Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Lubrication for Glocks

G17Racing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLP on the barrel, and slide glide #1 on the connector and rails.

I have a AGI DVD called "Making Glocks Rock" and the instructor is a minimalist - use just a little bit of CLP in a few selected places. I have been following his advise and it works. I recently tried a little Slide Glide #1 on the rails and really liked that, so my current routine is the same as PB.

FWIW, you could probably run a Glock for 10000 rounds without doing any more than hosing it down once and a while, but a little CLP or MilSpec is really all you need.

Honestly, I don't think it matters that much. When I first got my current Glock 17 (residing in a holster under my jacket as I type this) I lubed it with, if memory serves, Wilson's Ultima-Lube. I'm coming up on 15k rounds now, with no malfs (save one failure to light off a round of Wolf 9mm with ultra-hard primers) and I think I've cleaned the thing once. One of the great things about Glocks is they don't really require huges amounts of cleaning, or lubrication, or the "best" lubricant to run like a sewing machine.

Hey all I trying to arrive at the best possible lubrication for my Glock17;

and by extension for all Glock users in general.

At present I'm using the Hoppes clear lubricant; its Ok but not the best; I

keep getting a sort of beading action sorta like oil to water something on the

crucifix on the trigger bar, connector etc. the main thing is that oil doesnt stay put.

When I was at the IDPA nationals PA I visited the Glock booth and the rep

showed me a grease for the working parts, connector, trigger bar etc.

but I cant seem to remember the name of the product.

What I do remember is that it comes in a sorta syringe type applicator

with a very fine tip for accuracy when applying.

Lets see what we can come up with.

If you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, I'll send you a sample of Mil-COMM TW25b. Then, you can decide for yourself.

MLE

PO Box 8998

Cranston, RI 02920-0988

That goes for anybody else reading this post.

Oh, by the way.... Use the TW25b on all friction points that can be reached. Apply MC2500 into hard to reach places. Non toxic, high heat tolerances, good at low temps, doesn't attract dirt and such... Good stuff.

Edited by MLE-ShootingSports

I finally found what the one I was shown at the match it was indeed the TW25B .5oz by Mil-Comm

This works great, for the mating surface between connector and trigger bar and the Hoppes for everything else

I am still yet to try the Slide Glide #1... ordered some

Hey man that gun will run well with just freaking dirt. I use the TW-25 B because I'm given it, and it works well. I put that shit on my friends gun and he still fires it with the same coat I put on after 3 years. Yeah three years, he hasn't cleaned the gun and there is still a fine layer of white on there. Runs, runs, runs

It all works, but for some reason I just like the TW

Peace

Hey Mike interested in aquiring a sample as I was only just given a lube up right before the match.

Does the sample come with an applicator as well?

The samples come in a little packet. Sort of like a ketchup packet. But, there's plenty in there, because a little goes a long way with this stuff. You can use a toothpick or something to do detailed lubing. If you like it and want to buy some, it comes in a syringe applicator, a small tube and a big tube. It also comes in a handy wiper packet and an aerosol in a CLP form.

It comes in a jar if you want it that way, but I'd have to special order it. I carried it for awhile, but a jar will last the average shooter two lifetimes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Everybody is welcome to take me up on the offer.

While just about anything works well with the Glock, my preferred lube is Slide Glide. When I tear the gun down to clean it, Slide Glide is what I suggest using to re-lube. In between cleanings, I just add a drop of oil in the right places and rock on.

I use it on the reloading press (Dillon) too. And, works great on the door hinges in the house too.

Brian even has it in the little tubes now: Slide Glide in Brian's Store <clickity>

Honestly, I don't think it matters that much. When I first got my current Glock 17 (residing in a holster under my jacket as I type this) I lubed it with, if memory serves, Wilson's Ultima-Lube. I'm coming up on 15k rounds now, with no malfs (save one failure to light off a round of Wolf 9mm with ultra-hard primers) and I think I've cleaned the thing once. One of the great things about Glocks is they don't really require huges amounts of cleaning, or lubrication, or the "best" lubricant to run like a sewing machine.

Amen. I thought that the whole point of a glock was the high likelihood of it functioning under conditions that would make my 1911's cry.

Amen. I thought that the whole point of a glock was the high likelihood of it functioning under conditions that would make my 1911's cry.

Me too. It boils down to a drop of Break Free CLP on the recommended lube points, if and when I remember to do it.

You guys use lube on your GLOCKS?!?!

Whew, I thought I was the only one thinking that. I mean, I put a couple of drops on it after I clean it, but that's only once or twice a year at most. After all, it is a Glock.

-Cuz.

For those of you questioning and saying thats what Glocks are made for; harsh conditions; and if they require lube at all just bear in mind that a lubed Glock will shoot more smoothly and efficiently than one that is not...this has been proven.

So if this is the case dont you think it neccessay to find what works best for you. Engine oil might work for some guys but to others it may be a bit too messy when dirty, and so forth there are pros and cons to each of them, be it temperature tollerances, smell, viscosity etc.

Just bear these factors in mind.

Like the suggestion for Astroglide... "multi purpose lube"...funny!!! ;)