Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List of de-certified handguns

Carlos

I do not even live in the state anymore, but frankly, California still pisses me off with this sort of crap - even going so far as to de-certify a number of purely competition-oriented handguns made by major supporters of USPSA and IDPA (read it for yourself - I have no further comment on this nonesense):

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

Does this affect current owners who do not plan on selling their guns? (i.e. Can they keep them?)

And if they can keep them, does this mean they cannot take them out of the state for a match and legally bring them back into California?

Not a resident, just curious.

Bill

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2006.pdf

Pages 39 and 40 cover this topic. If you are a resident, you can still keep a gun not on the list, and you can also private-party transfer. You can't import them for sale.

I think they'd just have to re-submit for drop testing.. I think it's thier choice...
they are de-certified because they refuse to play the Kalifornika game. You have to send in so many pistols of each type plus a bunch of cash for certification. the gun manufacturers have told Kalifornika to pound sand.

Bingo!

Sad to see that most of Para's pistols were decertified.

I wish other manufacturers would do what STI would do ............... QUIT SELLING GUNS TO ANY CALIFORNIA AGENCIES. ;)

AMEN, If the gun industry just drew a line and told california fine we wont sell any guns to any of your agencies and when they need work performed to them and they are sent back for upgrades or safety issues, they just send them a letter stating that guns are dangerous and that they dont want to endanger any of the fine resident of California with such destructive devices so they cannot in good concious return them to the agencies. The make all the distributors refuse to sell to the agencies.

This also applies to the ammo mfgs.

Even though it's a kind of extortion, the cost to keep a gun on the list is $200/year, so not too many guns need to be sold to recoup the cost. Even with some of the silly laws we have here, CA is still one of the biggest gun markets in the country and if companies don't want to get a piece of that, well, then I guess they make enough money elsewhere.