Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9L production list?

dcarter

It does not make since to approve the 9 Pro and 9L as two different models. What difference do the frame cuts and sights make? That is like saying all STI Limited guns must have the same frame cuts, sights etc with 2000 being produced exactly the same before they were approved.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie-

Do you happen to know which has sold the most, the 9L or the Pro? Thanks!

Last time I saw numbers we had produced more of the Pro by a couple hundred or so. If we were able to combine the models, we would have well been there by now. I don't know what the production schedule is after the holidays but I would imagine both will most likely hit the numbers in early spring.

All the best,

Julie

Here's a dilemma.

I want one of the Pro's. If I get it from Gunbrokers at a discount, the gun won't affect the production numbers. In order to raise the production numbers from S&W, I'll have to get it at a dealer, for retail. The dealer will that replace the gun from S&W, upping the count.

That's the pits. <_<

Here's a dilemma.

I want one of the Pro's. If I get it from Gunbrokers at a discount, the gun won't affect the production numbers. In order to raise the production numbers from S&W, I'll have to get it at a dealer, for retail. The dealer will that replace the gun from S&W, upping the count.

That's the pits. <_<

Are the numbers based on number SOLD or number PRODUCED?

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Here is a win/win. I ordered mine from Bud's Gun Shop, it was the best price I could find that was in stock and they have been out of Pro's for several weeks but looks like they are back in stock. You buy one here and they will surely order more.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advance...amp;x=0&y=0

And let's encourage everyone that wants a 5" M&P to purchase the 9 Pro so we can get it approved faster, lots of guys are buying the 9L and it is going to take twice as long now to get both approved.

Edited by hartzpad

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Here is a win/win. I ordered mine from Bud's Gun Shop, it was the best price I could find that was in stock and they have been out of Pro's for several weeks but looks like they are back in stock. You buy one here and they will surely order more.

And let's encourage everyone that wants a 5" M&P to purchase the 9 Pro so we can get it approved faster, lots of guys are buying the 9L and it is going to take twice as long now to get both approved.

Thanks.

Did it have one or two mags?

I don't think that demand is an issue for getting them to 2000 each. From what I've seen, supply is the problem. Since it is the production #'s that allow a pistol to make the approval list all we can do is wait for S&W to reach the numbers. There is obviously a plus side to having an item being produced in limited numbers be in demand..... You know your going to sell what you produce!!!! So S&W employees, enjoy the holidays with your families and when production restarts...... STEP IT UP!!!! :roflol:

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

As a 9L owner I would prefer we get it approved first. :wacko:

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Are you saying the guy on Gunbroker is not a dealer? If he is, how is he different than any other dealer? If he's not, why would you *want* to buy it from him?

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Are you saying the guy on Gunbroker is not a dealer? If he is, how is he different than any other dealer? If he's not, why would you *want* to buy it from him?

they do sell used guns on gunbroker, you know.

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Ahh yes... I read that in the respect of buying a NEW gun.

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Ahh yes... I read that in the respect of buying a NEW gun.

Or a new one that someone won at a match and wants to sell it.

Edited by 71Commander

Here's a dilemma.

That's the pits. <_<

Thanks.

Did it have one or two mags?

Comes with 2 mags and is eligible for the free 2 mag rebate. I love the sights and better trigger, makes it worth the $45 more over the 9L in my opinion.

Who makes the decisions that the M&P 9L and M&P Pro get counted differently? Is there any way to appeal? Is there a precedent for either argument?

I dont want to open a can of worms, here, but in my opinion, I dont see enough difference between the two, for S&W to even had made a "pro" series gun.

that would have meant I could have probably shot my Pro back last year at nationals.

Dont blame USPSA , blame..... the gun you chose to buy.

I still am going strong with my 4", had a 5" for a while, and will nor sure buy a 5" 40sw if/when one is available. :cheers:

I really appreciated S&W supporting our sport. I will probably buy either the L or the Pro. It would be cool if they plan to donate guns in 2009 that it is either the L or the Pro. Even if I have to pay $50 more to offset any cost for S&W... Just my 2Cs.

Hi everyone! Going to try to address as many questions as possible.

The 2000 requirement is those produced, not sold.

With the current numbers produced being close to equal for both models, I think that represents that people are equally interested in both.

As for donations, I think you will be happy with our upgrade options next year.

Finally, the decision to count the Pro & 9L separately is John Amidon's. I believe he makes the decision based on the rules established by the USPSA Board of Directors. USPSA/the BOD/John/Mike all do their part to establish rules for the sport and value the thoughts of the membership. I suggest contacting your area director first to get their thoughts on it. Of course, if I can help supply any info, please pass on my email to them.

Thanks,

Julie

With the current numbers produced being close to equal for both models, I think that represents that people are equally interested in both.

Finally, the decision to count the Pro & 9L separately is John Amidon's. I believe he makes the decision based on the rules established by the USPSA Board of Directors. USPSA/the BOD/John/Mike all do their part to establish rules for the sport and value the thoughts of the membership. I suggest contacting your area director first to get their thoughts on it. Of course, if I can help supply any info, please pass on my email to them.

Thanks,

Julie

Everybody who's reading this and agrees the numbers should be combined, needs to email their Area Director and Mike and ask why John's opinion that there has to be 2000 of each is correct. I've sent mine.

Thanks,

Julie

Everybody who's reading this and agrees the numbers should be combined, needs to email their Area Director and Mike and ask why John's opinion that there has to be 2000 of each is correct. I've sent mine.

The answer is simple. They have 2 different model numbers and feature different parts. If Smith had just made ONE model all this would have been a lot easier. What really is the purpose in the 9L anyway? Those that don't want a fiber in the front site can simply remove the fiber and fill the offending hole. Am I missing something here?

FYI.

The Area 6 Director (Charles Bond) has already responded to my email. This is the first he has heard of the 9L and Pro (he wasn't familiar with either), John's ruling and of the two not being combined being an issue among the membership.

I don't see any cause for a big battle over this. This a very popular pistol! The numbers will get there. I've had my 9L for a long while now and want to use it but I can waite a little while longer. The only question I have (just cause I'm curious) is to Julie. Do you have any idea where the production numbers stand for both models at this time?

The numbers don't mean a thing until S&W submits the paperwork to HQ. They know enough to do this when the numbers reach 2000 (if they take the time to do it!). I'm sure Julie can help this along.

Richard

I am assuming we are beyond 500 on the models. Has S&W submitted the paperwork for them to be legal in Limited?