Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new shooting buddy !

rvb

Reid Carrol B. was born on Friday 8/15 !!

He gets his name from both his Grandpa's middle names.

post-6093-1219191187_thumb.jpg

It's been a LONG week.... Mom B had been hurting for the last week or so and finally went to the Dr. (thought it was bad heartburn). Dr. admits her to the hospital and after a roller-coaster 3 days they had to do an emergency c-section Friday evening. Reid was 14 weeks early and weighs just 1 lb 14 oz. He'll be in Newborn-ICU for the next 3 months. He seems to be a fighter and is doing quite well. He's not out of the woods yet so we'll take all the prayers we can get.

Mom's doing better but still has a ways to go for recovery. I'm hoping getting home soon will speed her recovery (you can't get good rest in a hospital).

Thanks!

-rvb

Congrats! Prayers for both made. If this is your first your in for a ride. I have 3 (2 girls, 1 boy) and love them all but they do try your soul sometimes. Have you ever seen a 6 year old teenager? But that first "I love you dad" will make it worth it. Good luck.

Congrats on the new shooter! I'm a 3 time NICU dad and I know it's tough and a real roller coaster but just hang on; he'll do fine and be home with you in no time! Trust me, my first NICU baby starts kindergarten today :surprise:

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and prayers.

Mom came home from the hospital on 8/20 and is recoverring, although slowly.

Reid is doing well but still on resporator (probably will be for a while yet). Poor little dude. I got a picture of him 'holding' a new piece of 38-super brass I'll have to put up later... I don't know if he could quite wrap his hand around it or not!

It's going to be a long 3 months till he comes home.....

Thanks again!

-rvb

• 1 month later...

Reid got off the respirator on Wednesday. What an accomplishment! He's a whopping 2lb 11oz now.

He's still on pressurized oxygen support, but it sure beats having that tube down his throat.

Let's see, today he's 6 weeks old. Our goal is to have him home at Thanksgiving...

-rvb

• 1 month later...

Reid is 12 weeks old today! He hit the 5 pound mark yesterday.

It looks like we may be bringing him home Sunday or Monday. He'll be coming home on oxygen and apnea monitor. With the exception of his lung development things have been going pretty well. The sleepless nights will begin soon!

-rvb

Our son came home on Monday!

It's been quite a week... we ended up back in the ER last night... he got congested and kept having heart rate drops and was very lethargic. A blue baby is not a good thing. But he's better today. This parenthood thing is stressful!

But it's nice being home vs spending all our time at the hospital.

The only downside is being "tethered" to the oxygen and monitors but that will pass in time.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. While he still has a way to go in healing and growing, he has come a very very long way so far.

-rvb

post-6093-1226683762_thumb.jpg

Edited by rvb