Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I been thinking that we need to step it up for the Overall Match Winner.

The Last 4 Years we gave the Winner a $502.00 STI frame, Just Like most of the Division Winners and a Really Cool Trophy done by anythingFromWood.com . Well this year the Match Winner gets a $1700.00 Fullly Dressed, AR-15 Rifle and a really cool trophy (of Course thru your FFL dealer) NOW! hows that for Stepping up!

Tricked out AR? Thats pretty impressive. Makes me wish I could run with the GM's... That being said, from my prespective I'd like to see it given away as a random prize table ticket item. But then, who besides someone with a viable shot at overall match winner wouldn't, huh?

I been thinking that we need to step it up for the Overall Match Winner.

The Last 4 Years we gave the Winner a $502.00 STI frame, Just Like most of the Division Winners and a Really Cool Trophy done by anythingFromWood.com . Well this year the Match Winner gets a $1700.00 Fullly Dressed, AR-15 Rifle and a really cool trophy (of Course thru your FFL dealer) NOW! hows that for Stepping up!

Tricked out AR? Thats pretty impressive. Makes me wish I could run with the GM's... That being said, from my prespective I'd like to see it given away as a random prize table ticket item. But then, who besides someone with a viable shot at overall match winner wouldn't, huh?

I think it would be pretty cool if a B class SingleStack shooter took the rifle home. :rolleyes:

I'm with you guys. I intend to do well but realistically, 96% of the competitors, including myself, have absolutely ZERO chance of winning the AR.

I hope when one of the top guys wins it & then sells it, they get a good price for it. You know, you can only win & keep so many guns.

Still looking forward to the match, should be a great time!

MLM

I'm with you guys. I intend to do well but realistically, 96% of the competitors, including myself, have absolutely ZERO chance of winning the AR.

I hope when one of the top guys wins it & then sells it, they get a good price for it. You know, you can only win & keep so many guns.

Still looking forward to the match, should be a great time!

MLM

That's not necessarily true. If you find Jeff Gallulie and hire him to treat the top guys like he did Nancy Kerrigan there will ALWAYS be a chance.... :roflol:

Edited by Zerwas

What would be cool if scorch could swing it $$$ wise would be one tricked out AR to the match HOA and either raffle one off or by random draw. Or maybe even to the match staff!! :roflol:

I think the match winner SHOULD get something cool!!

IT'S ON!!! I will call and make reservations for Saturday night 7:30! Signup on this thread so I know how many people to tell them. Bring your peanut proof outer wear and drink covers!!! If polo shows up, bring your head gear - he is dangerous!! :goof:

Count me in.

Jack

Some of the OKC crew is on for a 13 stager on Friday!! Now just need to find a hotel that will be outdoor, casegaging, cigar smokin, cold beer sippin friendly... :)

Mike

Cool; Im doing it all on Friday too.

My app just went out yesterday.

Who else if shooting on Friday only?

My first DTR match was last year, was totally unprepared for the weather. Shot the Friday match in low 40's which wasn't too bad...until the 15-20 mph winds started rolling in. This time around I'm bringing everything for every condition and temperature. I don't care if the weather forecast is 70's and Sunny, I'm still bringing the gear!

three of us are coming from the middle of misouri, this will be our first time shooting the double tap. what do we need to be on the lookout for? how does the weather usually fair? :roflol:

Just look out for other eight crazies from MO on Sq 18. :surprise:

Weather can be any combination from cold to hot to dry to wet. Maybe even the same day.

Most always a bit windy.

Clean your guns often and especially any mags that hit the ground. The infamous red

clay dust is your worst enemy. We learned that the 1st time and haven't had problems since.

Other than that, be prepared for one of the most fun pistol matches you will ever shoot.

Every year we think Robert can't possibly beat the year before....... Then he does!

Craig

three of us are coming from the middle of misouri, this will be our first time shooting the double tap. what do we need to be on the lookout for? how does the weather usually fair? :roflol:

I flew down to TX for the DTC last year as it was my first year....I went thinking I was going to escape the harsh COLD Minnesota winter if not for at least 3 days. It was very hot on Thursday when I arrived (temps in the 90's if I recall). I thought it was going to be awesome to shoot in those conditions.

Then Friday morning came. I stepped outside from my hotel room and I thought for sure someone threw me in a freezer.

It was so COLD on Friday especially with that biting wind straight out of the north that just never let up. I was somewhat prepared for it (or so I thought). I had my camo hand warmers, underarmor etc etc...turns out I should have packed my chemical hand warmers as well. I could hardly feel my fingers during the match. A couple of guys that shoot up here with me arrived on Friday and they got ready to shoot the Sat/Sun format and they commented just how cold it was.

I'm hoping mother nature works more in our favor this year.

Long story longer,,bring everything you even think you might need for every type of weather condition. Then, bring it to the range with you as you might need it depending on the time of day. Prepare to have a blast at this match!

Edited by Zerwas

Last year I flew down on Wednesday, went to check out the stages on Thursday, it was 94 degrees. I shot on Friday, when the temp hovered around 47 degrees with a nice steady 20mph wind. I was shivering so much that complete strangers kept offering me their coats. I had bronchitis for about a month afterward. My mittens are still in Texas. :P

Fun match, though!! :cheers:

Edited by flyingchange

Is Harbor Freight the match sponsor this year?

Not so Much this Year! Glad Folks Are Using what they Won last year thats the goal. I hate it when I win what I already have or can't use. You will see lots more Components on the Table this Year. Dillion Presses and Case feeders. Bullets and such

Just curious, is the prize table going to take hours upon hours to go through? Is it on Friday after the match or Saturday Evening kinda like Space city does it?

The past two years (the only ones I've made it to) had the prize table start just after lunch on Sunday. Everything is laid out for inspections and the line forms as they draw names. It does take a few hours to complete. In the past its been a real good table, well worth the wait.

Bill