's need it to hang junk all over.

I think they added that rail on top so you could mount their speed dot also. As for me I don't see the need but some think it's cool.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

how would it work with a JP iron sight rail up there, for close in stuff.

just askin.

I never have understood the desire to mount backup irons or optics on top of a primary optic. There is just no way to get a cheek weld, which hurts your speed and accuracy.

That's a good price for a mount. I'd mill that crap off the top. I've been using a Larue with QD for 4 years and only removed it once only to see if it held zero (which it did). If I were to do it all over, I'd consider one without the QD and save a lot of money.

NO Chris...for once it was a 1/16 ounce wrench in the butt stock or in pocket and the whole damn thing is as Q.D. as it needs to be....besides as someone posted, how often do we take the optic off??? If I could get a mount for $70.00 instead of $170.00 and all I had to do was carry a 5/16" wrench instead of throw levers I NEVER would use, I guess I would buy $100.00 worth of bullets to zero in my optic in my new mount! Save me from Q.D.!! I bet in a pich I could take one off with a Leatherman tool that we all have anyway! KurtM

I agree. Too much is made of QD. I suppose it could be a good thing in the heat of battle, if the optic goes tu, then you can rip it off and go to irons quickly. For what we do there is very little to zero need for QD. My preferred one piece mount is the Armalite. It's about the lowest on the market and allows for a good solid cheek weld. It's even almost QD! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anybody have any idea when these should ship from Burris? I ordered from a large optics company about a month ago and it still hasn't shipped. No big deal but I'm just curious.

SWFA is saying April 1, but we all know what day that is. Midway also lists an availability date of 3-31.

I've had mine on backorder with SWFA for a while now. I have a DMS-1 just waiting for it.

ETA- Just check with midway and the expected release date is now 4/15/09 (SWFA doesn't have a release date listed). C'mon, Burris, get these released.

Edited by WellArmedSheep

Will this work with a Millet DMS1, or is it too "short"/not enough forward?

This looks a lot like some other mounts out on the market with the addition of rails on top of the rings.

If you want a nose to charging handle type of cheek weld, it looks like a pretty close call.

Things I have found that don't work:

Armalite mount.

model-01 offset mount.

the weirdo no-name/too many name offset mount with a single bolt for the rails

5" YHM extension with warne rings.

Things I have found that do work.

Larue spr-e mount

american defense recon-x mount

YHM 6" rails with warne rings (theoretical, but the 5" extension was very close to working right, so i assume this would).

From the pics, with the realtice positon of the bolts to the rings, it looks like it will come up a hair too short for the millet given where the turrets are located on the tube. If they had a picture that wasn't a foreshortened 3/4 view, it might be easier to tell.

Raz, you don't like the Armalite? What's wrong with it? It's my favorite all round mount. Doesn't work for some very long eye relief scopes, but for many scopes it rocks. I'm using if for a Meopta 1-4 on a DPMS carbine, a Nikon 6-18 on a Bushy 20", a Leupold MK IV M3 on a DPMS 308, and a Weaver 1-3 on a Bushy carbine. Works great on all of those!

I picked up this Rock River Arms mount for $68 a few years ago. It works very well. It has thumbscrews like a carry handle for removal.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Edited by RAZZ

SWFA responded to me and said that Burris is now telling them either late April or even mid May for the release date. I may cancel my order. It's not SWFA's fault but I'm impatient.