Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Chroming

tomgallup

Accurate Plating and Weaponry supports competition shooting. At my first USPSA Nationals I snagged a AP&W certificate off the prize table which Bob had donated. I had them plate an aluminum-framed 1911 and it came out great.

I have personally had customer service and quality control issues with Fords, and will not be using them again.

I recently saw a gun plated with Ion Bond that had a very noticeable area where the Ion Bond plating had already flaked off. That certainly should not be happening.

If you want a matte finish Metalife does a nice job, they didn't offer anything other than matte finishes the last time I talked to them. The truest color and evenness I have ever seen comes from Accurate Plating though, no matter what the base material is.

:surprise:

Plate-Tacular uses a cobalt chrome like finish, its a little darker in color.

Daniel does a heck of a job I think.

He is a chemistry teacher so he knows the chemical make up.

Ive had several guns done with Daniel and he is good!!!! :bow:

Jim/PA

Sailors

From talking to Ron Mahovsky at Metalife, their finish is what some derisively call "flash plating", i.e. they leave it in the tank a very short amount of time. Thing is, in my experience (I had a gun Metalifed years ago), the flash plating gives you all the wear resistance you could ever want - so what's the big deal?