Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Linda Chico

hopalong

Linda has got to be one of the BEST if not THE BEST statisticians around (yes there are others, and Joy Hyden instantly comes to mind) but,

8 minutes from last shot fired to FINAL posting at the TN sectional (138 shooters with 4 recognized divisions, and all 6 represented).

Thanks Linda. :cheers::wub:

Hopalong

Oh, forgot to add:

And NO PALM Pilots either !!!

Edited by hopalong

Big plus 1. Fast, efficient, accurate, friendly, - and modest as heck to boot. AND - she's a volunteer!! Linda - you are a sweet-heart; please know how much we all appreciate you.

Linda has got to be one of the BEST if not THE BEST statisticians around (yes there are others, and Joy Hyden instantly comes to mind) but,

8 minutes from last shot fired to FINAL posting at the TN sectional (138 shooters with 4 recognized divisions, and all 6 represented).

Hopalong

Oh, forgot to add:

Yes - thank you Linda!!!

Not only does she get the scores entered quickly but she also prepares all of the results information that is needed to give out the awards...and while that may sound simple, it is definitely VERY tedious work, as I learned the hard way a couple of years ago. And as usual, with her help and how it is presented, the awards ceremony goes off without a hitch.

So thank you again Linda, I have definitely learned a thing or two from you about how this 'behind the scenes' stuff works.

Edited by moverfive

Yes - thank you Linda!!!

Not only does she get the scores entered quickly but she also prepares all of the results information that is needed to give out the awards...and while that may sound simple, it is definitely VERY tedious work, as I learned the hard way a couple of years ago. And as usual, with her help and how it is presented, the awards ceremony goes off without a hitch.

So thank you again Linda, I have definitely learned a thing or two from you about how this 'behind the scenes' stuff works.

+1

thank you!

Hopalong

Oh, forgot to add:

Ooooh! A new record for Linda! Hmmmm. Wonder if she will be able to break 8 minutes at the S.C. Carolina Sectional next May? :devil:

Keep in mind that she not only scores our monthly matches, but provides food afterwards, too! :wub::D....... AND....she scores our Steel Challenge matches......AND.....of course the many 3 Gun matches....She definitely is the Stats Queen.

BTW, we will not let her move away from S.C.!

At the last local USPSA match we were successful in dragging her away from the computer so she could shoot. One of my friends (who got DQ'd for 180 on the second stage) was even cool enough to enter the rest of the scores after he DQ'd.

Linda, I won't be at the next one (Jr. Camp...YAY!), but Mike might be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thank you everyone. Although I have to admit, I am still laughing about Carlos' comment that I am 'modest.' Not even close :P

Big plus 1. Fast, efficient, accurate, friendly, - and modest as heck to boot. AND - she's a volunteer!! Linda - you are a sweet-heart; please know how much we all appreciate you.

What I am is honest. I get a lot of credit for hard work done by others. I don't work in a vacuum & if the RO staff is not top-notch, I cannot get done quickly. This is my big THANK YOU to all the staff at the TN section match. They busted their butts to make sure the score sheets got to me quickly & were accurate. We had very few re-shoots. I got extra help on Sunday to keep the scoresheets coming and get them verified after I entered them. And a very big thanks to Tom Duchmann who gave me part of his motor-home for stats, made breakfast every morning, and let me use his computer to post final results on USPSA while the awards were going on!

Looking forward to next year's TN match in Dickson.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 TN Section match statistician

And to my local shooters who chimed in -- clearly MCRC is a group effort. Don't want to think where I would be without Julie, Donnie, Tom, Jack, etc.

Linda is a straight shooter and calls a spade a spade. Much like myself. I respect her tremendously for that. She also knows what she is doing when it comes to scheduling and scoring a match in the most effective manner possible and has proven that time and time again. She is a true staple in our community and I for one am grateful we have her.

Shes got my vote for Member of the Month :cheers:

Add to that

Jane Fleming of Beach Bunny Software. The official Software of the IDPA Nationals. :D

Within 1 to 2 hours, the s results of the IDPA National 2008 were posted on the IDPA web site. :bow:

:cheers: Jane. :cheers: