Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 SMM3G - Mesa, AZ (3/26 > 3/29/2009)

Good match. A pretty good mix of everything but I would have liked more long range rifle but that isnt going to happen without turning it into a bug hunt.

My only complaint sounds just like my same whine from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Paint the friggin rifle steel or use some sore of contrasting backer. Please.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy am I getting a lot of chiding in P.M.s.... NO I DID NOT SHOOT A SCOPED RIFLE!!!!!!

I shot my IRON SIGHTED RIFLE (that I always shoot) IN TAC SCOPE!! You might say I shot the whole match on 1X :roflol: KurtM

And you kicked some butt with it too! 6th place with irons in Tac Scope.

My match went better than I expected. The only problem I had with the targets were the ones I forgot to shoot at. 3 FTE penalties for the match <_< .

Oh yea, the barrels too. The barrel where the rifle was stored on stage 5 decided it wanted to keep my mag cinch and second magazine. I yanked my rifle out of the barrel and parts went flying. I thought my PMag(s) had exploded for a second and I didn't have any spare magazines on me!

Thanks to all the RO's, match staff and sponsors who put in all the time and effort so we can come out and play. Also bit thanks to MGM Targets and Irvington Arms for taking care of me.

Chris S.

Edited by Chris

Cool videos and thanks for putting them online for those of us who could not get by the 'lottery".

CONGRATULATIONS to Pat Kelley for placing 3rd OVERALL shooting in the HM class with nothing but ' "Power Tools" with iron sights.

Sounds like another great match and be sure to thank the Match Staff and organizers as well as all the SPONSORS who give so much to this match.

Cool videos and thanks for putting them online for those of us who could not get by the 'lottery".

??? Lottery, the match never filled ???

It was a premier match as usual with a well rounded palet. The only thing I missed was more long range targets !!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Boy am I getting a lot of chiding in P.M.s.... NO I DID NOT SHOOT A SCOPED RIFLE!!!!!!

I shot my IRON SIGHTED RIFLE (that I always shoot) IN TAC SCOPE!! You might say I shot the whole match on 1X :roflol: KurtM

I wonder if Kurt has had some sort of bionic implant? Maybe he was shooting at 1x and then again maybe he wasn't......

:roflol:

-ld

I wonder if Kurt has had some sort of bionic implant? Maybe he was shooting at 1x and then again maybe he wasn't......

-ld

I don't think so but on occasion I fire rounds on zero power a.k.a. eyes shut.

Patrick

??? Lottery, the match never filled ???

Who could tell. I know of at least a couple people who could not get answers in a timely manner as to whether the match was filled or not. I also know of at least one shooter who was told he couldn't get into the match on Wednesday or so. I used to look forward to the SMM3G every year. This was the first time since I started going that I've skipped it. I doubt I'll be going back until some of the match admin changes.

-ld

I don't think so but on occasion I fire rounds on zero power a.k.a. eyes shut.

Patrick

Zero power is how I shot stage 3! No contacts and not able to see the sights and the targets at the same time through my glasses. Not fun. Oh well those no shoot targets should have run for cover after I took the first one out anyway!

-ld

Anybody see this bad boy in action or have Video of it in action. I heard that Robert was double tapping the steel with slugs at 60yds on stage 7 like he was shooting at a paper target at 5 yds. I also heard that it was one of the only Sagias that ran good all weekend!!

post-8979-1238892591_thumb.jpg

Yep, saw it run and it ran great. His magazines were huge, reloads went great and the whole affect was awesome - like no or very little gun movement.

One of the other Saiga's on that squad had a bit of trouble initially with the 30-round drum magazine. After a few initial hicups it started to run nicely. But I only saw them on one or two stages.

Edited by Viggen

Anybody see this bad boy in action or have Video of it in action. I heard that Robert was double tapping the steel with slugs at 60yds on stage 7 like he was shooting at a paper target at 5 yds. I also heard that it was one of the only Sagias that ran good all weekend!!

BD By what I saw we tube feeders are in TROUBLE !!!!!

Ya Larry I think you need to step up and spend a little cash!!!

BD

Ya Larry I think you need to step up and spend a little cash!!!

BD

got the heifer out looken for a 3rd job as we speak :cheers:

:roflol: Larry - be nice! Your lovely bride will not tolerate any unrulyness!!!

Was able to get into the match on the last day - just love last minute decisions! Good match and good squad, we shared some good laughs. Seeing Kurt and Trapr tear things up on 1x was a worth the drive. I would have liked a mulligan on a rifle/pistol memory stage. Rocketting past targets is a big...DOH :surprise:<_<

Edited by Sterling White

I also know of at least one shooter who was told he couldn't get into the match on Wednesday or so.

Oh really? Well... There was one person that asked to shoot-through the match on Saturday/Sunday (no Friday). I did tell them we could do Fri/Sat - but not Sat/Sun as Sunday is only a half day.

A2Chic :ph34r: