Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hypothetical question. Please don't make any political commentary with your answers...but..

Just suppose - you have an amount of money - say...$2,500.00 - you can tie up for a period of time by Speculating on the Component/gun/magazine/bullet/etc. market. (so to speak).

What supply will dry up or cease to exist?

What would you buy?

To start it off.. I (impulsively) bought a Saiga Shotgun today. :wacko:

I have or would hypothetically speaking invest in AR and AK type weapons as well as high capacity mags. Those would be the first to take a major price jump and would be very easy to turn hypothetically speaking of course.

Edited by ofcrfs242

Hypothetically speaking, I would buy every $200 1911 I could find. Oh and maybe another vibra prime.

Word.

Are you wanting to make money on the resale?, or merely wanting to insure your fun options?

Making money is secondary for sure..... But....... B)

Edited by Merlin Orr

I would say the things that are already getting scarce. Primers, (of all sorts) ,AR lowers or complete rifles, High cap mags, Pretty much any small caliber ammo, 9, 40, 45, or 5.56. Just my speculation. If it was banned before, it may soon be again. Oh, I almost forgot Beta mags.

Edited by waxman

Along the lines of SA Friday, secure storage of what you already have might be a good idea. With people being out of work and things being hard to buy, it's probably going to be more appealing to take a chance on stealing your stuff. I already have dogs, but am thinking about an alarm system or maybe building a vault of some sort. If that's not a concern then I'd spread the $2,500 equally among guns, mags, and components.

If I had $ 2500, I'd probably buy a case of AR mags ( Pmags if I could ) & a genuine Colt/Armalite/Bushmaster AR15 rifle from the factory.

Reason being that both seem to be in demand regardless of what ever else is going on. You will not lose money.

I am more concerned with WHO to buy from.

I will not give in to the gouging BS that is going on nor will I ever buy anything from any company or anyone behind it.

Cheaper then dirt is/was selling PMAGs for $40 and showing an MSRP of 59.00 (A great savings of 19.00) BS>BS<BS

If everybody keeps their pants on and lets the supply catch up with the demand we will be ok. More importantly join the NRA, call your Govt rep, be vocal.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...this whole thing pisses me off. Why don't they ban golf clubs instead

Edited by GIO

Buy what you can not make.

primers, powder.

I invested in casting,

now I can make much of what I need,

Hypothetically speaking,

Wise advice. Value of things, to me at least, is:

-anything imported. Buy now what you want right now.

-anything you can't make or buy later. To me, that is: LEAD based primers, powder, rifled barrels (especially imported ones) and reliable magazines over 10 rounds.

-title II firearms such as supressors, particularly via the trust/corp route.

I agree with previous posts, anything banned before could/will be banned again. Therefore I recently purchased a CZ and a Benelli. I also located some SV mags and bought those too. I think primers and bullets will start to come down now that China isn't buying as much metal as they were in the past.