Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked, and was told, By Mike V that there is plenty of room from bay to bay to drive around and stage out of your personal tactical comand vehicle.

but that some of the ranges may have a 100 yard walk due to terrian. . .

now this was a week or two ago so things might change . . .?

MV is correct in that there is a lot of open parking. The problem is you can never tell how folks will use the space. There is also a separate parking area for stages 1 & 2 that will require us to haul our gear 100 yd.s or so. I'm planning to bring my cart just in case (easy for me to say 'cause I live here). That said, I'm sure I could get to everything on foot from 2 or 3 parking spots if I needed to.

I've attached a sketch of the range layout.

Will advise on the sight-in bay.

BRPC_Range_Layout_30_Jul_09.pdf

MV is correct in that there is a lot of open parking. The problem is you can never tell how folks will use the space. There is also a separate parking area for stages 1 & 2 that will require us to haul our gear 100 yd.s or so. I'm planning to bring my cart just in case (easy for me to say 'cause I live here). That said, I'm sure I could get to everything on foot from 2 or 3 parking spots if I needed to.

I've attached a sketch of the range layout.

Will advise on the sight-in bay.

BRPC_Range_Layout_30_Jul_09.pdf

1&2 look strange-in looking at the google earth layout, looks like those areas are open w/o berms. same with 12.

Hey, anybody know if buckshot will be allowed? We shot an MGM swinger at Pala on Sunday, and it pretty much takes buck to turn it over. I used #6 heavies, and couldn't spin it after 5 rounds. Some of the guys used 2 rounds of buck, and it was zooming by the 2nd round.

Hey, anybody know if buckshot will be allowed? We shot an MGM swinger at Pala on Sunday, and it pretty much takes buck to turn it over. I used #6 heavies, and couldn't spin it after 5 rounds. Some of the guys used 2 rounds of buck, and it was zooming by the 2nd round.

no rule against it...unless stated otherwise. every 3 gun nats i've shot you got along fine with birdshot. except in reno shooting those poppers through the sagebrush at 30+ yards. having said that, i always take a box of high base 4's or 6's along.

I can guarantee there won't be any of those things at Nationals. Not a legal target for USPSA.

BRPC has agreed to allow us to use one of their 100 yd. bays for sight-in on Thursday afternoon only from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ONLY.

1) The sight-in bay is for rifles only.

2) We'll use the southern most of the "Members" bays.

3) There will be 4-5 target stands placed at the back berms.

4) There will be an RO on duty for safety.

5) This will be the only live-fire oppurtunity at the BRPC Range until the match begins on Friday morning.

Same info. to be posted later today on the USPSA Nat'ls webpage.

See Y'all Soon

BRPC has agreed to allow us to use one of their 100 yd. bays for sight-in on Thursday afternoon only from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ONLY.

5) This will be the only live-fire oppurtunity at the BRPC Range until the match begins on Friday morning.

See Y'all Soon

Looks like signs ups are going pretty good, and the organization leading up to the match is really well done. The stages are impressive especially with the amount of long range rifle targets. Now if I can keep my shotgun running it should be a great match.

Edited by ap3

See Y'all Soon

Looks like signs ups are going pretty good, and the organization leading up to the match is really well done. The stages are impressive especially with the amount of long range rifle targets. Now if I can keep my shotgun running it should be a great match.

#1 reasonably powered factory ammo

#2 positive thoughts

#3 backup gun?

I fixed mine after A6 too.

Good luck out there.

See Y'all Soon

#1 reasonably powered factory ammo

#2 positive thoughts

#3 backup gun?

I fixed mine after A6 too.

Good luck out there.

If my Browning doesn't run flawless at this match I am giving up and converting to an FN I just bought. I will be leaning heavy on the positive thoughts, and I wish you were going with us.

Kelly, the rumor I had heard was that 10 shooters were required to recognize the division and at my last count there were not ten signed up, it would appear that the problems faced by iron sight shooters at other matches along with the poor showing of USPSA Nationals matches has caused a sense of futility in that division????????

:unsure: Trapr

Kelly, the rumor I had heard was that 10 shooters were required to recognize the division and at my last count there were not ten signed up, it would appear that the problems faced by iron sight shooters at other matches along with the poor showing of USPSA Nationals matches has caused a sense of futility in that division????????

:unsure: Trapr

Looks like four more are needed, based on the squad site.

APPENDIX A2 — USPSA

Recognition

Prior to the commencement of a match, the organizers must

specify which Division(s) will be recognized.

Unless otherwise specified, USPSA sanctioned matches will

recognize Divisions and Categories based on the number of

registered competitors who actually compete in the match,

based on the following criteria:

1. Divisions

Level I and Level II A minimum of 5 competitors

per Division (recommended)

Level III / Nationals A minimum of 10 competitors

per Division (mandatory)

Dems da rules.

I hope those who attend will be able to honestly say at the close of the event at this was the best USPSA Multigun Nationals ever!

I have my fingers crossed and my mind open. Or the antithesis....we will see.

Patrick

here's 3 years worth of 3 gun entry data. the 2009 MG nationals are as of today, based only on entries.

There definitely needs to be some rule changes for categories to straighten things out. I think that would help participation and category clarity...

A

I concur!!! how does rule changes increase division clarity and participation??????????

trapr

Here is a concept I am looking at bringing up to the Board reguarding USPSA multi gun matches.

I am proposing a rule to allow matches to make limited and heavy metal divisions into catagories if participation does not warrant them being stand alone divisions. This way there will be recognition for irons and the HM guys. I know a catagory is not really the same as a division but it beats just getting dumped into tactical and forgotten.

Input?

How about just limiting the number of entries in a division, say 100. If you want to shoot the match and your division of choice is full, then change to a non full division?????????

Although that is not the ANSWER to the problem its just a band aid, just like your suggestion. If targets were ................................................nevermind the horse is well beaten!!!!!

OOOOOOO!!!! wait if we just make Tactical, Red Dot or 1x optics only, and all other optics are considered OPEN division, then maybe it can generate more participation in the other divisions!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog