Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot about 400 rounds today. 300 rounds of good practice on “triple six” (and 100 rounds of screwing around trying to destroy my high round count practice gun) … Freestyle, strong hand only, and weak hand only. I came up with some goal times for strong and weak hand “triple six”

Strong Hand Only:

7 Yard 2.2

15Yard 3.2

25 Yard 4.5

Total: 9.9 + a few points down = 11

Weak Hand Only:

7 Yard 3.5

15Yard 4.5

25 Yard 5.75

Total: 13.75 + a few points down = 14.75

Also, I worked quite a bit at 50 yards. I did my warmup run on the standards that Bryan keeps chattering about. (Bryan, if you are curious my cold run was 10.49 3Cs and 1D string 1, and 5.76 7c string 2, I got a little bit hard on the trigger and got a bunch of extra Cs string 2)

50 yard shooting really brings out any problems you have with grip, and mine can always use a tune up.

Thoughts?

Ben,

This is off topic but I will ask it anyone. Do you reload your own ammo. About how much does it cost per K. How much time per K?

Jason

Yes I reload, I am sponsored by black bullets international so it is VERY cheap. Including brass pickup and tumbling I am into it well under 4 hours per K.

Do you reload on a SDB?

Ben,

This is off topic but I will ask it anyone. Do you reload your own ammo. About how much does it cost per K. How much time per K?

Jason

Yes I reload, I am sponsored by black bullets international so it is VERY cheap. Including brass pickup and tumbling I am into it well under 4 hours per K.

Do you reload on a SDB?

Indeed I do

Ben,

Jason

This would have been better asked in one of the reloading forums. I'll add a bit of detail to Ben's post to cover the rest of your questions, so he can focus on this being *his* diary. (gentle hint)

If you scrounge your brass for free from matches (I've never paid for a single 9mm case) it is very economical.

$60ish per K for a 130gr Blackbullet

$8 per thousand for 3.7gr of Solo1000 powder (Assuming $120 for 8lb keg)

$32 per thousand for primers (I'm still using Wolf's I bought for $18 per 1k!)

I typically add $7 per thousand to cover HazMat and shipping on supplies bought in bulk. I never buy less than 6k bullets, 5k primers, 8lbs of powder, etc.

$107 per thousand. $10.70 for 100 rounds. $5.35 for a box of fifty rounds.

Ben loads on a Square Deal B. Which proves he's insane. It's a nice machine, but could be better/faster/whateverer. I load on a XL650, and now that I'm getting divorced and can focus on practicing for reals... I'm definitely going to be snagging a bulletfeeder very soon.

My best is 47mins to load 1,000 rounds. 60-70minutes per thousand is more realistic, assuming range pickup brass which will have some crap brass in there to jam up the press and require clearing. If you have 10 primer tubes prefilled, of course. I do that another night - anytime I'm watching a movie or TV at home. I hate having empty primer tubes laying around.

Ben loads on a Square Deal B. Which proves he's insane. It's a nice machine, but could be better/faster/whateverer. I load on a XL650, and now that I'm getting divorced and can focus on practicing for reals... I'm definitely going to be snagging a bulletfeeder very soon.

My best is 47mins to load 1,000 rounds. 60-70minutes per thousand is more realistic, assuming range pickup brass which will have some crap brass in there to jam up the press and require clearing. If you have 10 primer tubes prefilled, of course. I do that another night - anytime I'm watching a movie or TV at home. I hate having empty primer tubes laying around.

I like how after all the nonsesense on this thread, you decide that the SDB makes me nuts...

I should point out that I am saying a bit under 4 hours to load because I am including literally every second I spend doing anything loading related. Picking up brass, tumbling brass, filling primer tubes, etc.

I didnt get to shoot much the last week. Vacation has been fun, but not very productive. The only shooting I did was when I visted Taran while he was teaching models to shoot. Now that was pretty fun to watch.

Either way, I can't wait to get back home and start shooting stuff for real.

not a shooting vacation hum!!!!

I didnt get to shoot much the last week. Vacation has been fun, but not very productive. The only shooting I did was when I visted Taran while he was teaching models to shoot. Now that was pretty fun to watch.

Either way, I can't wait to get back home and start shooting stuff for real.

not a shooting vacation hum!!!!

Ok ok ok, I lied.

My last post really needed a fistful of :) :) dudes stuck in there....

I really didn't mean that to sound like a rip on you, just that the 650 almost seems too slow to me at times, and if i loaded in the volume you do, Ben, I couldn't imagine an SDB... I'm more than happy to return this diary to it's proper owner. :)

The Comcast dude is coming in about an hour to hook up my digital cable. I FINALLY HAVE THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL! I'm gonna be Tivo'ing every episode, abd can watch the world's fastest Beretta kick ass over and over. ;)

I love my SDB, then again I have never used anything else so I am a little ignorant. Congrats on the Top Shot deal Ben. I love the show and can't wait until next Sunday night. See you at the MN Section Match. You and Hooper should make it to one of my MAPSA matches in Faribault sometime. Later

Beretta & Ben go together like peas & carrots. Congrats on the Top Shot deal.

I switched to a glock now though. I will have one at area 5.

OK whoever hacked into Bens account get off now and we wont call the internet police!

Ha! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

That is one of the funniest things I have heard. lol

Area 5 is all done.

I shot like an absolute maniac! In a word, I sucked.

Lots of little mistakes… lots of room to get better.

I felt really tense the first day. After that, I got a bit more relaxed and shot a helluva lot better. I just need to shoot more matches like an idiot and see where I end up. Swinging for the bleachers on every stage sure is fun!

I shot with the Minkster, and that dude is seriously a blast. If you ever get a chance to squad with him please do!

Was it the "Grip angle?" :roflol:

Loved the TOP Shot episode Ben!! Great job! You are the best Ambassador for the Beretta 92FS....

Edited by flack jacket