Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleats with a twist...

SLM

Well, I've made up my mind I want a pair of cleats. Soo much slipping and sliding. I spent more time at a local match the other day worrying more about where my feet were gonna go than where my shots were gonna hit the targets. Not much fun.

Anyway, I went to Dick's tonight and tried on the Nike Landshark that seems to be quite popular and found out that, just like in every other pair of shoes I buy, I need Wide or EE width. 9.5's were the perfect length but WAY too tight and 10's were too long and not much wider.

I think the wides would be fine but I'm hesitant to order them and have to return them and I'd much rather try on shoes than order them anyway.

Has anybody found Wide cleats in stock anywhere? The only sports store locally is Dick's but I'm willing to travel a bit to try them on if necessary.

Most of us in the 45+ crowd find that at least for athletic shoes that you can not count on sizes even for the same maker year to year. Nike will fit me fine this year but not next. I can then swap over to another brand and they work fine for a year or two before someone changes the mold.

If you are not stuck on cleats, the way to go is New Balance. They make every size in every width and are the most consistent I have found in their sizes. Their cross trainer shoes have always worked well for me and you can order them from Cabelas which is always super about taking things back. The bad news is that at least as far as I know, they do not make cleats.

Zappos, they pay shipping back until you get the pair that fits.

I have wide feet too, but the next size bigger worked out great. My landsharks are brutal on my feet after a full match on hard surfaces but they work better than anything else I have tried.

Hello: I had the same problem with the Nike Landsharks. So I tried on some Nike hiking shoes mid height and they work great for most surfaces. I then went back to Academy after I shot a match that had slippery clay. I decided to try some Adidas football shoes on and guess what. They are wider and come in different widths as well. I bought the mid height shoe with the instep velcro strap. Great shoe for $26. You may also look at soccer, baseball or track field shoes. They also make some cool running/hiking shoes. If all else fails try some Crocs :roflol: Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

My feet are short and wide, with fairly high arches and New Balance is what I wear for "tennis" shoes and walking/work shoes. Good, comfortable, and they even seem to get the sizes right from style to style, etc. I can actually go to the store, pick up a pair and just buy them and they'll fit. A friend of mine went to the podiatrist and was told that NB were one of if not the best shoes made. They make practically all styles in wide widths too! And, YES... They do make cleats. Zappos.com has them but I'll admit to not wanting to spend the money on them for shoes that will only see maybe 6 or 8 hours of wear time a month.

I'll check out Foot Locker and the Under Armour ones also.

Thanks!!

if you got luau feet (that's local pidgin english for flat, wide feet) like me, the only brand of shoe I'll buy is new balance

and yes they now sell cleats.

http://www.nbwebexpress.com/category.asp?t...;showDetails=no

although my match shoes are mizuno baseball cleats, a former co-worker who owned a baseball equipment store turned me on to them. they are the only cleats that I can wiggle my toes in when they are laced up.

After arriving in Tulsa for the Nat's, 45dv8 wanted to try and find some cleats. We went Thursday am to a shoe carnival store and they had Nike Landsharks on display. Lo and behold they had 4 pairs of 13ee to fit my feet also.......so we both bought a pair.

I saw many shooters at Nationals wearing Addidas Cornerblitz football cleats.

I have a pair and they feel great.

They happenend to be on sale at the local Tulsa Academy Sports for $29.99.

Many people bought a pair to have a dry pair for the next day. Guys who don't even normally wear cleats bought them for the traction in the mud.

Good Luck

Thanks all. I ordered a pair of Land Sharks from Eastbay Sunday night after calling all over trying to find them anywhere within a 50 mile radius of me. Nobody had wides. Zappo's is out and had no idea when they would even be ordering more. I do have to give big props to Zappo's service. I emailed them to see when they were going to get some. They said they had no idea and pointed me to them at Nike's site. I emailed back to say thanks and that Nike didn't have my size, either, lol. They sent me the link to Eastbay! Now I don't know if they are owned by the same parent company or something but I was impressed that they dug up the link to the shoes at another company and sent it to me.

Now I have to hope Eastbay gets them sent out some time this week.

• 1 month later...