Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Examples of unacceptable conduct include...

Flexmoney

So, here I am running this complicated stage at the Area 8 match. I give the squad their walk-through, show them the activators and give them their 5 minutes.

We happened to have a safe area on our shooting bay. I soon see one of the shooters over there and he is frustratingly working at his gun. No joy coming from him at all. I'm feeling bad for him. Here he is at a big Area match, paid his money, travel, all of that and everything else...and now his gun is broken. I am thinking, not only is the broken gun a frustration and a distraction, but he is having to work on it during his 5 minutes...missing out on his chance to look over this complicated cof.

Next thing I hear is him yelling toward his squad (who is still busy looking the stage over during the squad's 5 minutes) and saying something along the lines of, "f*#k with me all you want, but don't f*#k with my gun!"

Well...that gets my attention.

Turns out, one of his squad-mates...in an attempt to be funny(?)...had stuffed a string of pasters and paper deep up into his mag well while the gun was on his holster. It took tools to poke and pull this stuff out.

I had no words. But...I found a few. Then the Range Master came by and found a few more.

The moral of this story is...don't get DQ'ed over some silly behavior. If you want to have fun and play grab-ass with your buddies...that's fine. Just don't do anything that is going to interfere with their game...or slow down the match for the other 315 shooters that came out to compete and have fun.

Ooooh, that is an accident waiting to happen. Good post, Flex. There is a time and place for everything, and with safety being a primary focus of ours, no shooter should be doing that with another. Tells us a great deal about that one shooter. Actually, the moral should be "get DQ'd over silly behavior". What better way to communicate a point!

Hope he got a good talking too that stuck to him like those pasters did in that other fellows gun.

Edited by vluc

Yeah, I'd agree that is DQ'able.

Actually, I'd say whoever got the DQ is lucky that is all they got. I know more than few shooters who are good natured but would knock your block off for messing with their holstered firearm.

I'd consider that sabotage, and worthy of a DQ for Unsportsmanlike Conduct!

Its one thing to have fun when between stages or lunch ( but no screwing with other peoples guns though) but from the time the brief is given and untill everyone in the squad is finished with the stage, one should remain professional and buisnesslike.

I worked that stage with Flex, No one to my knowledge stepped up and claimed ownership of the prank. It certainly was up there with the guy who decided to activate the swingers after i just reset them. That in itself wouldnt have been a big deal, although he wasnt even the on deck shooter. What are people thinking! Squinty.'

I'm pretty sure that it was a good-natured prank...that hadn't been thought through.

We probably don't need to look for a hanging tree (but, know that my RO's were literally making a noose ;) ).

I made an announcement to the squad, saying that it wasn't funny and that it was a good thing that I didn't know who did it. (I would have issued a DQ.)

I then went for a little walk to think about it. Decided I should call up the RM and let him know. He came along and then got the squad together for a level-headed reminder that that wasn't acceptable behavior.

The competitor that got pranked...we gave him extra time to look the stage over.

What's really disappointing and telling at the same time is that the responsible individual did not take "credit" for the behaviour. Remember in grade school when the whole class was punished because of the actions of a few? One would think we would have learned something since then... :unsure:

Perp should be thrown out of USPSA.

A ban from USPSA seems a bit harsh. Unless the prank had gone unnoticed and catastrophic failure occurred.

A match DQ for unsportsmanlike conduct seems justifiable.

matk

Edited by HuskySig

We probably don't need to look for a hanging tree (but, know that my RO's were literally making a noose ;) ). Hey im still waiting for my certificate from that class.
Edited by hf219

That is the funniest thing Ive seen in a long time. Ive got to rent that movie, I havent seen it for quite awhile. :roflol: Its even better when he is doing the obstacle course, AHHH, brings back fond memories of the academy! Good times,good times. :cheers:

Total BS and makes me wonder if they have sense enough to run with a loaded gun. I might have asked if the whole squad wanted a zero for the stage if the guilty party didn't fess up.

Edited by JThompson

So, here I am running this complicated stage at the Area 8 match. I give the squad their walk-through, show them the activators and give them their 5 minutes.

We happened to have a safe area on our shooting bay. I soon see one of the shooters over there and he is frustratingly working at his gun. No joy coming from him at all. I'm feeling bad for him. Here he is at a big Area match, paid his money, travel, all of that and everything else...and now his gun is broken. I am thinking, not only is the broken gun a frustration and a distraction, but he is having to work on it during his 5 minutes...missing out on his chance to look over this complicated cof.

Next thing I hear is him yelling toward his squad (who is still busy looking the stage over during the squad's 5 minutes) and saying something along the lines of, "f*#k with me all you want, but don't f*#k with my gun!"

Well...that gets my attention.

Turns out, one of his squad-mates...in an attempt to be funny(?)...had stuffed a string of pasters and paper deep up into his mag well while the gun was on his holster. It took tools to poke and pull this stuff out.

I had no words. But...I found a few. Then the Range Master came by and found a few more.

The moral of this story is...don't get DQ'ed over some silly behavior. If you want to have fun and play grab-ass with your buddies...that's fine. Just don't do anything that is going to interfere with their game...or slow down the match for the other 315 shooters that came out to compete and have fun.

Flex,

I hope you had a talk with the shooter about his choice of words as well.