Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Bomar Alternative

00bullitt

Needed a replacement for my STI adjustable sight. Was going to get a Caspian from Brownells and checked the new products section. Ed Brown is now producing a super nice Bomar Style sight. Brownells discount price is a super big secret and I can't tell you what I paid for it but I'm sure you know how to decipher in their catalog so have at it. Got it today and was thoroughly impressed with the quality.

Edited to make certain whiney folks happy. :angry:

Edited by 00bullitt

I like that better than the traditional Bomar. I never could figure out why they don't run the serrations all the way up the sight. :huh:

I am still on my original factory STI knockoff sight, and will probably continue using that until it dies. I do have a Bomar in my bag as a backup, but like I said earlier I don't like the serrations.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Pulled out an STI and an Ed Brown and took pics side by side. Subtle differences but really close. I know these are different than the old rear sight STI had that constantly broke a pin on the front hinge.

post-397-1207347602.jpg

post-397-1207347614.jpg

Edited by chuckbradley

Are these all made by Kengs in China?

that ed brown looks just like my king's rr FOMAR w/o the Kings logo stamped on it. I'm sure most of em are chinese made. what isnt these days?

American Beer :cheers:

I bought an Ed Brown from Chuck a couple of weeks ago. Well made, moves when it should (adjustment), and then stays put. I did have a problem with the hinge pin not being staked, and working it's way partially out. I got hold of the Ed Brown folks, the appologized said I could send it to them, or just stake it with a punch myself, which is what I did.

I plan on getting a couple more for other pistols that I am not thrilled with the sights on. Try and be consistant with all my guns.

Mark

I'm sure most of em are chinese made. what isnt these days?

SV/Infinity is now making a Bo-Mar replacement that is NOT made in China. It is 100% machined from billet (nothing cast or MIM) and seems bulletproof.

They are built by SV in Texas and the quality is up to par with their guns. The sight is available with different blade designs and heights to make more room in the IPSC box.

If you are looking for the absolute best sight available, they have them.

Edited by L9X25

...speaking of Brownells'...the "Discount" price on the STI rear sight is about $12-13 LESS than the similar "Discount" pricing on the VERY SIMILAR Caspian OR Ed Brown units...FWIW....mikey357

Needed a replacement for my STI adjustable sight. Was going to get a Caspian from Brownells and checked the new products section. Ed Brown is now producing a super nice Bomar Style sight. Brownells discount price is a super big secret and I can't tell you what I paid for it but I'm sure you know how to decipher in their catalog so have at it. Got it today and was thoroughly impressed with the quality.

Edited to make certain whiney folks happy. :angry:

Needing a replacement was an understatement.!!!!!!

• 3 months later...