Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< I don't know much about USPSA Multi gun I cant seam to find any thing on the USPSA web site.

I read in this thread, that the Nat match has not filled up in the past, But in order to plan the year It would be nice to know If I can get into the match ahead of time.

Will they offer slots like the handgun Nat? Is it the norm for the wait list open the same time as the Handgun Nat?

There is no waitlist or awarded slots for the Multi Gun Nats. When the application comes out you just sign up like any other non-National match. If you want to go, I'm sure you can get in if you send in an application soon after it comes out. Not 2 hours soon, but a couple weeks/month would probably be fine.

There is no waitlist or awarded slots for the Multi Gun Nats. When the application comes out you just sign up like any other non-National match. If you want to go, I'm sure you can get in if you send in an application soon after it comes out. Not 2 hours soon, but a couple weeks/month would probably be fine.

We sold out every 3 gun we had in Vegas. Don't wait to long after the apps are available!

• 2 weeks later...

We sold out every 3 gun we had in Vegas. Don't wait to long after the apps are available!

any idea when the app's will be posted? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I need to put in for VC time. What's up with the dates? They don't make sense to me.

October 21-25 => Weds (21) / Thurs / Friday / Sat / Sun (25)

Usually Thursday would be sign up day. Full day shooting Friday (4 stages?) and Saturday (4 stages?). 1/2 day on Sunday (2 stages).

What's with the Wednesday?

I need to put in for VC time. What's up with the dates? They don't make sense to me.

October 21-25 => Weds (21) / Thurs / Friday / Sat / Sun (25)

Usually Thursday would be sign up day. Full day shooting Friday (4 stages?) and Saturday (4 stages?). 1/2 day on Sunday (2 stages).

What's with the Wednesday?

Registration on Wed, 4 stages on Thu, 4 on Fri , 4 on Sat and 2 on Sun? :D (one can always hope, right?)

Edited by gose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah my check was cashed, but nothing from USPSA, it must be that Dikel Foit guy and all his buddies sitting around head quarters drinking beer and slapping themselves on the back, because we all know no one at USPSA does anything but wait till the last minute to announce when the match will be held. No wait blame Endersby, Bond, and the rest of the area directors, lazy volunteers not doing everything I want when I want. If this keeps up I'm not going to renew my membership ... oh I don't have to renew, ever.

Seriously talking to some of the folks involved they have been doing a lot of work, should be a good match.

Talked to Carl Schmidt a few weeks ago and he said the same thing. Its not going to be at Desert Lakes. Apparently they are going to turn Desert Lakes into a gravel quarry or something since there is more money in it.

Talked to Carl Schmidt a few weeks ago and he said the same thing. Its not going to be at Desert Lakes. Apparently they are going to turn Desert Lakes into a gravel quarry or something since there is more money in it.

Sure would be nice if this is true to see it on the USPSA web sight. Should not be a big deal as it is only about 3 or 4 miles away from the Desert Lake range. Have not been to this range but em going to take a drive out that way tommorow>>>>> :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled over this:

Dear Valued Customers,

It is with great sadness that we must inform you that we will be closing our doors on June 30th, 2009. Try as we might, we have not been successful in renewing our lease moving forward. We strongly urge you to please visit us and use up any targets left on your shooting cards as we will not be offering any refunds.

Thank you for all of your support, your patronage over the last couple of years, and for the sense of community you helped us build here at Desert Lake. We wish you all the best. Please pass this along to your friends and help us spread the word.

Thank You,

Desert Lake Management

here: http://www.desertlakeshooting.com/index.html

The closure of DLSC is certainly a tough loss for the shooting community here in Vegas. It was an awesome place to shoot and Jared had great plans for the future; especialy with regards to practical shooting. He's a great guy and I'm sure we'll continue to see him involved in the local shooting scene.

That being said, El Prez has made good progress towards finding an alternate venue in the Las Vegas area. I expect that something will be posted soon on the USPSA Nat'ls webpage with all the details.

This was certainly a nasty surprise for everyone involved at this end. It creates some challenges for sure. However, they're challenges that can and are being overcome. Rest assured; the 3-Gun Shooters here in Vegas remain committed to doing everything we can to make this a great match.

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

Sin City Shooters 3Gun MD