Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holy inflation bat man

GentlemanJim

Yes, I have noticed specific to ARs, parts, mags, etc., what was available at some of the houses as recently as yesterday is not available today. As such, it appears some are really jacking up their prices.

Edited by cpty1

It's not inflation Gentleman Jim. I's called screwing you cuz we can, it's like the bullet prices. I saw a brick of Rem Thunderbolt .22 at Farm and Fleet [a cheap place] for $24.00. Last Dec they were $9.00. Of course, there is no relationship to the metals increase and the price. Like why do plated lead bullets from Berry or Rainier cost the same [about] as FMJ from Precision Delta or M.G.???

I was going to post a thread about panic buying the other day but held back. I was looking around town for a good deal on a 10/22 and in one of the shop I heard the owner saying something about sales went up 10% to 15% in the last two weeks as people are panic buying for whatever they can for now. Didn't pay too much attention and on to the next store; kinda asked a salesperson about it and did confirm. Yesterday, I started to look around for PMAGS and the places I normally get them cheap don't have them in stock. Don't want to make anything of it; but then this thread.

Edited by norbs007

The only thing I've encountered so far is wait/lead times.

I ordered some LPKs and uppers yesterday for some customers and the lead times (a week ago) were 1 week. Today they are 3-6 weeks, but no price changes.

It's all about supply and demand...It is possible that there may be only about 2 months left of manufacturing left to supply the demand for that product for all of eternity. Look at class 3 stuff that could be had for cheap in the 70's which is practically priceless now. This is dangerously close to going political in a big hurry. I had to self edit 3 times in 2 sentences.

I bought a bunch of stuff over the last month figuring this was going to happen, some of it I needed and some just to have on hand. I will continue to consume certain shooting related products at the highest rate I am able to financially until further notice.

Went to buy another AR lower identical to the one I bought 2 months ago. Same dealer..... price went from $105 to $175 $179 since last week when I looked at it. I decided to pass on it and bought replacement parts for every pin and spring and extra mags.... at another dealer. Insanity.

Edited by ChrisStock

I found most of the stuff I needed...had to look hard to find them in stock anywhere.

some stuff is still back ordered...and has been for a while <_<

I just hate the scalpers that are about to rip off folks that dont do their homework :angry:

Jim

Bad time right now to buy AR related stuff. Panic buying due to current events and manufacturers / wholesalers rising prices immediately to take advantage.

We were told by a large manufacturer of stripped lowers on 11/5 that the price went up $25 and there was no longer a +10 discount. We typically buy 50 or more. The price we would pay is now more than we are currently charging. When they come in, the price will be around $160 or so, a 50% increase. The 4 main supply houses we deal with are now all out of Ar's and related rifles after having 100's in stock 2 weeks ago. Here in AZ, buyers are taking everything off the shelves. 1994 all over again.

Bad thing is, there is no need to panic buy, yet. And the resulting void in inventories will leave the supply chain screwed up for a few months. There won't be much available for a while and when it is, it will cost more.

I told my wife on monday that I may be buying stuff on Wednesday. I called for some AR lowers on monday, supplier told me he had 80. Same supplier was called on Wednesday, zero in stock. That's fast. I picked up mine for $100 ea at a local store wednesday evening. They had four left. I took a couple and somebody came in right behind me and took the other two.

Shooters Connection still had tan Pmags on Wednesday. I didn't buy ALL of them...but tan was about all they had left.

Panic buying? Nope. Well, maybe. But I will be more prepared than I was last time. I'm not buying so I can resell later at a profit. I'm buying stuff I may want in the future. A $200 tax stamp is next on my list. I heard that is going up A LOT within the next 4 years.

My local mom n' pop gun shop reported very brisk sales of anything that goes bang. Didn't check prices but knowing the owner he wouldn't live with himself if he scalped.

About a month ago I picked up a new Armalite AR for $850. Not a steal but a decent deal.