Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dante's Inferno Test

ErikW

Take the Dante's Inferno test

I'm with the heretics...

The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 6 times.

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this one once before. I was locked up with the Heretics, in Dis if I remember correctly. Fans of this test may enjoy Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's book Inferno. It is a modern retelling of the story and it is a blast (of hellfire no doubt) to read.

-ld

this one's fun:

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low

Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very Low

Level 2 Lustful Very High

Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate

Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low

Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low

Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Extreme

Level 7 Violent High

Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High

Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous High

Me:

The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 7 times.

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Seventh Level of Hell!

Seventh Level of Hell

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

Sounds like a gun nut to me.

Looks like I scored perfectly in the middle of Level I-Limbo (Virtuous non-believers) and Level II (Lustful) of Hell.

Second Level of Hell

Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate

I'm perfectly satisfied with the company here! :lol::lol::lol:

showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe.

It sucks to be you, Duane.

BTW, I've put "Dante Alighieri" Easter eggs in various publications. If you ever come across a software manual with him as an example user name, that was probably me.

You guys just arent "sinful" enough... I guess. The test couldn't FIND a level deep or terrible enough for the brandishing SiG Lady!!! :ph34r: Is there such a place as Level 10...? The test is still looking for it...!! :o

"Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine..."

Since they don't have a tenth level I guess I'm in the deepest rift of the ninth tier of hell. I'm going to Cocytus, the ninth level. The description sounds like a family reunion.

Sig Lady - tenth level?!? Way to think outside the box.

Skywalker and I are going to hang out together
B) me too B)

Jim

Looks like the second level is going to be a shooters-crowded place B) .

Who's willing to bring targets and tape? :D

Oh, and by the way, since it is better not to forget the main reason we are there...

Cleo and Helen are a good start...

...but we definitely need some more female company!

Can anyone volunteer to print invitations and send them to, let's say, Messalina, Lady Godiva, Mata Hari, etc.? :lol::lol::lol:

I've got the tape and targets, but it makes me wonder what will they to in the depths of Hell, like Sig Lady and Orca . It isn't hot beyond shorts and T shirts where we are, but you guys in 7+ must be really suffering.

I believe those of us in the deepest places of hell are actually in management training. When we get Falwell down hear we’ll raise enough money to get the place air-conditioned.

Where did all the range lawyers come from?!?

Down here "in the depths" they let us shoot magnums in league action.... :D The hotter and noisier the better!

(I still think the survey didn't quite like how I answered the question about the relativity of morals. It had no sense of humor.) :lol::lol::lol:

(music up and under) ..."Bad girls.... la, la, la, la, lah, Talkin' bout bad girls..." dance, dance, dance, thumpa, thumpa... (music slow fade)