Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

Since there wasn't an option that read, "I can barely afford to load enough ammo keep up with our shooting schedule", I chose "When I get low".

I also looked for an option like, "If I have 500 rounds loaded, I'm going to go out and shoot 400 of them....TODAY! (so I'm always *almost* out)"

I buy what I can, when I have the $$$. Primers are easy to get over-stocked on, since they come 5K at a time.

Bullets are not. With what I shoot right at $100 per K right now, that puts most of my bullet orders at about $800 a pop. :surprise:

That'll slow ya down! :rolleyes:

I buy quite a bit at a time. 15K - 25k primers, 16 - 28 lbs powder, 15K - 30K bullets. Then, after using about 5K I start to think I'm getting low. "My God what if I can't get supplies for whatever reason ... AHHH"... and I buy more.

Is there a support group for me? Am I a hoarder or a whore? Am I alone?

I buy when I need and when I see a deal. Or feel like it. Maybe that's why I have soooooo many primers and not enough of the rest...

LOL! Every time I go to this one reloading store to get a pound or two of powder, I walk out with a pound or two of powder and a case of primers! :roflol:

I buy when I need and when I see a deal. Or feel like it. Maybe that's why I have soooooo many primers and not enough of the rest...

LOL! Every time I go to this one reloading store to get a pound or two of powder, I walk out with a pound or two of powder and a case of primers! :roflol:

Gotta make that powder you bought go boom don't ya?

Primers are a must :cheers:

Gotta make that powder you bought go boom don't ya?

Primers are a must :cheers:

Yea but 'ya don't even need 1,000 primers to burn a pound of powder in Open blasters, let alone 5K! :ph34r:

I buy ONLY when my WIFE ALLOWS me to buy.... :rolleyes:

I know the feeling.

I have managed to do well this month at alocal sale tho :unsure: At least until SWMBO saw the $250 receipt :surprise: . At least I was able to pass some of it off for her CCW class (needed Jacketed bullets for the indoor range).

I used to hoard, and then burnt through my back stock back around 2002 to 2003 figuring that ammo would always be cheap. :angry: Wrongo. Now I just buy as much as I need to get through a month or so. Lately I've been shooting through 1500-2000 rounds per month, so I'm still buying 3-5K of everything at a pop.

Only being able to select one makes this poll...suck. :ph34r:;)
Since there wasn't an option that read, "I can barely afford to load enough ammo keep up with our shooting schedule", I chose "When I get low".

I also looked for an option like, "If I have 500 rounds loaded, I'm going to go out and shoot 400 of them....TODAY! (so I'm always *almost* out)"

These seem to mirror my circumstances. :rolleyes: