Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-22

ErikW

Limited
58 points, 6.89 seconds, 8.4179 hit factor
(works out to just under 79% nationally)

Interesting thing about the two no-shoot partials, there were distinct four-shot groups on each, where I dropped once C each. Each group was clearly shying away from each no-shoot. It's interesting because I was aiming for the A zone, coming in from the left each pass. I wasn't aiming for the middle of available brown.

99-22.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Erik!  I notice that I too have a hard time shooting at the "available brown".   I know we are supposed to ignore no shoots, but if I have a choice between a "C" and a no shoot, my subconcious says " take the C dude".  I'ts just dang difficult to regulate precision at high speed.   Mighty fine run though!  

Erik:

Shot the darn thing again last Sunday. I shot at the "available brown" and stayed clear away fron the no shoots and hardcover. As a result, I only managed 51 points. Time was 6.09 for a HF of 8.3744. I can't decide if a guy should play it safe or go for the A zone and let 'er rip. I hate this one...

Erik:

Yeah, I know a guy has to get most of the points on the scoring face. That's why I think I would be better off to crowd the no shoots and the hard cover rather than shoot center of available mass. Then again, I am working on A class so I guess I could get there through speed, although I would prefer to do it with points.

I think most of my classifiers are solid A percentages. (That is, except for the ones where I missed or dinged a no-shoot.) Most of them are just plain get-those-Alphas shooting, no heroic speed runs. I think that's what it takes to get into A class.

• 3 weeks later...

Erik:

Well it came back 78.8 per cent so it's good enough for A class. To go any higher I am going to have to get those points because I can't go much faster, yet.

Paul:

Yikes, you smoked me on points and time. It would be interesting to see how you do in open. Would be master in Limited, I think.

• 3 months later...

Open, 5.88, 56 points (1 B, 3 C) = 9.5238 HF

I swear I burned up the first five seconds up to the reload and shot the second pass in .88. :) I don't know what made me do it but I just unleashed after the reload.

• 1 month later...

This was the very first classifer I ever shot.  Shot it the first weekend of December last year.

Posted a huge 37.786%

"Oh, you mean I'm NOT supposed to shoot where its black?  Its so easy to see though!"  =)

BradC

A46143

Yeah they don't tell you about black targets in the new shooter orientation because they want you to concentrate on safety. Here's a helpful hint... don't shoot the white ones or the ones with Xs on them, either. :)

Thanks for the hint! ;)

I've been shooting for about 9 months now,  and I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I just got my B card in Limited and have my first B level score in L10.  I'm pushing for my A card before my daughter is born in August.

Which reminds, I should be dry-fire practicing, not posting =)

BradC

A46143

• 4 months later...

I shot Nuevo last August as a C-class for a 6.9712 hf, which scored 65.403% nationally.

I just shot it again.

I was shooting Limited Minor (G17, Fobus holster, factory ammo).  I hadn't been shooting very well all day.  Between Minor and the way I had been shooting...I decided I'd better just tone it down and go for the Alpha hits. (ahhh...there is a front sight on this gun)

60 points, 7.26 seconds

8.2645 hf, should go in at 77.5369%

• 1 month later...

Shot it today.. 58 pts in 6.6 sec.  My reload magazine crashed into the one coming out of the gun.  First time I've done that, but as I didn't see any of it, I need to  practice what I'm looking at on reloads.

• 6 months later...

Limited again, 55 points less a no-shoot penalty, in 7.36 (flubbed the reload).

What was weird was that I was a shot-calling fool on T2-T3 because of the no-shoots. I called one right on the shoulder perf of the NS, and sure enough, it was dead on the perf. I think I had all but one Alphas on T2-T3 and dropped most of the points on T1. Something about that brown and black doesn't work with my vision like the brown and white.