Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-22

ErikW

Shot this today and made a classic mistake ...

From memory the numbers were

Open B 55 7.21 (which I think is somewhere around 70%)

I wasted *ages* on the clock because, as I was coming up from the reload, I saw that on shot on the first target was right on the edge of the hardcover, and then I stared at it trying to decide if it was a miss and worth taking an extra shot for. It actually broke the edge so it was a hit and I wasted time wondering.

The last time I shot this classifer, I had a no shoot and didn't make it up and later arithmetic showed me that I should have.

Lesson: Shoot the stage, score it later. In these classifiers, there's no "make up" that helps and thinking about it can hinder.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a definite improvement on the last time I shot this, so I must be getting better ... but I hate it when I do something that I know to be a mistake (Oops, wrong forum :P)

Kevin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Open, 5.11 with one non-penalty mike (pretty annoyed at myself there) Four A on the first target, four A on the third target, and three A...and a D...on the darn middle target. Prepped the trigger heavy (bad Alex, no doughnut) on the third shot, first magazine (sigh).

11.15 hit factor; I don't think that I'm doing the backwards percentage math correctly, as I get a strange answer. :blink:

Alex

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Shot this one yesterday and had a pretty good run. Open-59pts. 5.83sec. 10.120 hf.

My ego was dealt a crushing blow when R. Wheaton stepped up and put down a 10.556 hf. run!!! :o His was Open-55pts. 5.21 sec. Maybe next time...............

• 2 months later...
In the context of a match, this course is merely a land mine to avoid stepping on. Just get your Alphas and stay out of the black and white, no matter how long it takes you. Even if your competition burns it down and takes the stage win and all 60 match points, you're still going to walk out of there at most 5-10 points down. There are bigger fish to fry.

You know, maybe this should go in the "What I like" sub-forum, but it *amazes* me how many valuable nuggets are buried in the BEForum, like this...

This classifier was on of the stage at the VA/MD Sectional and I watched many squad members crash and burn; a couple turning in 6-something second times, but 20 or more penalty points. :(

I shot it like an injured slug, in 9 flat/55pts, but avoided that inner fury from doing something stupid, and went on to have good match. I hope I see this in a local match, but in a major, the black and white is frightening, and Erik's words ring true.

• 2 weeks later...

Just shot this at the VA-MD Section match. It was my second stage in a semi-major in more than a year. I shot fairly conservative until later in the day.

6 flat 3 down for HF 9.5

Todd:

4.86 down 1 for HF 12.1399

I was like 76% on that stage, but the OHIO page says 89% of the average.

Open/Master

Tommy

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First match in 3 months and this was the first stage of the day...to say I hit this one while cold was an understatement.

Shooting an M&P .40 major, D class, Limited , 55 points in 12.4 thanks to a horrible index after the turn. I was terribly off balance the first 6 shots but tried to get lined up during the reload. No mikes, no honkies, and it will help me bump up into C class soon. I'll take it and work on it.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I either didn't write my hits down properly or it was scored wrong and I didn't catch it. My time was 15.08 though. Assuming I had all 60 points, which I didnt, I'd be somewhere around 39%. I had at least one mike, so it was a solid D class shoot.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...