Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many magazines/holders do you have....

Freddie the Swede

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited gets 3 on the belt, + a full one to start. Single stack, 6 on the belt + 1 to start. I don't use a "loading" mag. I go to the line with a full one in my back pocket, and a loose round. At the load command, I load the pistol, withdraw the mag, holster, insert another round making sure that mag is full, and insert the full mag. Also, I check the chamber to make sure there really is a round in there.

5 shooting L10. I have never been to the 5th and rarely have I pulled the 4th but they are like insurance and just kind of re assuring knowing they are there.

AL

Come on Alan, you only have 5 because you are so skinny and your belt is not long enough fro more. I on the other hand have 5 and have room for another 5.

Mark K.

Having said the I have five mag pouches, as to actual mags I carry at the start, my general procedure is to have one for the start, one for each mag change I have planned plus one to cover a dropped mag, etc.

Fat as I am, I don't want more flopping around my waist than I have to.

Mark K.

I have four mag pouches, but ususlly only use three. One is on the front of the belt, I use it to align the belt so that it is in the same place each time. This pouch contains the mag I start with. Then the other three are position around the belt. The last one is far enough back that I am not laying on it if I go prone and it is also reloadable from prone.

3 total

2 x 140's

1x 170

with a back up 170 in the bag.

I've not had to dig into my 3rd magazine yet. I try to keep my back clear of any chair start grabbing 3rd / 4th mag/pouches, if I can help it.

Single stack, I run 5 on the belt.

Edited by Aristotle

5 shooting L10. I have never been to the 5th and rarely have I pulled the 4th but they are like insurance and just kind of re assuring knowing they are there.

AL

Come on Alan, you only have 5 because you are so skinny and your belt is not long enough fro more. I on the other hand have 5 and have room for another 5.

Mark K.

I am working on a place for more room Mark. I like that. Now when I gain weight I can say I needed more space for mags. :roflol:

AL

• 4 weeks later...

In limited I carry 3 on the belt and 1 in my pocket for LAMR.

In open 2 140s on the belt and 1 170 in my pocket for LAMR, unless its a mandatory reload or classifier.

Then it is 3 140s on the belt.