Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

Got home about 5 this morning. :surprise: Up trying to empty out the truck and get ready to go back to school tomorrow!

Fun match! Enjoyed the stages and the people. Squad 8 was a great mix! I enjoyed seeing Patrick shoot a non-pump and a wee little .223 with a scope (Great entertainment value). I think he missed the exercise of He-Man though! Carl is amazing...Kim...Doug "I finally get to shoot and not work" Hartley and Anthony (they'd say no-shoot, he'd grin, "good, I got 'em!") what a great squad!!! The range was great! Next time, maybe a little less dust in the desert please! Good work on stats!

Loved talking to everyone from team Firebird, and all the other amazing people in the 3-Gun community! (I was sort of wondering about the team Firebird signature on that guys'...ummm...chest?!?!? :roflol: )

It was a good time!!! As always, love watching Daniel whoop up on all of us, and I call him a freak of nature, because not only is he an awesome shooter, he's an amazingly humble, nice human being!! Robbie, you're pretty darn good, too and also a truly good guy! Congrats to all the winners. There was some amazing shooting and some amazing and funny...moments in shooting!

Thanks to EVERYONE within the USPSA community who listened and made so many improvements!! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone for all their hard work. As we got on the road, there were people out tearing down stages and just slaving away!! It takes so much work to have a match like this and I surely appreciate being able to "just shoot."

Thanks again!

Hope to see you all soon!

Seriously, everyone on squad 8 (including our squad goddess) thanks for putting up with me, working so hard, giving good suggestions and support and just being so much fun!

Denise

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this happen

DQed Kay M.

I'm not there but I heard she hit her pistol with her shotgun getting out of the jeep. Pistol dropped and hit the dirt

WOW the Jeep?

Oh yeah there was no jeep, I was on her squad she dropped a loaded gun nuff said.

I should also add that the match was great, a good mix of the guns, great stages which were fun and challenging to shoot that could be shot in multiple ways, the RO's were friendly and fair beautiful range, comfortable weather. I think the buddy I was staying with summed it up well when he said the match just works.

great range, great match, great ro's, great location. based on the range improvements, i'm guessing we'll be back there soon. heard rumors tht all 3 will be there next year, with the MG being in spring. again, just rumors.

lots of flying clays, i mean lots. only 2 swingers, and they were so slow it surprised everyone. stages all fair with many ways to shoot them. gotta love shooting at larues at 330 yds from a roof. that was great. tall guys got revenge finally, with stage 1. instead of having to shoot those flashers off-hand, you could take 4 of them over the top of a sign. i'm 5'8" and took one look thru my optic, couldn't see them. and i can't remember a MG nationals with so many pistol shots. great idea.

can't wait to come back.

How did this happen

DQed Kay M.

I'm not there but I heard she hit her pistol with her shotgun getting out of the jeep. Pistol dropped and hit the dirt

WOW the Jeep?

Oh yeah there was no jeep, I was on her squad she dropped a loaded gun nuff said.

During the course of fire on Close Quarters Castle, Kay snagged her loaded open gun while reloading her open shotgun. She was not sure and I was bit away to see what actually caught the gun, but it dropped to the ground facing directly uprange. She was DQ'ed for a dropped gun in a Course of Fire 10.5.3 /10.5.2. She took it realy well, which should not surprise anyone. It was just one of those things. She did say she may not have locked her pistol in so that may have contributed to the incident. It was the RO running her, Tracy Kemp's first DQ. She was initially a bit shaken up, but she also recovered well and continued to run shooters. Oh Well.

Jay CRO

Edited by JayWord

There were...two...Limited shooters?

:surprise:

Alex

Did Limited really have only 2 shooters? Is that a viable division?

Last time I checked there were 3 ?? Did someone get bumped to Open ??

With 2 shooters, how could you count the match classification ??

One was listed as still in limited, but since the low turn out he switched to tac before the match and mounted a scope. As it was MV announced at the awards that since there were only two shooters they would be combined into tac. No awards either.

One was listed as still in limited, but since the low turn out he switched to tac before the match and mounted a scope. As it was MV announced at the awards that since there were only two shooters they would be combined into tac. No awards either.

Ouch !! :(

Btw, was this the first time a division at the multigun Nationals, other than HM, was won with a Major rifle?

Which Division was won with a rifle making major power factor?

From what I can tell looking at the results D. Horner did not get any additional penalties, which would lead one to believe that he was shooting Major PF in rifle.

A few years back the 3gun Nationals was won by a shooter with a FN/FAL in .260. I think that was the last time a Majpr PF rifle was used by the winner.

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

Btw, was this the first time a division at the multigun Nationals, other than HM, was won with a Major rifle?

From what I can tell looking at the results D. Horner did not get any additional penalties, which would lead one to believe that he was shooting Major PF in rifle.

A few years back the 3gun Nationals was won by a shooter with a FN/FAL in .260. I think that was the last time a Majpr PF rifle was used by the winner.

Alan

i believe he shot some tricked out ar in 6.5 grendel.

Rumor has it that it is as 6.5 Grendel necked up to 30 cal.

They (as in the AMU guys) were definitely using 6.5 Grendel brass and it looked like it was necked up to .30, but we didnt measure. It definitely made major though.

Edited by gose

Rumor has it that it is as 6.5 Grendel necked up to 30 cal.

They (as in the AMU guys) were definitely using 6.5 Grendel brass and it looked like it was necked up to .30, but we didnt measure. It definitely made major though.

yes it was

Glad to see everyone calmed down. I was working the match and Saturday morning everyone was talking about the flaming going on here. I was just a gofer but everyone was working their butts off and arbitration worked out just like it should. I think the reason all those other matches can have small rule books is because USPSA has written the big one. They don't have to spell out all the gun handling things in section 10, it's already been done. Shooters know you don't handle a gun except under the direction of an RO, it's not in the "outlaw" rules because it's been established as a rule. Every organization has problems, I'd never worked a match from start to finish, or even worked a match at all, and I was impressed with the way Dave, Matt, Carl and John kept it all going. Says quite a bit that DPMS, a group that has one of the biggest "outlaw" matches, was the title sponsor of this and the directors of another big "outlaw" match, JJ and Denise Johnson shot the Multi-Gun. I had a great time and learned a lot. I think I'm still sneezing dust...

Alan

That was me with the DSA FAL in .260 Rem and I did not win that year, I was 2nd in Limited. Bennie Cooley won. I think that was 2003. I gave up on the .260 as it was far too expensive to really compete with.

Yes, the Army did shoot major power factor rifles in .30 cal. (Cheaters with their big budgets and teams of armorers) I think that this will change the face of USPSA Multigun and IPSC Rifle but not (thank God), the outlaws.

I have started another thread about this topic.